digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Q4: HELLLP!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:57 pm   Reply with quote

It is often not important who the President is, but rather who he/she surrounds him/herself with. Leading a large group of people is really hard to do alone.

Will you delegate tasks to other members? If so, how?
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:44 pm   Reply with quote

It would help us in communicating the issues, so we can transfer them to you. I will probably decide on staff if I'm elected, as I am unsure as to who I should dedicate to tasks at the moment....

Certain areas will be covered by staff, but I will decide all of this when I am president.
Die4Less Corp.    
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:25 am   Reply with quote

I believe that the president will not know the full details of what the members ask of him until his elected. Therefore, it is hard to know what staff positions will be required.

I am not so stupid that I will always try to carry the whole burden myself - when the need arises I shall willingly share my power with others. As for who I shall give authority to, I shall only give power to those who are trusted by the site to wield it.
Gold Prognosticus' Golden Shop    
Flavio Twitch Boobs
Super Hario

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:46 am   Reply with quote

In my opinion, unless given special powers outside that of an ordinary member, "staff positions" are utterly useless. If elected, I would only have a Vice President (Ocelot), and perhaps a backup Vice to fall back on in case neither I or Ocelot are active that day.
The Little Shop of Hario    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:03 am   Reply with quote

Considering that the President is a glorified member, but with a voice, I don't really see a point to having any kind of staff. I mean, yeah, I'll probably ask someone who lives in a different time zone to cover while I'm away (though I am still on in digibutter's best hours) and group together any comments, questions, or concerns. But really, this site isn't huge, the president won't have a government, there's definitely going to be no checks & balances. No, this is a simple oligarchy, with Francis as its head and the prez/mods as the people rich enough to get things to him and have a voice.

Yeah, I'll probably have bad days, but other than one, maybe two alternates, I don't see any reason for there to be any kind of little cabinet.

And...this isn't exactly a large group of people, Francis. One person CAN speak for more than thirty. >_>
Temple of I    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:12 am   Reply with quote

I would try to get an actual staff going.

We already have Frozen on the Your Creations contests, and I would suggest individual segment mods, who would watch over a certain group of forums on top of the normal site wide mods.

I would also try to instate afew Emcees for Star Carnival as a last ditch effort to save it.
Gemstone Goods    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:28 pm   Reply with quote

I think the only actual office that needs to be chosen are a vice president that backs up the president when he or she cannot get on. Because I have not chosen one at the time of my campaign, I will probably have a vote for whether you think my chosen vice is sufficient or not.

I don't see any other need for office members. Site issues will be submitted by the users, so they are the office in a way....
Paper Peach's Shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:36 pm   Reply with quote

I would pick 2 Senators, who would do my job if

1) I leave Digi
2) I'm busy with something so I can't go on DIgi for a while
3) The people want me out of office.

I would make sure the people are people members like and trust.
Milton Games    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:04 pm   Reply with quote

Digibutter is a unique and dynamic community; therefore, a "cabinet" of members assigned to special tasks would certainly better the site. We all know that I have chosen Goomba as my "Vice President," but I have plans for other members, as well. I will assign certain members to become leaders of certain site events or competitions. I will stress the addition of more "front page" information. For instance, one of the things I would like to convince Francis to implement when I hopefully become President would be a "DNT," or Digibutter News Team, to report all of the interesting things going on in the world of gaming or popular media. I will pick the initial News Team members (Based on how well and accurately they have provided information in the past, and based on their willingness to participate), and they can assign new members, over time.

I would also like to reward members for contributing quality reviews of games or movies to the site; I will push for the addition of special titles for members who write quality reviews. Plus, I will push Francis to create a reviews "archive," which will be linked to on the front page. On a related subject, I will also assign members to write weekly or monthly columns to be posted on the front page.

Among other positions that I plan to implement is a YC Leader, to point out quality creations (Even more than the current weekly contest), and an Expert Economist (Who would help me gather information on the economy and item/shop suggestions). I also plan to strengthen the job of the "Historian," and turn the job from an informal title to a true site position. The Historian would archive all of the greatest threads, and, hopefully, have the power to add members who are currently banned/jailed to the official list in Feedback.

These are some of the examples of new positions that I will attempt to create under my Presidency. As I said before, we need a true Site Staff, and I will do all in my power to make that become a reality.
The Highwind Goods Store    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections