digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The "I got eet!" MKWii Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:26 pm   Reply with quote

Post here if you've acquired the latest installation in Nintendo's fast-paced Mario Kart series, Mario Kart Wii! Included at its launch (4/27) with the new Wii Wheel Accessory.

If you have it and have been playing it, what are your thoughts so far?

You may also post your Friend Code and other information here, even though we've a place in our profiles for that. =P
Dimension D    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:28 pm   Reply with quote

Francis should've stickied the other topics...
anyways I have it, FC in profile/sig. its an epic game. and of course I'm really good at it already, well I'm only good with Baby Peach for some reason, and probably other light weights.
Anyways, great game. yes
Baby Shop    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:32 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Francis should've stickied the other topics...
anyways I have it, FC in profile/sig. its an epic game. and of course I'm really good at it already, well I'm only good with Baby Peach for some reason, and probably other light weights.
Anyways, great game. yes

I just got it myself... I'll have my info up soon. Yes, Francis should sticky some of the other topics, since I can't. =(

I have a feeling I'll be using lightweights a lot.
Dimension D    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:35 pm   Reply with quote

Have not yet tried it out, but it looks like my brother is having a lot of fun.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:39 pm   Reply with quote

I usually use Lightweights, but in this game the lightweights are not as easy to handle... and the Heavyweights are easier to handle. oo;
Junk shop    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:41 pm   Reply with quote

Fireice wrote:
I usually use Lightweights, but in this game the lightweights are not as easy to handle... and the Heavyweights are easier to handle. oo;

really? i find lightweights easier to use...well thats just me. o.o
I'm okay with Heavy and middle weights. But I'm more of a light class user
Baby Shop    
Nimexa, The Gentle Breeze
Dark Prognosticus
Burning Werewolf

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:42 pm   Reply with quote

I got it. It's pretty good.
Dark Prognosticus` Deed Shop    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:53 pm   Reply with quote

Got it just unlocked Mii, Diddy and Rosalina.
Shrowser's Shop    
YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:04 pm   Reply with quote

I unlocked King Boo, Diddy, and Rosalina. Do I have to beat four of the FAST Staff Ghosts, or something to unlock Funky?

~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:50 pm   Reply with quote

I got it. I haven't unlocked anyone though. D:
The Carmadox Party    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:29 am   Reply with quote

YoshiAngemon wrote:
I unlocked King Boo, Diddy, and Rosalina. Do I have to beat four of the FAST Staff Ghosts, or something to unlock Funky?

No, you just have to unlock four, then beat a GP (i.e. beat four regular staff ghosts by 2-8 seconds to unlock the fast ones)

Anyway, I did get it on release, beaten 50cc and halfway through the retro 100cc (Dry Bones here I come). Overall, this is a good game, and I absolutely ADORE the Special Cup (though Rainbow Road is very difficult for me). Apparently, I can only play as Donkey Kong, Diddy, or one of the Wario Bros for some reason, as I can't handle the turning power of the lightweights (drifting on the Wario Bike is too much fun) and...well, I fail at using King Boo and Bowser for some reason. The rest of the characters I either haven't unlocked for find uninteresting (or are Yoshi, who is exempt from everything for being Yoshi).

The battle mode, I have to say, is a great improvement from previous versions. Funky Stadium has sort of a classic Tony Hawk Pro Skater feel to it with an added Mario Kart twist, making it my favorite battle stage. I'm really pleased with it overall.

I'll have impressions on Wi-fi soon enough...
Temple of I    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:32 am   Reply with quote

Creepy Mario wrote:
Got it just unlocked Mii, Diddy and Rosalina.

You have to UNLOCK the Mii feature?
Gemstone Goods    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:29 am   Reply with quote

I can has it and I've unlocked all the characters and Expert Staff Ghosts [/arrogant bragging]

At first I preferred the lightweights, then the heavyweights, and now the middleweights 0.o;
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:26 pm   Reply with quote

Yes you have to unlock the Mii. I'm not spoiling WHICH Grand Prix you gotta do, but you have to beat it in 1st place. Once you got the Mii, you can use it in only ONE weight class, depending on the Mii's dimensions. My Mii turned out to be a Mediumweight driver, and he rules on the Sugarscoot (M-class bike avaiable from the start.).

The guide says you have to do 50 games and have Galaxy save data to unlock Rosalina (or 4,950 games if you don't have SMG data; seriously, who on Digibutter HASN'T played Galaxy?). But what I'm confused is, does that mean 50 races in any non-Time Trials mode (including WFC Race), or does that mean 50 times of playing (4 races of a Grand Prix counting as one game)?

My favorite new item is the Mega Mushroom. But what REALLY fails about it is that it lasts ONLY TEN SECONDS!! In NSMB, it lasted for 15 seconds or something. I absolutely HATE getting Lightning Cloud'd or POW Block'd. But the Golden Mushroom can be a racesaver.
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
Jet
Super Gwag Meister
Vampire

HP: 80 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:56 pm   Reply with quote

I got grounded on the day I got it...
Mario Kart Central    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii