digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Star Rankings
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii
LOL I just lost the game!
Tiptron MKII

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:07 pm   Reply with quote

I really need some tips on how to get star rank in the cups. I have one three star rank but I really don't know how I did it. Can anyone give me some advice?

Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:09 pm   Reply with quote

Race like you've never raced before. Just do good, get lucky with items, and beware of Leaf cup. (Since the courses are so long, and there's alot of time to be blue shell'd. Items don't hurt you, but they do take away your time, which is bad.) Don't hit walls, don't go offroad without a mushroom, the like.
PSI and more    
Tiptron MKII

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:12 pm   Reply with quote

Good advice but I think I need more specific, like times and stuff. Oh and is it ok to fall off the stage like a million times and still come in 1st?

Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:23 pm   Reply with quote

The theory I've gone by, is that you have to finish each race, two seconds before the person in second place. (I recommend you get first place on all the courses.). Though, the larger the gap inbetween you and second place, you'll have a better chance at getting a star rank.
Troopa's Treats    
Tiptron MKII

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:24 pm   Reply with quote

Does the ranking system gat harder and harder as the cc goes up?

Not Banned... YET!
Charold
Jailed
Jailed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:24 pm   Reply with quote

I have a 2 star ranking on one license, and I just started a second one...

Watch all of the world record vids for the fastest way through, I use Dry Bones + Bullet Bike, and most of the world records are for Funky Kong... so improvise! That's what I did! Now I can constantly keep an over 9000 VR...

And It actually seems to me that the ranking system gets EASIER as it progresses... In my main license, I have so many 3 stars on 150cc and Mirror, and 100cc, but I have a hard time with 50cc... T.T

Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:24 pm   Reply with quote

Tiptron MKII wrote:
Does the ranking system gat harder and harder as the cc goes up?
No. It's phsyically proven. There's no physical time because you can only fall off a certain amount of times (You can't fall off over and over, still getting first, sorry.) You need a good time, and to not crash much. There's no specific thing and there never will be. It doesn't get harder as cc goes up, you just start going faster, so you're more likely to go offroad and such.
PSI and more    
Master Shake
Teh Evil Bunnyy!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:47 am   Reply with quote

I think it is all about time. You have to be several seconds ahead to get a star. My reasons are because once I won all for races but I got a one star but only one second ahead the 2nd place person. Then when I'm four seconds ahead I get a two-star.

Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:14 am   Reply with quote

Master Shake wrote:
I think it is all about time. You have to be several seconds ahead to get a star. My reasons are because once I won all for races but I got a one star but only one second ahead the 2nd place person. Then when I'm four seconds ahead I get a two-star.
It's been proven by detectives greater than I. You have to not bump into walls, not go on offroad, and have a good time. Time is only one of the aspects!
PSI and more    
Master Shake
Teh Evil Bunnyy!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:29 am   Reply with quote

Professor Pennington wrote:
Master Shake wrote:
It's been proven by detectives greater than I. You have to not bump into walls, not go on offroad, and have a good time. Time is only one of the aspects!
But if you go offroad, bump into walls, and fall off those are the things that slow you down. You cannot have bad time unless you do those stuff or have a good time and not do those stuff. Those are the things that determine wheather your time is good or bad so I think it's all about the time.

Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:40 pm   Reply with quote

Master Shake wrote:
Professor Pennington wrote:
Master Shake wrote:
But if you go offroad, bump into walls, and fall off those are the things that slow you down. You cannot have bad time unless you do those stuff or have a good time and not do those stuff. Those are the things that determine wheather your time is good or bad so I think it's all about the time.
THIS is why detectives are still speaking of it. Basically, it goes like this. If you go offroad the whole race, and get a bullet bill for the win, you don't get a good rank.Those do slow you down, butthey also have that affect. It's a highly complicated formula.
PSI and more    
Tiptron MKII

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:17 pm   Reply with quote

So you guys are saying that I must be 1st and more than 2 seconds ahead of the next CPU?

Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:33 pm   Reply with quote

Yes, you are guaranteed one star or more, if you get 1st place on every course, and are ahead of the next CPU by 2 seconds. Also, remember not to fall off the course at any time, and that usually reduces your ranking.
Troopa's Treats    
Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:47 pm   Reply with quote

Jr. Troopa wrote:
Yes, you are guaranteed one star or more, if you get 1st place on every course, and are ahead of the next CPU by 2 seconds. Also, remember not to fall off the course at any time, and that usually reduces your ranking.
That's true on 150cc and mirror, but not the other two. It's the description I said previously. It's been proven already!
PSI and more    
Tiptron MKII

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:53 pm   Reply with quote

So if I pwned those CPUs in the first race by like 10 seconds and pulled a win out of my assbutt for the rest of the races then I get a 2 star rank?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii