digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Gaming websites: likes? dislikes?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:29 pm   Reply with quote

There are a ton of gaming sites out there. Usually they include news and game reviews. Sometimes they present opinions too. Sometimes they have a community and revolve around a blog, or a message board. Some sites are focused on all gaming, some are focused on one genre, or console, or series.

What are you looking for when you go to a gaming site?

What do you dislike about gaming sites?
What do you wish gaming sites did that they don't do now?

Do you like the big sites (1up, IGN, Gamespot, GameFAQs, ...) or do you like smaller/more focused sites?
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:32 pm   Reply with quote

I would say that when I go to a gaming site I am usually looking for the latest news, or a review of a new game. And I like to hear other's opinions on them. So I like sites that let you comment on the article (like 1up).

I wish gaming sites were more like blogs and less like magazines. I think game reviews should not have such specific score ratings.

I wish gaming sites were faster. Usually they are bloated down with huge graphics & flash ads. I also want to see what I am interested in, so don't mix PS3 reviews in with Wii reviews.

I don't usually go to the big sites any more. I stick with forums & blogs for my latest info, because all the same news eventually gets passed around everywhere in a few hours. Even reviews are aggregated together now (gamerankings & metacritic). Sometimes big sites write interesting articles, but usually I find more of that kind of thing on forums & blogs.
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:35 pm   Reply with quote

I hang around GameFAQs sometimes. I'm usually on the Diamond boards as Genis_Sage. I also go to another forum just for Tales of Symphonia, although no one talks about the game anymore XD
Piccolo's Goods    
Rawk Hawk
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:37 pm   Reply with quote

Eeeeh....Rawk should reveal something....

(I'm -911- from the GameFAQs Super Smash Bros. Board......)

Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:39 pm   Reply with quote

I do not hang around GameFAQs, what do you like about it? (I do use them for the actual FAQs).
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:42 pm   Reply with quote

The only thing I really like, besides the FAQS, are the stupid comments people make XD
Piccolo's Goods    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:05 pm   Reply with quote

IGN is the only one I like.
Baby Shop    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:08 pm   Reply with quote

IGN.... It has detailed walkthroughs, cool cheats, and non-pointless fourms.
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
Shiaoran
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:53 am   Reply with quote

I like to hang at GFAQs and throw people's mistakes(that they fight over their statement) at their faces. XD
But it's also my main game site/forum.

MintCream
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:14 am   Reply with quote

Piccolo the Pixl wrote:
The only thing I really like, besides the FAQS, are the stupid comments people make XD

Absolute best. You get all sorts at GameFAQS.
I go there to see conversations about games I'm currently playing sometimes, but mainly if I'm gonna hang out there, I hang out at the contest message board, Board 8. The people there are a very interesting mix of stupid & smart, and there's always some kind of contest going on to vote on.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:23 pm   Reply with quote

I get my news from gaming blog sites versus big game sites. I regularly check GoNintendo, Joystiq, and SegaNerds.

And, I'm also a 1Up supporter, but in a different way. I love their pod-casts. I'm an abid listener of 1Up Yours and Retronauts, and I watch The 1Up Show every week. I aslo read a few editorials there.

I normally go to big sites when I want to read a preview, snag screens, or watch a video.

King Boo
Vampire

HP: 85 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:26 pm   Reply with quote

I go to GameFaqs as pickle_derby

Shiaoran
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:50 am   Reply with quote

News sites too?
I like Digital Battle and Joystik(and it's sub blogs).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming