digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I'm getting sick of seeing this online
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii
RAWRRAWRRAWRwithtophatlol
Sumakima Josindu

HP: 50 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:15 am   Reply with quote

I was in a 12 person Worldwide race. No biggie. Then, when the race starts, I see 5 Funky/Flame Rider combos. My jaw dropped, as I watched them take of at a high speed. The second lap, I'm in 3rd place, 2 Funkys going at it, blue shell hits them, and I fly past them. I got 1st, and the 2 Funkys that got hit got 7th and 9th. So, I decided to see why people pick him so much. I quit, pick the Funky/Flame combo, and did 5 races. I lost them all. So this furthers my question. So, I simply go to Single Player mode and compare his stats to my Mii's on the Flame Rider, and I saw why. Funky is much faster, so now I'm wondering why do I keep losing with him. I looked closer and saw the acceleration. His was worse my Mii's. This answered my question. People always look at top speed, and nothing else.

I came to the conclusion of why people pick him most. The speed. While fast, his acceleration makes it hard for him to recover for Blue Shells and things like that. You have to hope you either can dodge it, or are hit next to some boosters, yet some people are too oblivious to see that and plan ahead.

Not to get off of what I'm trying to say, but I really don't think there is a "best combo" out there. It depends on what you like to use. Hell, some people are good with the Funky/Flame Rider, and even the slow ass bit bike. (I guess you could say I'm contradicting my self when my lesson is "Speed isn't everything," but acceleration isn't everything, either.) I'm great with the Mii/Flame Rider because it has speed, and the acceleration to match.

(Wow, I typed this on a Wii. My first big wall of text. I'm happy.)

Most annoying person ever
Anony1200
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:20 am   Reply with quote

Well,I like weight.Knocking off oobish flameriders is TOO much fun.
Anony1200's House of Cards    
Sumakima Josindu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:25 am   Reply with quote

...Wha...? Flame Riders are heavy. And I never said anything about weight, I was talking about speed and acceleration.

Anony1200
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:29 am   Reply with quote

You said what you work with and how it's not the traditional speed.

I'm actually sorry for killing you.I hate spedpures.
Sumakima Josindu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:33 am   Reply with quote

I'm getting a little irritated of you, and I can't read your slaughtered english. Your title is right, you are annoying.

Anony1200
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:35 am   Reply with quote

Glasses.Seriously.This is the English language.

What I mean is,you said you perfer acceleration over speed somewhat.I said I like weight(Wario bike,to be spefic) over other things.

What we agree on is that we arn't speedpures(Only use the fastest kart avaliable).
Sumakima Josindu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:39 am   Reply with quote

You were making many spelling mistakes. Sorry about that. Yeah, nobody likes them except other speedpures. And I can't seem to use the Wario Bike anymore. I can only use bikes like the Flame Rider for some reason.

Anony1200
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:13 am   Reply with quote

Oh,yeah,forgot to mention:i'm typing in the complete dark.I'll be better at it in the morning.

I just can't catch on to the FL's drift. It goes so far inside,it's little of use around corners,and when you try to get it out,it just goes straight.
Sumakima Josindu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:16 am   Reply with quote

When I use bikes like you do, they slide out too far. I'm better with short, sharp turns.

Anony1200
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:32 am   Reply with quote

But lemee tell you,the only bearable thing I've seen so far concerning middleweights:

Classic dragster.I have a history involving MKSC,and there,acceleration is king.
Sumakima Josindu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:34 am   Reply with quote

I can't use karts at all. I can't use lightweights either. I just get smashed all over the place.

How deliciously sexual
Emil
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:13 am   Reply with quote

Soo... If you guys hate speed, I assume you must dislike my Daisy/Mach Bike combo?
Green Para-Koopa's Shop    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:19 am   Reply with quote

Green Paratroopa wrote:
Soo... If you guys hate speed, I assume you must dislike my Daisy/Mach Bike combo?
Or, in my case, my Peach/Mach Bike Combo.
I try to take the best of two worlds: the slight acceleration advantage Peach has over other racers (similar to Funky's speed advantage) as well as Peach's tighter turning circle.

The Funky/Flame... thingy combo's poor acceleration can be accounted for easily. It just requires experience of how... [/secrecy]
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:28 am   Reply with quote

I prefer the sneakster yoshi combo myself.

Yoshi doesn't even care how he boosts his kart's stats, he just likes being yoshi.

However, the reason yoshi isn't bowser jr. is because jr. has mini turbo, which is useless to yoshi. This is why yoshi uses sneakster, because it's mini turbo stinks, so yoshi doesn't have a useless stat to take away from the other ones that yoshi DOES care about.

Once you learn the ways of the sneakster, it's nearly unbeatable.
PSI and more    
Anony1200
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:57 pm   Reply with quote

For Bikes concerning middleweights...I havn't unlocked any yet.Hahahah.

It reminds me of the one time I was onlinne,and everyone else picked Luigi circuit with Funkyflamerider,Daisymachbike,and that...good lightweight bike,I was Blue mii in the Wario Bike and picked Bowser's Castle.

The guy in 2nd came close to a minute behind me.Seriously,Wario Bike is one of the most balanced heavy bikes(and one of the few that carry in the "heavy" spirit) and if you bring it up ONCE,speedpures laugh at you.WTH.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii