digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

MeowMixer : Piracy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Court Backup

Guilty or Not?
Guilty
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not Guilty
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

Meow Mod
Frozen

HP: 0 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:51 am   Reply with quote

Defendant: MeowMixer
Evidence: http://digibutter.nerr.biz/viewtopic.php?p=1529099#1529099
Reason: Piracy

wat
MeowMixer
Vampire

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:51 am   Reply with quote

NO U
SHOP OF DIMENTIONS    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:55 am   Reply with quote

Although my vote may not count I still say guilty.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
wat
MeowMixer
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:00 am   Reply with quote

I wish to argue the purpose of this rule. I don't see what's wrong with just saying you're going to do something unlawful.
SHOP OF DIMENTIONS    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:15 am   Reply with quote

When the hell was saying your going to pirate something was against the rules? It's not like he posted a link to the rom or anything, faulty strike is faulty.
Some store that sells shit    
Look! A distraction!
Lucario64
Vampire

HP: 93 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:05 am   Reply with quote

I don't think this is really piracy. Saying you're going to pirate a game and actually pirating the game are two different things. So MeowMixer hasn't done anything wrong as far as I'm concerned. My vote probably won't count, but I say not guilty.

Carpaccio
Super BLU Spy

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:59 pm   Reply with quote

Oh, how some systems are flawed!

Let's get straight to my biggest gripe: Ill definitions. How I loathe them so. (I constantly argue for the universal definition of a month, or at least putting the definition of a month in a disclaimer...)
What are we trying him for, piracy? Now let's get some clarity around here... MeowMixer stated that he should go download the game. He didn't say where, he didn't say how, he didn't say whether or not there was a copy out on the internet. All he said was that he should download it.
In the off chance that the above block of text was bypassed by argument or ignoration, let's also take note of the fact that he also said he was too lazy. MeowMixer stated a few posts ago:
MeowMixer wrote:
NO U

Wait, wrong quote. Here we go:
MeowMixer wrote:
I wish to argue the purpose of this rule. I don't see what's wrong with just saying you're going to do something unlawful.
This person speaks rightly. Let's take an argument against that: intent. There should be appropriate punishment, and he only implied that he would be willing pirate it. If he outright stated that he was downloading it, then that would be reason for great punishment. Yet, he didn't. He stated that he was too lazy to download Punch-Out!!. This is not an offense worthy of Court time.
How did ill definitions fit into this? Someone had an ill definition of 'piracy' and decided that MeowMixer was a pirate. Hell, the aforementioned someone couldn't tell the difference between intent and action, most likely.
I find him not guilty, and even if he is found guilty, define for me, define for us all the punishment that would be appropriate.
Sigil Securities    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:21 pm   Reply with quote

Might as well strike someone for smoking pot.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Shadoo Omega
Super Shadoo™

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:46 pm   Reply with quote

My Grambi... Not Guilty. He did absolutely nothing. Is someone just reporting everyone for the lulz or something now!? This system is failing more then my organs...

I can't even think of a good argument as to why he's not guilty! It's... It's, just common sense! I'd really love to know who reported this.
Shadoo's Badge Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:54 pm   Reply with quote

Not guilty. Just saying "I might download something" isn't exactly promoting piracy. Neutral
Tamriellic Titles    
wat
MeowMixer
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:58 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Not guilty. Just saying "I might download something" isn't exactly promoting piracy. Neutral

I don't see what's wrong with promoting it either. You don't see people getting arrested over writing songs about how it's fun to r@pe women.
SHOP OF DIMENTIONS    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:15 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
Might as well strike someone for smoking pot.
I last remember that actually being a punishable action.
Gemstone Goods    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:51 pm   Reply with quote

Suika Ibuki wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Not guilty. Just saying "I might download something" isn't exactly promoting piracy. :|

I don't see what's wrong with promoting it either. You don't see people getting arrested over writing songs about how it's fun to r@pe women.
Yes you do.

But not guilty anyway. ):
The Carmadox Party    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:11 am   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Suika Ibuki wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Not guilty. Just saying "I might download something" isn't exactly promoting piracy. :|

Yes you do.

But not guilty anyway. ):

there's a shit load of songs about raping women and no one has gotten jailed for it.
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
Shyguy

HP: 10 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:21 pm   Reply with quote

*crag* christ, we all *crag* do the shit and we all *crag* know it. remove this shit it's a useless *crag* rule. You just want our coins you *crag* jew.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Court Backup