digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

King K. Rool's exclusion.
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Krazy Monkey

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:15 pm   Reply with quote

Honestly, I didn't think it was too big of a deal when he was excluded from Melee, since I figured they'd probably add him into the next installment, but then they didn't.

jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:17 pm   Reply with quote

Krazy Monkey wrote:
they made SO many blatant references to the Kremling king; Whether it's his own trophy, Wrinkly's trophy, the Gangplank Galleon theme song, his name appearing in the random name selection, having BOWSER steal Donkey Kong's banana hoard in the Subspace Emissary, etc. As far as I can tell, there's pretty much no excuse whatsoever as to why he wasn't in it.

those references aren't even big ones, save for the trophy, and its only one.
If anything, I say its fine K Rool is not in. DK series is represented into the game just right. Its not over represented (mario) or under represented either (Metroidlol)
Baby Shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:50 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Krazy Monkey wrote:
they made SO many blatant references to the Kremling king; Whether it's his own trophy, Wrinkly's trophy, the Gangplank Galleon theme song, his name appearing in the random name selection, having BOWSER steal Donkey Kong's banana hoard in the Subspace Emissary, etc. As far as I can tell, there's pretty much no excuse whatsoever as to why he wasn't in it.

those references aren't even big ones, save for the trophy, and its only one.
If anything, I say its fine K Rool is not in. DK series is represented into the game just right. Its not over represented (mario) or under represented either (Metroidlol)
Mario isn't over-represented. If it's not represented just right, then it's under-represented. 4 is the amount Zelda and Pokémon have, which is perfect for those ones, but Mario is Nintendo's flagship series, not to mention it has over 200 games. 4 characters is not over-representation.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:21 pm   Reply with quote

Shrowser wrote:
Spiny, what the *crag* are you talking about?
Nobody wanted Animal Crossing characters... :?

No one you've seen, atleast.
Half the Brawl speculation videos i've seen have atleast one comment full on suppourting an Animal Crossing character making it.
Gemstone Goods    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:02 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Mario isn't over-represented.

Lets see...
6 characters...billions of trophy, shit load of songs, and 6 stages...
compared to 2 Metroid stages, 1 character, and a few good songs, yup Mario is definitely under represented. (sarcasm)
Baby Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:13 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:

Lets see...
6 characters...billions of trophy, shit load of songs, and 6 stages...
compared to 2 Metroid stages, 1 character, and a few good songs, yup Mario is definitely under represented. (sarcasm)

Technically though, Yoshi and Wario represent their own series. They may have gotten their starts in Mario games, but they're seldom seen in the non-sports Mario games anymore.
Tamriellic Titles    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:13 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:

Lets see...
6 characters... Four. Yoshi and Wario don't count as Mario characters. They count for Yoshi and WarioWare.

billions of trophyAnd about a third of those are from Yoshi and Wario games,

shit load of songs Again, lots of those are from Yoshi and Wario games.

and 6 stages...Only Delfino Plaza, Mario Bros., and Mushroomy Kingdom count for Mario stages. Luigi's Mansion stands for Luigi's Mansion. Mario Circuit is for Mario Kart, and then there's Rainbow Cruise. While it IS from a Mario game, in the eyes of Sora Ltd., it counts as a stage to represent Melee.

compared to 2 Metroid stages, 1 character, and a few good songs Metroid does not have over 200 games, and it's not Nintendo's flagship, and it's not the world's most commonly known game. Almost everyone on Earth knows who Mario is. Ask 10 people in New York, chances are that 1 MAYBE 2 or 3 know who Samus is.

yup Mario is definitely under represented. I never said Mario WAS under-represented, I said that it's represented perfectly. I said that IF ANYTHING OTHER THAN PERFECT, it's under-represented.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Chief Sits On Ass
Rocky.

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:50 pm   Reply with quote

I know it sucks, King K. Rool wasn't in it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl