digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

What I hope to achieve as President...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:36 am   Reply with quote

Before I begin, I would like to point out that I have nothing against you or your campaign.

My question is, how have you gained the support of the members? Your list of promises seems almost the same as every other candidate, and yet many members have supported you above the others. It feels as if the fact that you are a mod/well-known member is a factor here.

Once again, I would like to state that I have no argument with you, I simply want to understand the situation.
Gold Prognosticus' Golden Shop    
Flavio Twitch Boobs
Super Hario

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:55 am   Reply with quote

I myself do not try and go for change in my campaign; rather, community-oriented improvement. You know, listening to the members and seeing what they want, striving for ideas that I think most members would really love. And unfortunately, if I posted the real reason why I believe you have so much support at this point, there's a small possibility I would get striked for posting it. I'd gladly PM you it, though.
The Little Shop of Hario    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:53 pm   Reply with quote

Gold Prognosticus wrote:
Before I begin, I would like to point out that I have nothing against you or your campaign.

My question is, how have you gained the support of the members? Your list of promises seems almost the same as every other candidate, and yet many members have supported you above the others. It feels as if the fact that you are a mod/well-known member is a factor here.

Once again, I would like to state that I have no argument with you, I simply want to understand the situation.

First of all, my list of promises are not the same as ever other candidate, as evidenced in my debate with Baby Daisy. I stand for progressive change, whereas most of the other candidates hold a more conservative view; alot of them want the site to remain the same, while only attempting to fix the problems at hand.

As for the fact that I am a mod/well-known member, well, that certainly may play a part in it. That's politics for you. Besides that, though, I believe my stance on where to take this site is a good one, and that the members of the site who support me see that this site does need improvement, and are thinking outside of the box on ways as to how to improve the site.

Quote:
I myself do not try and go for change in my campaign; rather, community-oriented improvement. You know, listening to the members and seeing what they want, striving for ideas that I think most members would really love.

What good is community-oriented improvement if you don't innovate along the way? As I've been saying all along, if you don't change the site along the way while only focusing on the problems at hand, no progress will ever happen.

What you're attempting to do is say that I don't care about the community's problems, which is false. I do care about the community, but I believe that, as we fix the problems with the community, we must also improve the site. We cannot allow problems to halt the evolution of the site, which is something more candidates need to undestand. A President must certainly listen to the opinions and voice of the people, and take that into account, true. However, if that was the only source of the President's innovation, things wouldn't get accomplished, as there are many conflicting views the President must hear. It is up to the President to decide which views are right or not, as well as contribute new ideas that he believes are good for the site, as well.

Quote:
And unfortunately, if I posted the real reason why I believe you have so much support at this point, there's a small possibility I would get striked for posting it. I'd gladly PM you it, though.

Go ahead and post it.
The Highwind Goods Store    
kwobsunit24
Weegee
Werewolf

HP: 65 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:16 pm   Reply with quote

I have a few questions to ask, the questions aren't ageinst you and your campaign:
1. Are you going to get rid of the Court forum due to the mods striking constantly and for stupid reasons?

2. Is the Gaming News Archive any different from Gaming New and Reviews? I asked you this because when you explained the Gaming News Archive, it sounded way too similar to Gaming News and Reviews.

3. Are you gonna get rid of the pointless underwhere and the weapons?
Weegee's shop of useful junk    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:35 pm   Reply with quote

Dark Toon Link wrote:
[b]
1. Are you going to get rid of the Court forum due to the mods striking constantly and for stupid reasons?

I will strive to replace the "court" system with a system that actually works, such as a revised strike system or point system. Mods would still have the ability to anonymously strike and council members, or they could reveal themselves. Francis would have the ability to check which mods made which decisions, however, and if a mod makes too many pointless strikes, that mod would be put on probation.

Quote:
Is the Gaming News Archive any different from Gaming New and Reviews? I asked you this because when you explained the Gaming News Archive, it sounded way too similar to Gaming News and Reviews.

The Gaming News Archive would replace Gaming News and Reviews, as it would be a more formal and organized source of information. Minor information that isn't deep enough to make it to the front page or the News Team or Archives would be posted in the Gaming board.

Quote:
3. Are you gonna get rid of the pointless underwhere and the weapons?

I don't support the removal of the Underwhere or the battle system; rather, I believe it needs to be revised. Currently, there isn't much motivation or variety when it comes to item usage or the Underwhere; therefore, I plan to create new item types, and a "ranking system" and "achievement system" to help bring the fun back to fighting eachother.

Say, you killed the most members out of anyone on the site. If I get Francis to implement this idea, you would show up on a rank of top-ten killers.

Now, of course, I believe member should have the right not to participate. Therefore, I support an "MvM" flagging system, where one can flag himself for "Member vs. Member" combat, or can take his flag down, being unable to harm or be harmed. The flag will be automatically reset to its default of "on" after 3 days.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:33 pm   Reply with quote

((Bump, for the purpose of a final, pre-election day message.))

Alright guys, it's about time. It has been a fun race, and the voting draws near. Thank you for all the support, and if I win, I promise you- I will do all in my power to aid the community, take heed of what the members have to say, and take digibutter to new heights.

Cid Highwind '08- This train ain't stoppin.' Let's make the ride great.
The Highwind Goods Store    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections