digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Refining of Disguise Kit...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:00 pm   Reply with quote

...It was obvious from the first time I logged on and saw the disguise kit, it's much to exploitable, especially when used in contrast to newcomers...

...So, if anyone has any ideas how to modify the Kit itself as to make it a better design, said ideas are welcome here...

1.)Disguise Kits can only be used in Off-Topic and RPOT
2.)Disguise Kits can only be used on users with <150 posts OR a member who is actively away from the board and has been for atleast 3 month...
~White Shy Guy

Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:44 pm   Reply with quote

Anti-Guy wrote:
2.)Disguise Kits can only be used on users with <150 posts OR a member who is actively away from the board and has been for atleast 3 month...

wait wait wait

wait

Why?

So basically, you suggest that we can only use it on inactive users and new people.

Why is impersonating them any better than impersonating regular people? Isn't a giant flood of people impersonating inactive people like, say, Tsuki*, just as bad as impersonating somebody like you or me?

Not to mention that Digi practically holds a record when it comes to most new users scared off. If inactive members we still hold grudges against and noobs who most people hate are the only members we can impersonate, won't that make the entire situation way worse?

Come on. I know Digibutter is really immature sometimes, but limiting our options to only being some of our favorite targets isn't going to help anything. Whoop-dee-doo, somebody gets to impersonate somebody like me now and actually fool a few people in the process. Of course somebody's going to use it to impersonate me and say "I'M A RICH BASTARD LOL", but that's not worse than them just coming right out and saying to my face "YOU'RE A RICH BASTARD". Heck, I'm not even offended by the first one, but I am offended by the second. Because, you know, I'm pretty sure I've called myself a rich bastard or some variant at one point in time or other, I do say "lol" and such, and I do occasionally pull out UNEXPECTED CAPS LOCK. Plus, it's obvious that said person isn't being serious. On the other hand, if somebody flat-out says "YOU'RE A RICH BASTARD" to me, that's, you know, an insult. That came out of nowhere with no hint of sarcasm.

*Who may or may not be active. I dunno, I'm bad at this "knowing about everybody" stuff.
Ultimario Mart!    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm   Reply with quote

...Sorry, I mean't >150 posts, meaning people who are used to the system of digi..

...Typo error ftl...

...I'm just saying, look at how they're harassing this Francis the Lizard (that is, if there really is an actual "Francis the lizard" under the heaping pile of disguise kit uses), it's not like he made a absolute fool of himself like yoshiface or lucasx3, yet Digi as a community marauded him...

...Clarification, yes?...

~White Shy Guy

around the yoshi stone

HP: 10 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:38 pm   Reply with quote

i see what you mean
balrog's suitcase of stuff    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:50 pm   Reply with quote

No to all of your suggestions.

~White Shy Guy
Toad House    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:07 pm   Reply with quote

I do think that these suggestions, especially the first one, sounds pretty good. 'Cuz, you know, no one on Digi is gonna stop everyone from goin' "lolo i r duma$sz", 'cept Francis, but he doesn't even do that.

So yeah, supprots.
Shop of Stev-0    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:36 am   Reply with quote

Anti-Guy wrote:
No to all of your suggestions.

~White Shy Guy
...Failed imitation failed...

...But as you can see, if someone made a fairly usual looking post, but used their own opinion, in a serious topic like in GD or Feedback, conflicts could occur...
~White Shy Guy

Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:29 pm   Reply with quote

Anti-Guy wrote:
...But as you can see, if someone made a fairly usual looking post, but used their own opinion, in a serious topic like in GD or Feedback, conflicts could occur...
~White Shy Guy[/color][/spoiler]
Yeah, I think it should only be allowed in RPOT and OT.
Milton Games    
Eh, wot
Super Slim
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:28 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuber wrote:
Anti-Guy wrote:

Nobody ever uses RPOT.
Toad Town Shop    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:46 pm   Reply with quote

I made the disguise kit to be exploitable. You kids always fine a way to exploit the system anyways so why should I fix this?
Some store that sells shit    
That would be your mother
Dino Piranha

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:53 pm   Reply with quote

I like the second, but the first hasn't much point to me, while both are good ideas, I think the second should be the only one that should be considered to be made, but of course that's just me, I can see how that might make it better.

Last edited by Dino Piranha on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:17 pm   Reply with quote

Slim wrote:
Fat Tuber wrote:
Anti-Guy wrote:

Nobody ever uses RPOT.
I know, but just in case his place ever goes back to its old glory (which chances are, it never will) then RPOT is the only other place where it could be used. It's obvious why it shouldn't be used in places like Feedback, Black Market, Contests & Tournaments, General Discussion, and Digiblogger. Actually, I can't really think of a reason not to allow it in other places. Those are the only ones where it should be unallowed.
Milton Games    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:49 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuber wrote:
Slim wrote:
Fat Tuber wrote:
Anti-Guy wrote:

Nobody ever uses RPOT.
I know, but just in case his place ever goes back to its old glory (which chances are, it never will) then RPOT is the only other place where it could be used. It's obvious why it shouldn't be used in places like Feedback, Black Market, Contests & Tournaments, General Discussion, and Digiblogger. Actually, I can't really think of a reason not to allow it in other places. Those are the only ones where it should be unallowed.
...You think it's fine in the welcome section for returning/new members?...
~White Shy Guy

oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:12 pm   Reply with quote

You know, 2 would be like allowing Spies in TF2 to only disguise as a class noone else on the other team is using.
Tamriellic Titles    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:23 pm   Reply with quote

Anti-Guy wrote:
...You think it's fine in the welcome section for returning/new members?...
~White Shy Guy
I forgot about that one. But no, it shouldn't be allowed there.
Milton Games    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback