digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Tourney Tards Don't Deserve Brawl! (56k/M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:08 pm   Reply with quote

Unless they're holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play by their rules, you have no reason whatsoever to hate them.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
ChaosStar
Super Scourge
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:16 pm   Reply with quote

Isn't it Battlefield they're playing on at tourneys?

The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:31 pm   Reply with quote

The sad thing is that tourney tards suck at Brawl in the first place. I was in a tam tourney with my friend. We went in (this was our first tourney, mind you), had no idea what the rules were, named our team "Yoshi's Island", and were pitted against the two best players in the city.

My friend died halfway through the match, and I single-handedly fought off 2 "good" players with 3 lives each.

Gah, tourney tards aren't even GOOD enough to own Brawl.
Geno's Tree    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:02 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
The sad thing is that tourney tards suck at Brawl in the first place. I was in a tam tourney with my friend. We went in (this was our first tourney, mind you), had no idea what the rules were, named our team "Yoshi's Island", and were pitted against the two best players in the city.

My friend died halfway through the match, and I single-handedly fought off 2 "good" players with 3 lives each.

Gah, tourney tards aren't even GOOD enough to own Brawl.

A single example is not enough to speak for the entire competitive community. Chances are that these particular so-called "pros" had no real talent to begin with.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Better than yours
Myst

HP: 20 MP: 4 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:02 pm   Reply with quote

Ok, I am honestly a competetive wario player, and I will tell you the truth here.

1. Tourney rules are only concrete in tournament matches. We're not afraid to play with items on at banned stages. The rules are to determine that the results are accurate, and not because of some other random thing.

2. Those videos portray Brawl's competeive community incorrectly.

3. No one made you the dictator of who gets to own brawl and who doesn't. Nintendo doesn't care what you do with your game as long as its legal and you payed for it.

Hopefully I cleared this up. The smash community is a very nice place, and no one is going to look down at you just because you enjoy playing with items, on banned stages, or whatever.
Myst's Ownage Shop    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:39 pm   Reply with quote

I play green and yellow stages most of the time. When I want a good fight I choose Battlefield or FD.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:57 pm   Reply with quote

And noone made a remark abouit Creepy Mario randomly appearing. <_<

I really love how any stage with more than three platforms/one moving part is at least in the "yellow" area.

Hyrule Temple is so much better than most of the other levels, even though it isn't on that chart.
Tamriellic Titles    
Twilit Masked Audiophile
Boomboxer

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:51 pm   Reply with quote

Oh god. There was some thread on some forum about one guy trying to hack into Brawl and make it more competitive and like Melee. The thread was full of tourney tards, and anyone who disagreed with them was denounced as a scrub. I'm not sure if he succeeded. I really hope he didn't.

The first example in this article is about SSB and tourney elitists, unsurprisingly.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StopHavingFunGuys

Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:43 pm   Reply with quote

Myst wrote:
Ok, I am honestly a competetive wario player, and I will tell you the truth here.

1. Tourney rules are only concrete in tournament matches. We're not afraid to play with items on at banned stages. The rules are to determine that the results are accurate, and not because of some other random thing.

@ 1: Random things... Then explain to me how Shadow Moses, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Delfino Plaza are banned... There is absolutely no way I can think of that they have random elements that kill. Pictochat, I understand, but the three I mentioned above can't possibly randomly kill you unless you are a complete idiot and playing the game.

@ 2: Yes, they portray correctly... I've seen first hand...
Die4Less Corp.    
Better than yours
Myst

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:04 pm   Reply with quote

R.O.B. wrote:
Myst wrote:

@ 1: Random things... Then explain to me how Shadow Moses, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Delfino Plaza are banned... There is absolutely no way I can think of that they have random elements that kill. Pictochat, I understand, but the three I mentioned above can't possibly randomly kill you unless you are a complete idiot and playing the game.

That stage list is outdated anyways. Shadow moses is banned because you can basically choose dedede and chaingrab people off the edge and win. How is that fair? PS2 and delfino plaza are usually legal, that list in the vid was made by an idiot. And you guys can't judge smash's competetive community off of smashboards, that site was lost to idiots a LONG time ago. And when have YOU seen this firsthand? I can tell you that most competetive players are NOT tourney tards, as you call them, and only people that can't imagine playing without this rule list are.
Myst's Ownage Shop    
Chocolate Kirby
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:06 pm   Reply with quote

On PS2, on the electric part there are conveyor belts that move you off the stage. Maybe that's why it's banned? Maybe cause there's water in Delfino Plaza? I don't think that it should be banned.

I play on most green and yellow stages. I DON'T like big stages like New Pork City and Temple. I think that I'm best at battlefield....

Excuse me if I'm being "dumb" at this.

Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:15 pm   Reply with quote

Myst wrote:
R.O.B. wrote:
Myst wrote:

That stage list is outdated anyways. Shadow moses is banned because you can basically choose dedede and chaingrab people off the edge and win. How is that fair? PS2 and delfino plaza are usually legal, that list in the vid was made by an idiot. And you guys can't judge smash's competetive community off of smashboards, that site was lost to idiots a LONG time ago. And when have YOU seen this firsthand? I can tell you that most competetive players are NOT tourney tards, as you call them, and only people that can't imagine playing without this rule list are.

Try Gaming Convention Tourneys, Smash Bros. Forums (of any kind) Tourneys... Need I Continue?
Die4Less Corp.    
A dude with blond hair.
Ultigonio

HP: 10 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:20 pm   Reply with quote

I love Yoshi.
And if anyone is willing to say that Yoshi sucks, I am glad to direct them to this.

Last edited by Ultigonio on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Better than yours
Myst

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:12 am   Reply with quote

R.O.B. wrote:
Myst wrote:
R.O.B. wrote:
Myst wrote:

Try Gaming Convention Tourneys, Smash Bros. Forums (of any kind) Tourneys... Need I Continue?
What? The gamestop one? Tournies have rules for a reason, so the experience is fair for everyone. You can't judge tourney goers just by how they are at tournaments. Until you have a full, unbiased experience of the competetive scene, I suggest you reserve judgement on it.
Myst's Ownage Shop    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:15 pm   Reply with quote

[quote="Myst"]
R.O.B. wrote:
Myst wrote:
R.O.B. wrote:
Myst wrote:

Myst wrote:
What? The gamestop one?

No. Rolling Eyes

Myst wrote:
Until you have a full, unbiased experience of the competetive scene, I suggest you reserve judgement on it.

*headdesk* I Live Through this Stuff All the Time... I Play at Almost Every *crag* Tourney that Happens! It's Real... You May Not See It, But I Do. Evil or Very Mad

*Looks Really Annoyed Right Now*
Die4Less Corp.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl