digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Q1: Role of President

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:37 pm   Reply with quote

What do you think is the President's responsibility?
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Flavio Twitch Boobs
Super Hario

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:44 pm   Reply with quote

Summed up in my ideas, the president's responsibility is to address community issues to the admin and moderators, being a voice of the people. The president would have to listen to the community, each and every member, and address key issues that need to be solved or fixed. The president is also someone who would, hopefully, be able to speak for the community's will, as in being able to suggest community ideas to the admin, such as plots and parties, as well as possible features that would make the site more interesting. Basically, the president would persuade Francis as the voice of the community for issues and ideas alike.
The Little Shop of Hario    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:59 pm   Reply with quote

I believe the job of a president isn't to do what he or she wants to do. I believe that he or she's job is to act as a representative of the people. They shouldn't have their own ideas to run the place put so much into their job. Their main priority is to get the ideas of the members across to the big green lizard.

Their views on certain ideas should be unbiased. They should not change the original idea in anyway unless asked to do so by the requester. They are there to provide a way to get to Francis, and should not have their ideas edited to the President's opinions.

Say if an idea is not fully developed, just a random thought. The president could provide some support and feedback to help the idea along before posted in the Feedback section or sent to Francis.

The president should also be able to help Francis with the site. One guy is all that we have to run this thing. If he can put some of those minor responsibilities on someone else, it could take loads off of him. Perhaps the President should help run the podcast? The President should be able to address some of the issues going on in the forum. They are there to help Francis.

The president should have open ears and a loud voice. They need to be active, and be on at least once a day. No one likes their ideas taking longer than it needs to be to get through. That defies the point of a president.

Finally, the President should be serious. This is not a job. It's not a fun job either. You're giving your time to do something for others, not to show off and say "OMG!!11! L1k3 L00k @ M3!!11!" If you're not going to put your time into it, don't run. If your not serious about it, don't run. This is not a joke. Some parts of this job are not gonna be pretty. You will probably get your reputation teared apart at some times, but your gonna have to deal with it.

Anyway, those are my views, whether or not I fit them.

EDIT: Good job to you too Mister I. Way to keep it short and meaningful.

Last edited by Paper Peach on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Paper Peach's Shop    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:00 pm   Reply with quote

The president is a simple position; it is a position that carries the responsibility of the entire forum. The president is a reflection of the members and the forum itself to Francis. The president is the desires, wishes, dreams, and complaints of the forum compiled into a single member. The president is also a creative activist, and the first voice to fall upon Francis's ears. It is the spokesperson of digibutter, in a sentence, and one who will help contribute to it in all possible areas to make it a better place.

And, Baby Daisy and Paper Peach, well done, well done. That's...really all I can say...well done again. ^^

EDIT: That really means a lot, Paper Peach. Thank you.

Last edited by Almaz on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Temple of I    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:16 pm   Reply with quote

The president would do his job such as finding the major key issues that the community wants fixed, and to promote those issues to the admin in order to have those issues fixed. Basically, he is a "political figurehead that wields no real power. He is to draw attentions away from the main power"*, thus lessening the stress the main power(admin) has to deal with. The main power will be able to complete tasks much faster and more orderly, than if they were given directly to him by concerned citizens.

To make a long story short, the president would collect suggestions/issues posted by the citizens, then the president would take those directly to Francis in a neat order. He represents the step in between the Admin, and the populace, and is there to help get things known and done.

*Slightly modified quote from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Die4Less Corp.    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:34 pm   Reply with quote

I'm not sure if what I think has already been said by those I'm up against. Though I actually agree with the three who have answered this question before me. For a president is indeed described as what Baby Daisy, Paper Peach, and Mister I have all described the president's responsibilities as, and if no one minds I will say what my many personalities, my heart, my mind, and my soul have to say.

From what I see the responsibilities of a president is to the tape, glue, or any other substance and items that holds things together, and the president is what keeps the people, and their ideas wither it is good, or bad connected to the admin. The president is in some cases a negotiator with many things to do for he/she must know what the people want or need. He/she must talk to, and listen to all members to gain their trust, support, and the ideas they have. For without the ideas, support and trust of the people no matter who they may be, without the people the president is without motivation, and is unable to do his job.

I may not talk much most of the time but when I need to say what I think I will both say and explain things.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:28 am   Reply with quote

I see the president as one who is dedicated to listening to the members of this forum, and developing a plan of action. His or her own ideas are secondary compared to the will of the people.

But perhaps a president who does nothing of his own is also unsuitable - try as they might, the peoples' desires cannot encompass all of the faults of the site in an effective manner. Smilarly, a president with no ideas of his own is just a human reincarnation of the feedback forum.

In short, I believe that the president should put the view of the members before his own, but should be ready to act if the need arises.
Gold Prognosticus' Golden Shop    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:10 am   Reply with quote

I believe the job of the president is to act as a sentient feedback forum that gives it's own ideas, to be blunt.
I'm not saying that they're by any means to replace feedback, but they can give their own view on what makes the site better aswell as others.

They come as close as they can to being the voice of the members as a whole.
I know it's not the best voicing on the matter, but I try not to make a large deal of these things sometimes.
Gemstone Goods    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:19 pm   Reply with quote

Spiny wrote:
I believe the job of the president is to act as a sentient feedback forum that gives it's own ideas, to be blunt.
I'm not saying that they're by any means to replace feedback, but they can give their own view on what makes the site better aswell as others.

Spiny puts up a good point here. The President won't exactly be a feedback forum. Ideas sent to the president should be more of a full-fledged idea, or close to it anyway. But if the individual would like feedback from the president, that works too. The president can help push things along and can give his or her own feedback as long as it doesn't interfere with the original idea, and if the additions are accepted by the member who submitted it.

Basically the idea or suggestion should be in no way altered by the president in ways that the member who submitted does not want.
Paper Peach's Shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:32 pm   Reply with quote

I believe that what the president is mean to do is tell Francis what the people want to see happen to Digi. If I'm elected president, I will make sure that no matter what my opinion is on the matter, I will tell Francis the exact numbers that the polls received, and the numbers of votes that each option got. If there are any strong backups or reasons to not let the thing happen, I will copy and paste them into the PM I send to Francis.
Milton Games    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections