digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
Dr. R.

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:46 am   Reply with quote

Fat Tuber wrote:
Dr. R. wrote:
You might not like the Wii, but plenty of people (including me) do. If you think it's a bad system, then you're not buying the good games for it. You're just paying attention to the games aimed at the more casual crowd.

I respect your opinion of not liking the Wii, but if you're going to go right out and say it, then provide coherent reasons for you not liking it. Your first post was, in my opinion, immature and offensive. Please, don't try to pass your opinion off as fact. I ask nicely.
You're obviously very unfamiliar with the internet, aren't you?

Unfamiliar with the Internet? No.
Unfamiliar with forums? Yes.
What was so wrong about my post, hm?

jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:00 am   Reply with quote

Dr. R. wrote:
You might not like the Wii, but plenty of people (including me) do. If you think it's a bad system, then you're not buying the good games for it. You're just paying attention to the games aimed at the more casual crowd.

I respect your opinion of not liking the Wii, but if you're going to go right out and say it, then provide coherent reasons for you not liking it. Your first post was, in my opinion, immature and offensive. Please, don't try to pass your opinion off as fact. I ask nicely.

I've bought LoZ: TP, SMG, SPM, MP3, Red Steel, MKW, Brawl, and a few WiiWares. And most of them are good. I don't have any casual games.

Look, its not that I hate the Wii with passion. But lately the Wii HAS been going down. Nintendo aren't just the way they used to be.
Personally, I don't like casual. It gets really boring really fast. Casuals are for people to play together with family/friends. I don't play those kinds of games.
Some good games (NSMB2, SMG2, Zelda Wii, Metroid Other M) are coming out, yes. But even then those aren't enough to get me back to Nintendo.

Plus Nintendo has been giving us some lame crap. Like that pulse sensing thing which I forgot the name of.

If you found that first post to be offensive, thats fine. Just know that this is the internet. Most of the things people say here are pretty much jokes. Like the way I called the Wii a piece of crap.

Remember kids, don't do drugs, don't take candies from strangers, and don't take the internet seriously.
Baby Shop    
SuperYoshi3
Super ronery pirrow
Vampire

HP: 54 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:12 am   Reply with quote

I play the wii, it has good games, you're all just overreacting with the LOLCASUAL excuse

Dr. R.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:03 am   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
lets be honest, how many people here still play the Wii, otherwise known as 'the piece of crap everyone refuses to touch because its so casual.'?

I for one, haven't touched the shit in months. But mostly because I don't have it with me right now.

How about you kids?

Can you really blame me for getting a little annoyed at this post?
Okay, I'll lighten up a bit. Sorry. I just get so mad when people mercilessly bash the Wii without a good reason. And around here, it's, uh, kind of hard to tell joking from actual feelings...

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Look, its not that I hate the Wii with passion.

...And that's certainly not the impression you gave me...
It's fine you don't like the casual, but no one's forcing you to buy it. With games like SMG, Brawl, and LoZ: TP, you have a huge library to choose from.

Last edited by Dr. R. on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:06 am   Reply with quote

The problem is, none of the developers take the Wii seriously. They just sort of slap something together that abuses motion control because it will still sell even if the game is terrible. The market of people who buy something because "It doesn't seem violent and the cover makes it look fun" is just too large. ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:09 am   Reply with quote

Dr. R. wrote:
And around here, it's, uh, kind of hard to tell joking from actual feelings...

not just here. the WHOLE internet.
Baby Shop    
The Feral Nuclear Reactor
HawkofRawk

HP: 14 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:21 am   Reply with quote

Dr. R. wrote:
With games like SMG, Brawl, and LoZ: TP, you have a huge library to choose from.

3 games aren't a huge library.

oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:25 am   Reply with quote

Dr. R. wrote:
With games like SMG, Brawl, and LoZ: TP, you have a huge library to choose from.

The problem with that (for me at least) is that those games are only good, not great like they should be. There isn't much to pull me into playing TP or SMG again after I've already beaten them, unlike games such as Windwaker, OoT, and SM64.

Another problem with this is that all the good games are Nintendo produced. Where are the quality third-party titles? Very few and far between, it seems. Most third-party Wii games are either minigame-fests (though some may be good, there's far too many) or very mediocre ports of a superior 360 or PS3 game. (Case in point: Dead Rising)

But the Wii is still a fantastic emulator.
Tamriellic Titles    
SuperYoshi3
Super ronery pirrow
Vampire

HP: 54 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 am   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Dr. R. wrote:

Most third-party Wii games are either minigame-fests
to be honest Ive only seen around 6-10 minigame fest for wii, it might be because where i live most shit dont get released or there just arent that much minigame fests

Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:55 pm   Reply with quote

Dr. R. wrote:
Fat Tuber wrote:
Dr. R. wrote:

You're obviously very unfamiliar with the internet, aren't you?

Unfamiliar with the Internet? No.
Unfamiliar with forums? Yes.
What was so wrong about my post, hm?
The only thing wrong with it was that
Dr. R. wrote:
I ask nicely.
Isn't going to work, 'round these here parts, I reckon.

Milton Games    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:57 pm   Reply with quote

I still play my Wii all the time, but mainly because of VC games. But lately i'm super addicted to MP Trilogy.
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
Dr. R.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:08 pm   Reply with quote

HawkofRawk wrote:
Dr. R. wrote:

3 games aren't a huge library.

I wasn't just talking about those three games. Those were just examples... I could go on...

But that's not my point. The Wii itself is a very impressive console, I think. It's just that too many developers are abusing its motion-sensing abilities, which gives the impression that the console itself is, uh, not good. You can't really blame Nintendo or its console for that... but whatever. I don't think a noob like me is gonna influence anyone anytime soon... Very Happy

jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:25 pm   Reply with quote

but thats what the Wii is for. Motion Sensing games.
Baby Shop    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Plus Nintendo has been giving us some lame crap. Like that pulse sensing thing which I forgot the name of.

It seems stupid at first, but think about how that could work.

A Left 4 Dead style game.

If your pulse is low, IT SCARES THE MOTHERFUCKING SHIT OUT OF YOU.
Toad House    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:19 pm   Reply with quote

Donkey Kong wrote:
Small Sammer Guy wrote:

It seems stupid at first, but think about how that could work.

A Left 4 Dead style game.

If your pulse is low, IT SCARES THE MOTHERFUCKING SHIT OUT OF YOU.
That would be cool, but knowing Nintendo, they'd probably bundle it with the inevitible WiiFit 2 and only use it once.
Shrowser's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming