digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Treasure Hunt

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
The Inconspicuos Intruder
X-Naut, Johnston

HP: 95 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:56 am   Reply with quote

I am actually thinking about putting this into the digibutter keep active topic in competitions.

A treasure hunt?
Well, I was thinking that for a special day or week or time period, we could have a treasure hunt. You would scour around digibutter looking for clues or maybe pieces of a map and try to piece them togethere and each piece leads you to the next ( maybe the marvellous compass type idea if you have listened to Luigi's long winded stories in PMTTYD ).

Obtaining the pieces of your map would not be easy at all. They would be hidden away in the most difficult of areas to ensure that very little people succeed in getting them.

Another idea would be to lock these way in areas and there be hidden keys that would have to find in which to unlock the gates to find the piece of [ insert somethign here ] which leads to the next and etc.

Passwords or something? It could be something to do with letters which would make a code to get into something and claim the prize.

What would this prize be?
Maybe a chest full of hundreds of coins? Maybe something better?

The biggest problem would be how to start it off.
You could make a topci giving people the heads up and they would have to sign up or pay an amount of coins to enter and then on the day, they would all be issued the first piece of map that gave them a clue.

I'm not sure if this is possible but all I can do is hope my idea is not stupid.

I'm taking ideas!
"There'd be more use for the shovels." -Francine

Complications so far!
"Yes, I have done a few "go find buried stuff" things. But currently, when you dig up an item, it goes into your inventory. So, if you buried a map, or a clue, then no one else could see it unless they buried it back.

So I kinda need an item like a treasure map, that when dug up, you read what is on it but it remains buried for others to dig up later." - Francis

-X-Naut Johnston- ( X )

Last edited by X-Naut, Johnston on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:04 am; edited 2 times in total
X-Naut Starship Freight    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:59 am   Reply with quote

There'd be more use for the shovels.
The Shop on a Hill    
X-Naut, Johnston

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:59 am   Reply with quote

That's a good idea! I'll add that to the top.
X-Naut Starship Freight    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 am   Reply with quote

Yes, I have done a few "go find buried stuff" things. But currently, when you dig up an item, it goes into your inventory. So, if you buried a map, or a clue, then no one else could see it unless they buried it back.

So I kinda need an item like a treasure map, that when dug up, you read what is on it but it remains buried for others to dig up later.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
X-Naut, Johnston

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:03 am   Reply with quote

In fact, I will take ideas and unsolved theories in the top post.

How are you going to be able to pull that off, Francis?
X-Naut Starship Freight    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:26 pm   Reply with quote

I support this idea. It's like honey to attract bees (other members) to digibutter, and to add some competion besides the arcade.
Light Prognosticus's Magic Shop    
X-Naut, Johnston

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:48 pm   Reply with quote

It's good to see my ideas being appreciated! Very Happy
X-Naut Starship Freight    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback