digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

My fellow members...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:22 pm   Reply with quote

For only so long, we have been under the oppressive grip of that which we cannot understand. We have been labeled, forced into a popularity chain like a caste system, cursed by those we believe are elitists. Cursed by our own administration. Cursed by our closest friends.

We look to the left and see corruption. We look to the right and see anarchy. No matter how wonderful your members are, no matter how friendly you are, this is a time of total war.

We've been charged into a war that we have not ever wanted to fight. We've entered a psychological war that we have never wished to partake in. Our skirmishes have shrunk in both number and severity, but so have our numbers of legendary members.

Therefore, I am officially declaring my candidacy for presidency. We are all a community. A rapidly-growing one, yes, a strange one, yes, a dividing one, yes. But I wish to speak for that community.

I was a POM (Prisoner of Moderation) for nearly a year. And I promise you the change, the voice, the strength, the heart, and the motivation we all desire.

We shall overcome our differences and unite. We shall overcome, to the point where n00b children and role-play children and off-topic children and entertaining children and epic children and fail children can stand hand-in-hand! We shall overcome that darkness, that insecurity, the lack of expression! We shall charge forth into the light

WE SHALL OVERCOME!

I FOR '08!!!!

...so, yes, this is my little "imma running" intro. ^^
Temple of I    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:41 am   Reply with quote

Soo...what does the president do again?
Dimension C    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:16 am   Reply with quote

I think of a president as a voice for a nation; a pure and flowing nation where the majority voice of the people can be heard, but no comment will be left unanswered. Let freedom ring from the old 8-bit fortresses all the way to the tips of the Dotwood Tree. Let freedom ring from the bottom of the tile pool. Let freedom ring from the balcony of Fort Francis!

Let freedom ring...

...oh, and uhhh...has there already been slander about me? Just curious, since I've heard some things and had some old-member thinkin' time...yeah...
Temple of I    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:26 am   Reply with quote

The only slander I've seen has been about me, and I haven't even said I'm running. :)
The Carmadox Party    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:54 pm   Reply with quote

Hmm...the others seem to be posting more, so I suppose I should, too.

At this point, all I've done is proven that I can throw cotton candy around for you all to gobble, and I'll get a static 25% vote from name and face alone. I really hate to admit it, but...really, the only reason I'm even running at this point is because I feel I could do the position best, and the simple fact that...yeah, I'm like L-Block or Pikachu or something in a popularity contest. >_>

I'm just going to be blunt for this message: I believe that I am the best option on the ballot. Popple is excellent and has contributed so much to the site, Cid is a masterful moderator, Simsmagic raises some of the best points, Baby Daisy is one of the juggernauts who can really rock the world, the other candidates can really make waves.

So, what do I have for you?

I.

Have.

Nothing.

For, there is nothing to give. I don't want to re-invent the wheel and reshape the face of digibutter. I just want to make better wheels.

I'm going to put it simple, even more simple and blunt than I put it before: I'm just going to gear my focus toward fun. This is a wonderful, wonderful community, but it's supposed to be a relaxing and entertaining realm. We do bicker, we do squabble, and we do throw mud at each other. But, I'd like to kick that to the curb. All I want to establish is a simple line of tolerance that all members can agree upon, is completely unarguable, and spend my time as your president focused on the sole purpose of entertaining you.

Let's enjoy our time here at digibutter...now please, who's with me?

P.S. I'll take any questions or comment at any time. ^^
Temple of I    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:21 am   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
I think of a president as a voice for a nation; a pure and flowing nation where the majority voice of the people can be heard, but no comment will be left unanswered. Let freedom ring from the old 8-bit fortresses all the way to the tips of the Dotwood Tree. Let freedom ring from the bottom of the tile pool. Let freedom ring from the balcony of Fort Francis!

Let freedom ring...

...oh, and uhhh...has there already been slander about me? Just curious, since I've heard some things and had some old-member thinkin' time...yeah...

K I make you feel better.

You are a bad person and you are mean.

There, now you are slandered.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:22 am   Reply with quote

Gee Whiz mister, that was super keen of you!

*pat on the back* Very Happy
Temple of I    
Dark Lord Eternal
Dragus

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:59 am   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:

I'm going to put it simple, even more simple and blunt than I put it before: I'm just going to gear my focus toward fun. This is a wonderful, wonderful community, but it's supposed to be a relaxing and entertaining realm. We do bicker, we do squabble, and we do throw mud at each other. But, I'd like to kick that to the curb. All I want to establish is a simple line of tolerance that all members can agree upon, is completely unarguable, and spend my time as your president focused on the sole purpose of entertaining you.

I think that is a fantastic view. I think it's very unfortunate you will not likely win.
The Black Citadel    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:02 am   Reply with quote

Meh, I might as well give it the old college try, old bean. ^^
Temple of I    
Yoshio
Yoshio

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:09 am   Reply with quote

If me and Megamaw can't win than I hope this guy wins

he has the right idea of what this site should be: laid back and FUN. Remember fun? What we are supposed to get out of spending our free time on an internet forum?

also he puts country first
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Dark Lord Eternal
Dragus

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:18 am   Reply with quote

To be honest, this entire thing looks to just be a fun activity hosted in light of the election going on in real life. I really wouldn’t mind who won this activity. I will likely not vote at all, seeing as I now really like far more than one candidate. I wish you and everyone else good luck.
The Black Citadel    
Yoshio
Yoshio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:21 am   Reply with quote

even if this isn't serious I would still rather not have someone I don't like win this thing

I'll vote and I'll vote according to the direction I want this forum to go just in case this is indeed serious
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:43 pm   Reply with quote

In what way have you been a victim of the system ? You, Mr. I, are / were part of it, aren't you ? One of the about eight individuals who hold more power then the common member. So why do you think you require extra power ?
Why do you think that "we" - who is this we anyway ? RPOT ? OT ? - should vote for you, or are being repressed ?

I can agree on the growth of the community, but what are your plans ? And if you see anarchy and corruption left and right, why didn't you fix it whilst you were in power, or pulled the strings you assembled during that time to do something ?

Explain, please.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Yoshio
Yoshio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:59 pm   Reply with quote

1. Mr. I thought he didn't deserve to be mod and thus was reluctant to use his powers

2. he isn't mod anymore so you can't say he's a member of a group of people who are somehow above other members
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:49 pm   Reply with quote

I do think I did use the past tense and say he WAS a mod; did I forget to correct ? Even so, as an Ex-Mod, he's have the cred and connections, and he'd also be believeable - so he'd be amongst those Francis would listen to.

Zelnor wrote:

I can agree on the growth of the community, but what are your plans ? And if you see anarchy and corruption left and right, why didn't you fix it whilst you were in power, or pulled the strings you assembled during that time to do something ?

Definitely past tense.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections