digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Link > Toon Link
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:45 pm   Reply with quote

I like Toon Link better than Link because;
1: He's an unlockable character
2: He's cute.
3: His knockback is very bad. Yes, I like this. It helps deal more damage, and prevents retalitation more.
4: He is fast. And easy to dodge with.
Junk shop    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:57 pm   Reply with quote

Myst wrote:
And I can say that Toon link is a lot harder to master than link.
AHAHAHAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
A dude with blond hair.
Ultigonio

HP: 10 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:08 pm   Reply with quote

Myst wrote:
And I can say that Toon link is a lot harder to master than link.
I agreed with every point you made except that one. BECAUSE he is easily gimped, Link is tougher to master than Toon Link is. Same deal with Ness as to Lucas.
In fact, here's out it works out.

Link is powerful. Toon Link is functional

Ness is powerful. Lucas is functional.

Better than yours
Myst

HP: 20 MP: 4 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:22 am   Reply with quote

Guys, I have mained both of these characters, and I can tell you link is a lot less technical. Toon link has more techniques than link, and link's game doesn't go much beyond Upsmash, zair and nair, and the occaisonal arrow. I'm an experienced tourney player, and I've seen top link players play. I know how they work.

Tyler, if you're not going to back up your reasoning as to why Link is harder to master than toon link, then why post at all? A major reason why toon link is better than link is also in his tourney results. I've been told by many people that link's recovery is one of the worst in the game, and even the players who do well with link KNOW that Toon link is better and WILL argue their point even if they main the character.

Remember Ike when the game first came out? All around, he was coined as the cheapest character in the game, and was easier to master than Marth. Then, the game developed, and Marth became the better, easier to master character.

Ness is actually harder to gimp than lucas because his recovery goes faster and is deadly at anywhere above 30% for most characters. With Lucas you can usually just knock him out of his recovery and screw him over. I've played both of these characters before too.
Myst's Ownage Shop    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:40 am   Reply with quote

That is completely false buddy. Toon Link > Link. I main Toon Link. Hes smaller, faster, does more powerful attacks and he is just overall better. Your just probably not that good with him.

BTW, when are we gonna do a one on one?
Koop    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:51 pm   Reply with quote

Toon Link fails. Especially his dair and hookshot. Link's got quicker midair attacks, too.

Also, watch this Link gameplay:

Link is better. MUCH BETTER. IF YOU ACTUALLY BOTHER TO PLAY AS HIM INSTEAD OF TOON LINK BECAUSE EVERYONE USES HIM.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:57 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
Toon Link fails. Especially his dair and hookshot. Link's got quicker midair attacks, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLWVsnJcQR8

Link is better. MUCH BETTER. IF YOU ACTUALLY BOTHER TO PLAY AS HIM INSTEAD OF TOON LINK BECAUSE EVERYONE USES HIM.

Link was my main before Toon Link Mr. Its just a damn opinion, OK? People like Toon Link more then Link, so what? Some people are better with Toon Link then they are with Link. Its just a matter of taste. I personally think that Toon Link is better then Link. He suits me more. Anyways, when are we gonna do a one on one?
Koop    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:00 pm   Reply with quote

Uhh... I'm a little rusty but I guess we can play right now. I'm on. Shall we talk in the digibutter chat?
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Better than yours
Myst

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:11 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLWVsnJcQR8

I stopped taking that video seriously when it said level 9 cpus are good practice. Toon Link's dair and hookshot fail, sure. Except his grab comes out faster. Toon'links nair has more range and is quicker than link's. Toon link's fair is like an instant version of the third hit of link's. Toon link's Bair is the most reliable combo set up in the game. Uair has no difference.

Show me a decent link beating a decent toon link in a tournament format, then I'll believe you. I HAVE mained link before, so stop thinking it's bias.
Myst's Ownage Shop    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:42 pm   Reply with quote

Were you paying attention? He had a 300% damage handicap.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Better than yours
Myst

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:26 pm   Reply with quote

Good for him. Lvl 9s are extremely predictable and die to people with a lot of range. If he tried pulling that stunt with a pro TL, he'd be dead before the match started. Toon link is faster, more mobile, more comboable, better recovery. The only thing Link beats Toon link at is power, and when your powerful attacks are slow, you're not going to hit with them.

About the recovery making link harder to master thing; Wario has one of the best recoveries in the game, but a huge learning curve. Worse recovery /= harder to master.
Myst's Ownage Shop    
Piano Enthusiast
Yoshifan

HP: 99 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:03 am   Reply with quote

Spiny wrote:
But remember, beating Lvl9CPUs doesn't stack up to pure experience.

I've been experimenting with Link on and off.

I can only beat a lvl6 but i can beat my friends who can easily beat 3 lvl9s. It's my strategy. I never dodge/roll/shield.
The Bizarre Bazaar    
Some Random Guy
SuperBlah

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:38 pm   Reply with quote

I don't take the game THAT seriously, but I will say this: I have played as Link, and I have played as Toon Link. Everyone seems to just assume that TL's Dair is supposed to be a meteor smash. I rarely, if ever, use it for that. I just use it for mindgames.

Link's side smash is virtually useless compared to TL's. While Link's Dair makes for a better meteor smash, that isn't how I play; don't look at me for an answer to this one.

...Beyond that, I'm afraid you're asking the wrong Blah Guy. I play as Marth more than I do either of them, but I'll just say that whichever one you find is better depends entirely upon your strategy and that of your opponent. If you need that meteor smash, go for Link. If you want to be annoying, use TL. If you want more power, use Link. If you need better recovery and don't want to let your opponent move, use TL (but, personally, I'd recommend MK for this in particular Wink ).

The choice is yours.

EDIT: Found the right term for why I use TL's Dair. Thanks, Shedinja.

Last edited by SuperBlah on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:47 am; edited 2 times in total

Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:05 pm   Reply with quote

Spiritomb wrote:
I never dodge/roll/shield.
Uhh.

Worst "strategy" ever.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
RULE ONE OF FIGHT CLUB
Steve

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:37 pm   Reply with quote

Duude, liek, kirby is, liek *snort* bottum tear, and Link just, liek, sucks. *snort* ur ovvveusli gey *snort*
penis    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl