digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

OOC: Leaving RPOT.
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:21 am   Reply with quote

bobz wrote:
Spiny wrote:
((So...
See ya next month?))

((You obviously don't know what "quitting" means.

I am done. If I were to come back in a month, it'd be the same damn thing.

Dammit, I refuse to go through with this bulshit anymore. 3:|════׀))

Oh, I know full well what "quitting" means.
I just know you'll end up picking the alts back up some time in a month at least.
It's happened before, and several have returned at some point.
Only two are Silver and Nastasia.
Gemstone Goods    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:04 pm   Reply with quote

Spiny wrote:
bobz wrote:
Spiny wrote:
((So...
See ya next month?))

((You obviously don't know what "quitting" means.

I am done. If I were to come back in a month, it'd be the same damn thing.

Dammit, I refuse to go through with this bulshit anymore. 3Neutral════׀))

Oh, I know full well what "quitting" means.
I just know you'll end up picking the alts back up some time in a month at least.
It's happened before, and several have returned at some point.
Only two are Silver and Nastasia.

((Spiny...shut the Hell up. I'm sorry, I just can't drop this. *crag*, what used to be a great member's become attacking based on trends. Just...dammit! Damn it all.

I believe there's a reason why we have no progress. ^^))
Temple of I    
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:20 pm   Reply with quote

My point was that few have openly announced leaving and actually went through with it. A subtle exodus, however, slips past better.
Gemstone Goods    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:27 pm   Reply with quote

...yeah, that's true. Of course, then that takes out the "venting" phase necessary to learn a lesson...then again, there is no lesson, so there's no point of doing ANYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Still, it's the WAY you said it that makes what you said damnable by God. The second point is much clearer and reflects badly on me for having an emotional post. However, the first post reflects a cocky, almost elitist attitude (OOH! IT'S A DREADED WORD OF DEATH AND DESPAIR! HIDE THE CHILDREN!) that establishes nothing more than that you're right, your opponent is wrong, and he's an idiot because of it. That's the tone that reflects from your words, and that's what's going to cause things to absolutely fail.

Check
Mate
Temple of I    
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:41 pm   Reply with quote

I sense hypocracy in that statement.
Mainly, the "Checkmate" gives a blatent air of snide confidence to the paragraph wherein you berate me for making what looks to be a snide, confident rebuttal.
But then again, the entire point of guessing how someone is feeling over the internet is trivial unless you can see their face and hear their words, meaning we both kinda dropped the ball.
Gemstone Goods    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:45 pm   Reply with quote

Implications within words, and worlds within words. The final addition was just a mocking, trivial statement placed in for my own amusement...and I have to say, it was QUITE amusing.

There is a language hidden within every last letter typed, every message stated, every emotion conveyed. Reading this language is truly a breaktrhough.

That and I'm completely psychotic. But, that's nothing new.
Temple of I    
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:47 pm   Reply with quote

If you two are going to bring knives to each others' throats and create yet another walking on eggshells mood to this sub-forum, I have one thing to ask: Why are we still here? Why are we still visiting a place wherein lies only constant drama and pain? Why are we still bickering after it's long been established that any sort of drama destroys any positivity that remains? Because we believe that one day this place will, like the phoenix, rise up from its ashes, and be the great superpower it once was. Unfortunately, reality tends to be harsh, and things will never be as good as they used to be. Get over it. This place will go through changes, but will it be as good as the days of old? No, because of scarcity. There's only so much we can do, and it is impossible to satisfy everyone. When we put up the rules for RPOT, there was a silent storm of people whose minds were screaming obscenities. If we remove the rules, we'll have just as many people complaining. The point is that if you don't like it, just leave. Don't say you're leaving. Just go. If you announce it people will complain that other people have caused it. So in fact, this whole thing could very well be no more than a ploy to get RPOT to destroy itself. There's even evidence in The Secret Palace of the Filthy Rich that states that bobz may have wanted to start something. In the end, you're all playing into his little game. And so I leave you with this saying: Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:05 pm   Reply with quote

Captain Blue wrote:
If you two are going to bring knives to each others' throats and create yet another walking on eggshells mood to this sub-forum, I have one thing to ask: Why are we still here? Why are we still visiting a place wherein lies only constant drama and pain? Why are we still bickering after it's long been established that any sort of drama destroys any positivity that remains? Because we believe that one day this place will, like the phoenix, rise up from its ashes, and be the great superpower it once was. Unfortunately, reality tends to be harsh, and things will never be as good as they used to be. Get over it. This place will go through changes, but will it be as good as the days of old? No, because of scarcity. There's only so much we can do, and it is impossible to satisfy everyone. When we put up the rules for RPOT, there was a silent storm of people whose minds were screaming obscenities. If we remove the rules, we'll have just as many people complaining. The point is that if you don't like it, just leave. Don't say you're leaving. Just go. If you announce it people will complain that other people have caused it. So in fact, this whole thing could very well be no more than a ploy to get RPOT to destroy itself. There's even evidence in The Secret Palace of the Filthy Rich that states that bobz may have wanted to start something. In the end, you're all playing into his little game. And so I leave you with this saying: Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Well, if that were my plan, then from the looks of it, I've slightly succeeded.

Say what you want about me or what I'll do because of past evidence, but I've explained to you why I'm leaving. For me to return to RPing is only for the same thing to happen. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 pm   Reply with quote

And THIS applies to me because...why, again? You make relevant points that don't even affect half of the target audience.

Also, arguing is fun. >_>
Temple of I    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:40 pm   Reply with quote

bobz wrote:
((Yeah, sure. Lemme guess, you were all busy posting in other topics, mirite?)) 3:|════׀

((I got Chrono Trigger, the DS remake.

You can guess what got me there.))
Stuff Mart    
bobz
bobzearth42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:46 pm   Reply with quote

LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
bobz wrote:
((Yeah, sure. Lemme guess, you were all busy posting in other topics, mirite?)) 3:|════׀

That game has 13 different endings, by the way. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:48 pm   Reply with quote

bobz wrote:
LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
bobz wrote:

OH DAMN 13?
Stuff Mart    
bobz
bobzearth42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:00 pm   Reply with quote

LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
bobz wrote:
LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
bobz wrote:

OH DAMN 13?

Yes.

It's only due to the fact that you *crag* the timeline so bad in that game. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
bobz
bobzearth42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 pm   Reply with quote

hey look it's me from a long time ago

i was so silly back then (:
bobzearth42's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic