digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Disney Channel

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:45 pm   Reply with quote

Why can't they just shut the *crag* up and die, already? They suck, and there's no arguing it. PIXAR is good, but the channel sucks. I mean, MAYBE they could get better with actors who can... y'know... ACT, but they don't, so they aren't.

...They'd also need writers who actually know comedy.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Nintendo Zealot
Warlord_Mike

HP: 99 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:48 am   Reply with quote

This is actually true of most of the channels I grew up with, actually. It isn't just Disney - Nick used to be awesome, but then they started focusing too much on the live-action stuff (same with Disney). Don't get me wrong, though - not ALL live action was bad (Case in point - Pete and Pete, the earlier part of All That), but these days, it's more or less "meh."

It seems like Cartoon Network's taking a similar approach, but the toons on it are mediocre at best, and absolutely terrible at worst. There ARE exceptions, mind you, but it seems like we've passed the age when those channels were worth watching.

Anyone remember shows like Rocko, Pete and Pete, Animaniacs, and the like?

Man, those were the days...

Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:26 pm   Reply with quote

You know some people have bad taste in food, some in woman, and some in television shows, but then theres those people who just have terrible taste in everything and watch Disney Channel.

Now from what many of us can gather Disney is a multi-media industry who has mastered the art of appealing to those who have no taste, no direction, biblehumpers, and conformists who don't know what to conform too...with this kept in mind they are able to get these people to watch anything they put on there channel as long as it's child oriented and doesn't offend other races. They have absolutely no reason to try and improve there quality as long as theres people watching there shit.

The problem with Disney is not the people who make the shows and hire the actors and all of that crap, but the dumb cunts who watch there line up. The same thing applies to Cartoon Network, all T.V channels have to do is appeal to a major group of people, make something mediocre just enough to satisfy them at the lowest budget, ???, profit. And I think the big media pen-pushers have realized this and thats why entertainment is at an all time low. The only way T.V quality is going to improve is if the overall generation becomes more intelligent and clever, intill then the only good thing on T.V is the History Channel.
Some store that sells shit    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:10 pm   Reply with quote

I agree. But also, it's not just the people watching, the smallest thing they could do to improve they're already undeserved ratings higher is just to hire actors that can actually act. Like, even a few years ago, the bad actors rose to popularity by actually getting on the show, and THEN the channel milked their popularity. These days, Disney is just forcing their actors' popularity. Like Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and whoever the hell that blonde bitch is from Sonny With a Chance. No one likes those people, and Disney Channel trying to make them popular makes more people hate them.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
ChaosStar
Super Scourge
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:06 pm   Reply with quote

Agreed. The only reason for me watching channels for children is for the anime. But of course the amount of anime is extremely low. Upon that, Norwegian dubs lacks personality.

I wish I had ZTV. Sad I have "Canal Digital" subscribement.

But yeah, Disney channel's shows suck unless it's about the classic chars from Disney.

Eh, wot
Super Slim
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:20 pm   Reply with quote

Super Scourge wrote:
Agreed. The only reason for me watching channels for children is for the anime. But of course the amount of anime is extremely low. Upon that, Norwegian dubs lacks personality.

I wish I had ZTV. Sad I have "Canal Digital" subscribement.

But yeah, Disney channel's shows suck unless it's about the classic chars from Disney.

And another necropost.
Toad Town Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media