digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

My guess on how you get stars.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:13 am   Reply with quote

Performance, and time. NOT items. If you're blue shell'd, that won't take away your likeness of a star, but the time you lose will. Don't bump into walls, and that's pretty much simple. It doesn't get harder on higher CCs. You just have more speed to control, which is why it was so easy for me, because I LOVE mah speed. Now, here's how it works.

50cc: You'll need to pwn the opponents.

100cc: You'll need to somewhat pwn the opponents.

150cc: You don't even need 60 points if that's what you were thinking. If you can beat those computers three times, and lose a teenie bit one time, you still get one star.

Special cup: The hardest of them all. 150cc special cup... actually, star cup was harder, but I'll explain special cup because it's REALLY tough to get stars if you're not a rainbow road god.

Dry dry desert: There are a lot of shortcuts. There's 2 on the first lap, requiring mushrooms, 3 on the second lap, two requiring mushrooms, and one being a ramp that goes over a patch of off road. And 4 on the last lap. All the previous ones, and the sand bowl inside the ruins. Overall, if you use the shortcuts when you can, you're good to go.

Moonview hellway: Drive in THE CENTER OF THE ROAD. Oh, and try to get in as many booster pannels as possible.

Bowser's castle: Lots of complicated tricks that got me to victory. I'll start with the mecha bowser trick. After you do your first ridge jump, and land, there's a ramp on the second part of offroad. do a trick on it, and it's better than doing the second ridge. Then, make sure you don't hit the fire on the booster pannel after the three thwomps. It'll own you so much. Finally, before the end, go over the lumps for lava geysers, and do tricks.

Rainbow road: On the very lumpy part that waves around, do tricks for afew boosts. If you land on the booster pannel, and come off with a trick, jump over the hole, and jump over the next hole. (Using a trick.) And if you aren't lucky, do a ridge jump, make a trick, and then jump over the second hole, or jump over a chord of the first hole, doing a trick, and then with the boost, jump over the second hole. Yay. Then, after some easy stuff. (It's easy for me) Take the LEFT path when the road splits. The right one is less likely to fall off, but when you finish the right one, one mistake will send you to your doom, as the left, however, is faster, and won't get you killed when you come off. On the next part, only get the booster pannels if you're REALLY good. The second one can kill you with ease.

So anyway, hope I helped, incase you want stars/can't get a star on special cup.

Inb4'WhAt Is A cHoRd?/?>?
PSI and more    
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL
King Harkinian
Burning

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:36 am   Reply with quote

I am a god on Rainbow Road, and I only played it once with Rosalina at PokemonEinstein's house.
The King's Chamber    
Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:46 am   Reply with quote

King Harkinian wrote:
I am a god on Rainbow Road, and I only played it once with Rosalina at PokemonEinstein's house.
Shooting star isn't that fast. I do it with bullet bike, which is a speedster. Not like mini beast, and SPEAR. But, it's fast.
PSI and more    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:01 am   Reply with quote

I think it's just how long you can stay on a good position. You don't get good ranks if you stay 12th all the race and on the last second suddenly get to 1st.

Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:07 am   Reply with quote

CFH wrote:
I think it's just how long you can stay on a good position. You don't get good ranks if you stay 12th all the race and on the last second suddenly get to 1st.
PSI and more    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:01 pm   Reply with quote

Glitz Yoshi wrote:
CFH wrote:

LOL I just lost the game!
Tiptron MKII

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:24 pm   Reply with quote

CFH wrote:
Glitz Yoshi wrote:
CFH wrote:

Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:41 pm   Reply with quote

I actually got a Star Rank even thought I got 6th on one race.
Wario Land Shop!    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:13 pm   Reply with quote

There's actually a highly-complicated system that ranks you on good things that add hidden points (item hits, boost starts, mini-turbos, wheelies, tricks, staying in first, getting a good time, etc) and bad things that take away hidden points (going offroad, lakitu rescuing you, hitting an obstacle, etc). People hitting you with items, fortunately, does not account for this.

Then your actual score shows how many points you need. For example, in order to get a three star rating, you'd need about 1,000 points and 60 race points (hidden points are given at set values, though all of them aren't at 1, so no worries about doing 1,000 turbos). For each level of point deduction (like, say, to 54 points), the top score (in this case, triple star) gets taken off and replaced by the lower figure. So, in reality, the worst grade you can get with 60 points is a C, and that's only if you really *crag* it up.

So basically, if you run accurate races as you would in Time Trials, you'll get a better score. ^^
Temple of I    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii