digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Psychics, ESP, and telekinesis. Fact or fiction?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:14 pm   Reply with quote

There are lots of different paranormal abilities that are considered to be "pyschic", but there are so many that they range from being somewhat believable to ludicrous.

What do you guys think about it? Do you think that some individual "skills" are real while the rest are bogus, or are they all just hoopla?

Also, this.

In brief, Psychics: bullshit or srz business?

Discuss.
Pipe Land Goods    
Shadoo Omega
Super Shadoo™

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:21 pm   Reply with quote

I say bull. Mainly because half are fakes and half who do have are all "OOOH I R CYKIK I TLK 4 UR DED BOIFRIEND NAO!!1" so I just ignore it.
Shadoo's Badge Shop    
Oh fuck.
Flar3 Luigi
Vampire

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:22 pm   Reply with quote

It's really borh bull and real. You have to use your imagination, but other people have strong minds and blah blah blah, me and ph1r3 are studying Pyrokenises. I know I sound crazy shut up.
Flar3's antiques of Ph1r3.    
wat u say
Ph1r3 Mario

HP: 90 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:24 am   Reply with quote

I'm sure that I have precognitive dreaming, although I can't remember them until the time it actually happens.

Which sucks because I had a vision where some kid took a DS game of mine and I remembered it right there.

also yes we are trying to do pyrokinesis because fire is fun

or should i say Ph1r3, dohohohoho
Ph1r3 Market    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:12 am   Reply with quote

I say telekinesis is bull. I think ESP is real, and tha psychics aren't fake, just exaggerated.

I would know because when I was younger, I'd often have a VERY quick dream of something, from my perspective. Then I'd forget about it, and then a few days later, the exact same thing would happen, exactly the same as I had dreamed it a few days before. As I've gotten older it's been happening less often. But since it's like little 1-second dreams, they're always something really unimportant, like sliding a pen down a table to someone, or drinking a bottle of water. They were really basic things like that, so they're never really worth mentioning, except to shine some light on things like this.

I know two other people who claim that the same stuff happens to them. One of them lied all the time, but the other one is usually pretty honest.

But yeah, that's why I don't think psychics are bull.
Milton Games    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:37 pm   Reply with quote

I think all the magical stuff "Talking to the dead, floating in mid-air" is all bullshit. The little things that improve concentration and inner peace are just willpower to be what you want. The ESP thing and paranormal abilities have to many holes in them to be taken seriously among society.
Some store that sells shit    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:40 pm   Reply with quote

I don't know whether to believe in telekinesis or not.
I've heard about some group of monks that can do all that wild shit and start fires with their minds.
Shrowser's Shop    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:09 pm   Reply with quote

Utter nonsense. I have excellent foresight, but I don't go around saying I CAN SEE INTO THE FUTURE. ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
Cudge123
Cherrim

HP: 50 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:15 pm   Reply with quote

Well, yoga masters can stop their heart using their mind.
Relationships    
Shadoo Omega
Super Shadoo™

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:28 pm   Reply with quote

Cherrim wrote:
Well, yoga masters can stop their heart using their mind.

That's dumb. I can do that with some pills.

Or become a 50 year old celebrity.
Shadoo's Badge Shop    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:54 am   Reply with quote

Myself, I have a particularly uncaring opinion about the matter. Even if I fail to establish a logic behind it. Basically, I think anything that is logically possible might be real. For example, Empathy, the ability to feel other people's emotions. There's more than one way to send an emotion, and one of them never lies: Body Language, of course. So I think Empathy is possible.
Wario Land Shop!    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:29 pm   Reply with quote

Ph1r3 Mario wrote:
I'm sure that I have precognitive dreaming, although I can't remember them until the time it actually happens.

Which sucks because I had a vision where some kid took a DS game of mine and I remembered it right there.

also yes we are trying to do pyrokinesis because fire is fun

or should i say Ph1r3, dohohohoho
aka i dremt i took a shit than i did in real life imma supa hero.

I had a dream where you could fly around holding pillows to your chest.
That never happened. But you know what, I'm a dreamer. One day, I will fly using pillows.

But yeah, all of this is bullshit. I mean, if oyu noticed you had a bad feeling about things when something bad is about to happen, you'd think you had ESPN. But if you started writing down every time you had a bad feeling, SOMETIMES shit would happen. And knowing your life, shit has a good chance of happening.

However, you remember the moments when you had a bad feeling and 30 minuets later your grandmothers colon exploded, killing 4.
You don't remember the time you had a bad feeling, and you had Hamburger Helper for dinner. Oh the humanity!

back to the dream telling the future bull shit. Say the odds are a million to one that when a person has a dream of an airplane crash, there is an airplane crash the next day. With 6 billion people having an average of 250 dream themes each per night, there should be about 1.5 million people a day who have dreams that seem clairvoyant.

Wheres your telepathic god now?
TWEWY Pins    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion