digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Tier
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:55 pm   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
Geno wrote:
I never understood where people get the idea that their tier list is "official". Unless Nintendo releases it, it's not official. And this one just sounds ridiculously WRONG.

*crag* TIERS!!

Tiers=subject to change. The melee tiers have changed like, 7 or 8 times.

Oh, and that's a weird comment to make, since Sakurai is against the idea of competitive smash. So basically, tiers and the whole thing go against Sakurai's wishes. But I doubt he really cares, since it's keeping people buying the game.
Wait, my comment was weird? How? It was anti-tier. D':
Geno's Tree    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:07 pm   Reply with quote

Yoshi only wanted to make the damage ratio 2.0 for one match. He couldn't change it untill it was his turn again. Anyone could have changed it when it was their turn.
PSI and more    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:16 pm   Reply with quote

...>.>...
...I've played quite a few Tournament games...
...maybe 11-ish in Brawl...
...I've only heard mention of Tiers by random kids playing me complaining how they think this will be too easy for them or w/e because of tiers...
...or just mentioning it...
...It's never factored in sriously tothe tourneys...
...and most of have had over 60 poeple in them, so they arent like little 10 poepele things...
...<.<...
...Im actually surprised about how LITTLE tiers are complained about in Brawl compared to DotA on Warcraft...
...ITs REALLY serious there...
~White Shy Guy

Boomer (redundancy!)
Boomer
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:12 pm   Reply with quote

There's a couple of placements on that list that I'm really surprised at, SSSS-BLAM. Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, and Sonic should be higher than Ganondorf...Pokemon Trainer, Sheik, Lucas, Zelda, Fox, and Ike are all lower than I would have thought...and actually, DK is a bit higher than I would have thought.

I'm not completely against tiers...I think the problem is that people act like the person proposing the tier list is saying that it's 100% accurate, which they usually aren't...
Boomer's Explosive Shop    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:07 pm   Reply with quote

Boomer wrote:
There's a couple of placements on that list that I'm really surprised at, SSSS-BLAM. Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, and Sonic should be higher than Ganondorf...Pokemon Trainer, Sheik, Lucas, Zelda, Fox, and Ike are all lower than I would have thought...and actually, DK is a bit higher than I would have thought.

I'm not completely against tiers...I think the problem is that people act like the person proposing the tier list is saying that it's 100% accurate, which they usually aren't...

Exactly. Tiers are never exact at first release. if you look it up, the tier list for melee was changed seven, maybe eight times since it's initial release.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:21 pm   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
Boomer wrote:

Exactly. Tiers are never exact at first release. if you look it up, the tier list for melee was changed seven, maybe eight times since it's initial release.
Now that there's more characters, It should probably change more.
PSI and more    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:26 pm   Reply with quote

Yoshi wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
Boomer wrote:

Now that there's more characters, It should probably change more.

Quite possibly.

BUT, don't expect the exact ends of the list to change. it's been unanimously agreed for months Captain falcon will be the worst and that snake and meta-knight are top.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:16 pm   Reply with quote

Captain Falcon bottom tier? BLASPHEMY!
DISGUISE KIT    
Grodus
Drive-Thru Whale
Burning

HP: 70 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:42 pm   Reply with quote

One thing I find very odd about the tier list.
King Dedede is so high up in the tier list due to his chaingrab, right? A potentially unescabable series of grabs could break a match, so they banned Shadow Moses Island for that, right?

So King Dedede is said to be a good character, when in tournaments (which the tier list is meant for) he can't even preform the technique anyway.

lol wut

GACK ACK ACK ACK!

? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:04 pm   Reply with quote

King Dedede is also high up on the list because he's a heavyweight character with amazing recovery, along with having a few strong attacks that are also relatively quick.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:34 pm   Reply with quote

Interesting that you mention tiers being subject to change, Pure. Ask yourself something, why are they subject to change? Why do people change the tier lists they're oh-so-confident in? Why release a tier list if it's going to be changed? Simple. As they find more and more flaws in their reasoning, they begin to realize you can't categorize the characters into groups. They are too different to be categorized in terms of ability. It call comes down to one thing: ability of the player. You can categorize by every possible factor, but you will never get an accurate depiction of raw character ability.
Console Merchandise    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:56 pm   Reply with quote

Grodus wrote:
One thing I find very odd about the tier list.
King Dedede is so high up in the tier list due to his chaingrab, right? A potentially unescabable series of grabs could break a match, so they banned Shadow Moses Island for that, right?

So King Dedede is said to be a good character, when in tournaments (which the tier list is meant for) he can't even preform the technique anyway.

lol wut

GACK ACK ACK ACK!

One answer.
Back air. Almost deadly as ZZS's back air.
KDDD has so many potentials, so he's up there.
Baby Shop    
Chocolate Kirby
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:15 pm   Reply with quote

I like to come in first with Yoshi just to rub it in the Ikes face "Yoshi is a better character". Also just to show them that tiers don't exist.

I use King Dedede because he's better fast even though he has powerful moves and is heavy. I also like his BIG GAY DANCE!

I'm surprised to see that Kirby's mid tier. Not that he's bad, but others do...

Itch my goat
The Dying Atheist
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:07 pm   Reply with quote

Metaknight.... What the hell, and Dedede?? This is bs.

But hey, my main is top teir Very Happy

I TROL U
Mantis15

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:35 pm   Reply with quote

Last time I remember, Game and Watch was bottom tier and Melee. Now with almost no changes he's in a higher tier, lolwut?

P.S. TR4Q
Relations 'R' Us    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl