digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

No more plots.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:41 am   Reply with quote

Medikoopa wrote:
If you want to start an epic plot, DON'T STAND AROUND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT! GO DO IT! Geez... -_-;

And I have been going for it. Nobody listens except for vaati and maybe one other person. So you see, the problem is that even though my ideas might be great, nobody wants to go along because it's not by someone who's made epic plots before.

Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:05 am   Reply with quote

Captain Blue wrote:
Medikoopa wrote:
If you want to start an epic plot, DON'T STAND AROUND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT! GO DO IT! Geez... -_-;

And I have been going for it. Nobody listens except for vaati and maybe one other person. So you see, the problem is that even though my ideas might be great, nobody wants to go along because it's not by someone who's made epic plots before.

And that's how I feel whenever one of my carefully planned roleplays dies before it even goes past one page, while my random "lol my rpalt gets in danger" threads goes well over four!
Dark Land Supply Store    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:38 am   Reply with quote

I'm not going to bother reading the rest of the posts in this thread, but I will say that the first post is entirely false.

The War of September 1st and The Void were both excellent and fun, and only a handful of the site's members complained about them. And, why should we ruin the majority's fun for a small group of party-poopers to be happy?

I assume the problem with that Chaos Heart thing was because it wasn't interesting and/or wasn't planned out well- I don't know, I was busy watching E3 when it happened.

And, another thing- if there's a plot, it should be more interesting, besides a normal hacking threat or whatever. Keep it unrealistic and fantastical, and if one must give it some sort of realism, save the fantastical and unrealistic stuff for the end. Look at the September 1st/Lord Bowser plot, for example. It was planned out wonderfully.

Edit: You know, this calls for a change to the rule-list. I'll add a rule against shouting out "MODPLOT" to the spam section- hopefully so that people will stop trying to ruin future events.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:44 am   Reply with quote

Lord Crump wrote:
I'm not going to bother reading the rest of the posts in this thread, but I will say that the first post is entirely false.

The War of September 1st and The Void were both excellent and fun, and only a handful of the site's members complained about them. And, why should we ruin the majority's fun for a small group of party-poopers to be happy?

I assume the problem with that Chaos Heart thing was because it wasn't interesting and/or wasn't planned out well- I don't know, I was busy watching E3 when it happened.

And, another thing- if there's a plot, it should be more interesting, besides a normal hacking threat or whatever. Keep it unrealistic and fantastical, and if one must give it some sort of realism, save the fantastical and unrealistic stuff for the end. Look at the September 1st/Lord Bowser plot, for example. It was planned out wonderfully.

Edit: You know, this calls for a change to the rule-list. I'll add a rule against shouting out "MODPLOT" to the spam section- hopefully so that people will stop trying to ruin future events.
Oh, yeah, the War of September first was fun and planned out alright. It actually was until it ended up that Francis was the person who did everything instead of the DDOD making a stealthy clean attack on Lord Bowser. That was the result of planning, choice-making, and fear. That's what we got. We watched our planning go to waste as the whole thing turned out to be some Smashball event that had nothing to do with the whole plot.
Hell    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:16 pm   Reply with quote

Lord Crump wrote:

The problem with mine was:

1) Francis left for E3, making it hard for me to do anything.
2) Some people actually believed me, and were scared shitless.
Dimension C    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback