digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

New Challenge: Collect Coins in Coconut Mall! [OLD]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:09 pm   Reply with quote

Taken from the... description on the game:
Quote:
Some careless customer at Coconut Mall has been dropping coins all over the place. Pick them up as fast as you can! Of course, the coins will be returned to their rightful owner.

Deadline: 7/10

So, a section of Coconut mall is cut off from the rest (the outdoors area in the middle of the course and a little bit after that). You have to collect all the coins, although there seems to be a relatively linear layout of the coins.
Karts may be better suited to this as wheelies are not particularly useful in this challenge.

My suggestion:
1) Pick any path of coins in the outdoors area.
2) Take the outside coins on the stairs
3) Go through the boost panel and collect the coins after that
4) Take a counter-clockwise drive through the coins here
5) Collect the coins leading up to the stairs
6) Take the coins on the inside 'lane' on the stairs
7) This next bit is down to your own... self, but I personally chose taking the outside coins first, then the harder-to-get inside coins.
8) ???
9) Profit!!!

Yeah, but that's just my suggestion.

tl;dr version: New challenge, try using karts, take the most obvious route (in your opinion)

My time: 46.773 (Peach on Mach Bike)

Last edited by ohclizlE on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:30 pm   Reply with quote

After lots of tries, I finally got around 51 seconds. It only makes since I'd find a nice path with my improbably large brain.
PSI and more    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii