digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

New Digibutter Bitlands Background

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:18 am   Reply with quote

So when getting involved with the background once more, I really start to take note of the quality of the background. Nothing is consistent, blocks are never constant, and it all blends in. So, I thought I could perhaps improve on making the banner better?

This is the exact same setup of the current banner. Every cloud is where it was. Every bush is exactly where it was in the original picture, with the same base colors. Everything is where it was on the original picture, save for better quality and the extended top to make up for uneven block sizes. They are now the same vertical height, and the new banner is only slightly different horizontal.

Each one was made with the same block template, changed around a bit. Sort of a palette swap each time. Each block contains two to three colors. And since they're uniform in shape and design, save for the few that have only two colors, they can be used in a template, if anything else ever did come up. This was pretty time-consuming, to keep up with the exact locations of the original banner, not to mention the sheer amount of blocks contained in this.

Since the current banner is pretty muddled up, and this is just a higher quality version of the current banner, I thought it would be nice to have this thing take up the torch as the background. It's not needed, but it could be done. One of the main reasons was to make up for the Digibeta background grass, which was pretty poorly edited. I thought that making this would be able to improve on it, and it seems to work.

So, yeah. Any thoughts on this?

[Digibeta background version]
Shaded / Solid

[Digibutter PNG Background version]
Shaded / Solid

[Digibutter GIF Background version (Unanimated)]
Shaded / Solid

(My animator somewhat butchers colors. I'd need to fix that in a new version if GIF would be to be used.)

Edit: The GIF version also has an error with the bordering pixels on the right side, so making it repeat would cause a small error. The Digibeta background and the PNG background do not this error, so those two are perfect to repeat across a background. Since the GIF version is already messed up, I don't see why to rectify this mistake right now. It takes long enough a time already.

Edit: Now alternate versions of the background! Solid colors are now done.

Last edited by Vid Inferno on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anti-Francis Mart    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:07 am   Reply with quote

Oh yeah, it's awesome.
Hell    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations