digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Union - cannabis/prohibition documentary

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 pm   Reply with quote

This would fit better in media, but nobody posts there.

Anyone who doesn't support the legalization of cannabis should watch this documentary. Even if you do support it, you might learn something new.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007&ei=olFzSpDlCIjMrQKu3uz9Bw&q=the+union

A few things covered in the video:

1) Weed does not kill brain cells. This "fact" surfaced in 1974, after some scientists made monkeys smoke weed. What they didn't tell you is that they had the monkeys wear gas masks that pumped the equivalent of 63 joints into their lungs in 5 minutes. The monkeys did lose brain cells and die, but it was due to oxygen deprivation, not marijuana. A study in 2005 shows just the opposite; marijuana can stimulate brain cell growth.

2) Weed is not addictive. It can be habituating, but you won't go into physical withdrawal when you don't have it. (you can be psychologically addicted to anything, so that really doesn't count)

3) Weed doesn't cause cancer. Every anti-marijuana propogation will tell you that it does, but not a single case of cancer due to weed alone can be found.

4) It's impossible to overdose on marijuana. There is a lethal dose, but you'd pretty much have to smoke 1000 joints in 20 minutes to die from it.

5) Speaking of, guess how many people die annually from smoking weed? (by itself, not with tobacco or anything else) ZERO.

and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:43 pm   Reply with quote

Double post because I added a bunch of stuff to the original post

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:57 pm   Reply with quote

I watched like the first 16 minutes of it, until this shit internet stopped loading it. I've always supported the legalization of marijuana, and this is just better proof.
The Shop on a Hill    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:50 pm   Reply with quote

Seriously, making marijuana illegal is pretty *crag* stupid--the only problems pot causes right now are gang violence and drug arrests. Nice job breaking it, government.
Buzzy Mart    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:50 pm   Reply with quote

It's not the weeds, but the shit they put in it that's dangerous.
Wario Land Shop!    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:46 pm   Reply with quote

My uncle is pretty f***'d up on it. It's medical, But they need to monitor it better because holy shit, his life is going all downhill cause of it.
TWEWY Pins    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:28 am   Reply with quote

The marijuana fillers that are dangerous would be stopped if weed was legal since there would be corporations selling them, not dealers.
The Shop on a Hill    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:35 pm   Reply with quote

This topic is a bit old now, but bump for new content!

Check this out.

http://blog.norml.org/2009/08/12/georgia-lawmaker-calls-for-caning-executing-marijuana-offenders/

This really shows the two sides of the legalization argument. One side wants it to be legal, so prisons can be freed up, the medical industry can radically change and so people can enjoy a safe substance without the fear of being arrested. The other side wants to hurt a bunch of happy hungry hippies.

Oh, Georgia.

Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:13 pm   Reply with quote

Doesn't stop it from being a gateway drug.
Hell    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:54 pm   Reply with quote

Louis wrote:

Someone who starts using cannabis and then moves on to heroin or something similar would have ended up there no matter what drug they started on. The gateway theory only exists because weed is so commonly used, and is most people's first drug.

the coolest dude ever
Super Super-Dimento

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:24 pm   Reply with quote

lol imma go smoke the declaration now |ʘ~ʘ ;O
The Magic Market!    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:21 am   Reply with quote

carfilledwithfish wrote:
Louis wrote:

Someone who starts using cannabis and then moves on to heroin or something similar would have ended up there no matter what drug they started on. The gateway theory only exists because weed is so commonly used, and is most people's first drug.
You got a good point. Still, the man won't probably grant the country legal weed. And I'm pretty sure it's a true fact that weed makes those stinky hippies even nastier.
Hell    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion