digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Suggestion: Discount Points = Buy / Increase Points = Sell

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Ehee hee heere we go!
Spooky Speedster

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:08 am   Reply with quote

An idea very similar to Stache Points used in Mario and Luigi: Partners In Time. Over time, perhaps from the accumulation of points via posting, you will receive a Discount Percentage. For example, every 10000 points, you will earn 1% Discount towards items digibutter stores. Perhaps, the discount would also apply to usershop features ( Discount points will decrease the amount you will have to pay for creating items, restocking etc. in your usershop ), however, you will also have Increase Points which apply to selling your items. ( Applies to Digibutter related items ) For example, if you sold a Red Potion and you get 45 coins for it, and your Increase points were at 10 or 10%, you would get it for 49/50 coins. I am unsure how this would work in usershops. Perhaps if you were to recycle your items, normally you would receive 30 coins for a certain item, you had 20% Increase, you would receive 36 coins instead. I don't know how you could do that. Just an idea. Possible loophole to get rich there, though. Maximum discount possible to reach would be 40-50%, same applies for Increase. However, you would not receive one Increase Point and Discount at once, you would recieve 1 point of one type every 10000 points, obviously to give high points a low chance of achieving for obvious reasons. Phew...my sound card is starting to hurt...
Spooky Festivities    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:25 am   Reply with quote

Wow... Too much math... But actually a really neat idea!
Geno's Tree    
Oh fuck.
Flar3 Luigi
Vampire

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:00 pm   Reply with quote

Great idea Stuffens! I'm pretty sure Francis will read this one!(I hope)
Flar3's antiques of Ph1r3.    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:25 pm   Reply with quote

meh. I couldn't care less. I like the idea of increased HP/MP for points better.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:04 am   Reply with quote

I doubt this will be used for people could easily get many coins besides getting more of the same item in a user shop decreases the cost to restock.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Depressed
Koopler
Benned
Benned

HP: 50 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:39 am   Reply with quote

I'm afraind that could be very abused, besides, people would make things in their shop more expensive, so noone can buy them for cheap. However, if you were to make it only in non user shops... actually people would lower their prices because things get so cheap. It can't really be abused, but it would cause a miraculous termoil, leading to an apocalypse.
Koopa's island    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback