digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The History and Theories of SPM
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario
Twilit Masked Audiophile
Boomboxer

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:18 pm   Reply with quote

I love learning the histories of the worlds in the games I play. You know that minstrel-guy on the roof of some house in Thousand Year Door who'd tell you stories about the "four heroes" and the Shadow Queen? And that Wonky guy who lived in the sewers? I paid them so much in coinage during my playthrough that they're probably now loaded.

And the same goes for the two bartenders in Super Paper Mario. SPM has such a totally kick-ass backstory. You know, with the power of love, the stories of Count Bleck and his four minions, etc. Great stuff. Paid those two guys cash whenever I could.

So, I've been thinking back and trying to piece together the complete history of SPM. Like, what's the deal with Dimentio and the Dark Prognosticus? Did the Tribe of Ancients form before or after the Dark Prognosticus appeared? What exactly are the Pixls? Stuff like that. You'll have to bare with me, since I don't remember everything the bartenders said.

What do you guys think? I'm probably the only one psychotic enough to actually think this hard about this, but there must be someone out there with some input on the history of the characters, places, things, etc.

Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:22 pm   Reply with quote

BUT THERE IS A MORE PRESSING MATTER THAN ALL OF THIS.

WHY PUT THOREAU AS A PIXL INSTEAD OF MAKING YOSHI A CHARACTER.

BECAUSE THOREAU GRABS STUFF, AND THROWS IT, WHILE YOSHI EATS STUFF, AND SPITS IT OUT.

IT IS THE SAME THING.

Such pressing questions...

Also, another thing to wonder

WHY DO BOWSER'S MINIONS STILL ATTACK HIM AFTER YOU BEAT THE GAME?
PSI and more    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:45 pm   Reply with quote

There's a suspicion that Dimentio wrote the Dark Prognosticus. Hang on a moment, let me bring it up.
Dimension C    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:00 pm   Reply with quote

This is something I wrote a while back. It's a thesis on Dimentio.

Ryuuguu Rena wrote:
There are some mysteries around Dimentio, like, where did he come from, and how does he know what is written in the DP? I thought up some answers and I want to know what you guys think.

If Count Bleck is the only person who reads the Dark Prognosticus, and keeps it with him at all times, how does Dimentio know it is written that Luigi is the ideal host for the Chaos Heart? My answer is that he was actually a member of the tribe of Drakness and is the actuall author of the Dark Prognosticus. Think about it.He's the master of dimensions. He could exist for a millennium. That could place him around the same time that the DP was written...I think. This would also explain how he was able to come to count bleck all on his own. Noboby but the ancients and the tribe of darkness can use the dimensional flipping technique, except for mario because he was taught it. So that SHOULD make it that only Count Bleck, Merlon, Merlee, Merluvlee, Bestovious, and Mario can use said tecnique. (Also Nastasia and Mimi because they too were taught.) However, Dimetnio can use this tecnique as well. Also, if he was a member of the tribe of Darkness, this could explain how Tippi knew him from somewhere. It is possible that if he were a member of the tribe of darkness, Tippi would have seen him maybe on her way to visit with Count Blumiere. It is also revealed for only an instant that Dimentio may have had some connection with Count Blecks father. In one of the cut scenes, Dimentio asks Count Bleck if he knows the name, Blumiere, and then states that Tippi said the name. However, he is never around when tippi ever thinks or says the name Blumiere. Perhaps Dimentio was called upon Blumiere's father to use some sort of magic to banish Timpani. This would also explain why Tippi said that she knew Dimentio from somewhere, and how he knew Blumiere's name without ever hearing it throughout the course of the game. He also stated that the pixl butterfly said Blumiere to feed on Count Blecks emotions, causing him to feel weak. But, how would he know about Count Bleck and Tippi, when the only people that knew about them was Count Bleck himself, Tippi, and Nastasia? This is just some thoughts I put together when I was bored, tell me what you think.

And if you could answer a question for me, How do you say Dimentio's name. Do you say it, Di-men-ti-o, or, Di-men-chi-o. Which way?!

I say it Di-men-chi-o. It's cuter that way! ^-^
Dimension C    
My soul hurts.
Victor

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:57 am   Reply with quote

Me too. I love finding out the backstory, and it's what improves the game for me. Smile

Pure Heart
Luvbi

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:21 pm   Reply with quote

you know that peg you had to pound with thudley

it was somewhere in the bitlands

that was actually count bleck's father who bleck transformed into a peg
Overthere Stair    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:54 pm   Reply with quote

Explain plx.
Shop of Stev-0    
Mariofan9

HP: 50 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 pm   Reply with quote

Luvbi wrote:
you know that peg you had to pound with thudley

it was somewhere in the bitlands

that was actually count bleck's father who bleck transformed into a peg

That's hilarious. You know that? Any arguments to build under your remarkable theory?

Anyway. Dimentio is a mastermind, but I really do not think he wrote the Dark Prognosticus. See, Dimentio's goal is different from Count Bleck's.; and the Dark Prognosticus fits in more with Bleck's plan.

One more thing. Once or twice Dimentio displays an ignorance of words in the Dark Prognosticus.
Shop of Identities    
I'm back to being a
Hylian_Pixl
Burning

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:35 am   Reply with quote

Dimentio could've been invisible when Tippi said Blumiere. We already know he has invisibility powers, so why not?

And as for him writing the dark prognosticus? I think that might be true. After playing the game through a couple times, I started to think that as well. Unless Bleck showed his minions what was in the DP, he wouldn't have known. (Although he may have shown it to Nastasia) Mimi and O'Chunks had no idea what was in it, and all of a sudden, here comes Dimentio actually quoting it.

Oh, and I have another theory. Has anyone here played Majora's Mask? Well, I belive that Majora's Mask itself may actually be the Chaos Heart in mask form. Think about what it said (in the moon): "I shall consume, consume, consume everything." What did the Prognosticus say?: "The void will swallow all; naught can stop it..." They're basically saying the same thing. I'm guessing another Chaos Heart was created, and the Happy Mask Man used the song of healing to make it into a mask. How else would he know how dangerous it was, not to mention the history about it, just by picking it up? Then, however, his plan went wrong. Skull Kid went and stole it from him. So, he enlisted the help of our little friend in green, Link. He taught him the song of healing to help him on his journey. He helped him get back his ocarina because he somehow knew what it could do; he wanted his mask back. He was so attatched to it, he would follow it wherever it went.

And, I might be stretching it a bit, but... what if the Happy Mask Salesman is actually Dimentio? He could just be wearing a mask that gives him that form. I mean, Dimentio looks like he's wearing a mask, and we've never seen what he looks like with it off. We've even seen that some masks can make you transform... why not? He even teleports. Dimentio's is a little bit more creative, I guess you could say, but at the end of MM (and beginning, aparently) the HMS teleports. Any how could anyone belive that crap about "The evil being gone inside of the mask"?

But that leaves one missing piece. What happened to MM? Why would Dimentio need another Chaos Heart?

Anyhow, tell me what you think about this theory. It may seem a bit crazy at first, but if you look at all the facts, it all fits together!

(Holy crap, this is the longest post I've ever written o.0)

The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:19 pm   Reply with quote

Purple Kirby wrote:
And, I might be stretching it a bit, but... what if the Happy Mask Salesman is actually Dimentio?

XD
Toad House    
I'm back to being a
Hylian_Pixl
Burning

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:57 pm   Reply with quote

Strong Bad wrote:
Purple Kirby wrote:
And, I might be stretching it a bit, but... what if the Happy Mask Salesman is actually Dimentio?

XD

You never know, it could happen... Nintendo may be trying to tell us something! XD

The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:03 pm   Reply with quote

Purple Kirby wrote:
Strong Bad wrote:
Purple Kirby wrote:

XD

You never know, it could happen... Nintendo may be trying to tell us something! XD

What's next, my good man, Tingle is Bowser in a robot suit?
Toad House    
WHERE'S MY MASK!?
Happy Mask Salesman

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:10 pm   Reply with quote

Purple Kirby wrote:

I actually take quite an offense to that!
Happy Mask Salesman's Mask Shop    
I'm back to being a
Hylian_Pixl
Burning

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:22 pm   Reply with quote

Strong Bad wrote:
Purple Kirby wrote:
Strong Bad wrote:
Purple Kirby wrote:

XD

I wouldn't go that far. XD
((But you did know the Dimentio HMS thing was a joke, rite?))

I'm serious about the whole MM and CH thing though.

The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:18 pm   Reply with quote

Purple Kirby wrote:
Strong Bad wrote:
Purple Kirby wrote:
Strong Bad wrote:
Purple Kirby wrote:

XD

I wouldn't go that far. XD
((But you did know the Dimentio HMS thing was a joke, rite?))

I'm serious about the whole MM and CH thing though.

Bowser: BUY MY MAPS OR DAI!
Toad House    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario