digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Pokémon (the strangest idea I had, this morning)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:44 am   Reply with quote

Pokémon
- A category of items to be equipped.
- Each Pokémon has one "Pokémon move". The Pokémon move has the effect of a regular item (for example, -5 HP, etc), and uses up MP.
- Each Pokémon has one "Pokémon ability". The Pokémon ability makes something happen when an event triggers it (for example, Posting with the Pickup ability would cause a chance of a random item to be buried in your post, and Magnet Pull would cause a chance to steal 1 coin upon attacking/getting attacked by another member).
- A Pokémon has an experience meter and five levels. The Pokémon earns experience upon its "trainer" posting and attacking other members. With enough experience, the Pokémon "levels up". Level go down by one when the Pokémon's trainer dies, regardless of extra lives. Levels have a certain effect on a Pokémon's resale value.
- Pokémon can be sold back and traded for other Pokémon with other trainers.
- Limit of one Pokémon per user at a time/one equipped Pokémon on users at a time.
- Only a few kind of Pokémon should be available (five is the maximum I imagine).

An idea I had this morning. The amount of work it implies seems particularly large for one who would program this. And, the idea isn't very complete yet, as you can see. Let's just have a discussion about this over some snack or something.
Wario Land Shop!    
Shadoo Omega
Super Shadoo™

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:13 pm   Reply with quote

I suggested this before. People just got all butthurt because they're paranoid, especially Chaos Heart. I think it's a good idea, but no one would go for it and Francis wouldn't do it if you held his mother captive.
Shadoo's Badge Shop    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:03 pm   Reply with quote

While this does seem very intrestin', it would take quite a lot of work from Farnos.

Also, instead of it bein' "Pokemon", why not a more flexible "Pets" system, so that it's not limited to just Pokemon alone?
Shop of Stev-0    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:06 pm   Reply with quote

Chaos-Stev-0 wrote:
Also, instead of it bein' "Pokemon", why not a more flexible "Pets" system, so that it's not limited to just Pokemon alone?

Actually I like your idea better.
Wario Land Shop!    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:12 pm   Reply with quote

Nobody would use this shit, it would last less than 2 days before people stopped giving a damn about it and moved on to other things.
Some store that sells shit    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:40 pm   Reply with quote

No because Francis hates Pokémon.
Pipe Land Goods    
Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:08 am   Reply with quote

Goron Mask wrote:
Nobody would use this shit, it would last less than 2 days before people stopped giving a damn about it and moved on to other things.

this
Nastasia's Shop    
Cudge123
Cherrim

HP: 50 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:40 pm   Reply with quote

No one cares.
Relationships    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback