digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Court of the Raven Princess.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
MsDevin92

HP: 95 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:22 pm   Reply with quote

As a matter of fact, all of the ravens DID know she was there- Olivia hadn't felt it because of the little 'visit' she'd taken to Kraehe's Father, but the air of the Raven's presence hung thick over the castle, watching all of them. It was as if the demonic little birds had eyes everywhere. However, so as not to spoil her fun, they acted as oblivious as...well, most adults are when they're not paying attention to small children.

Kraehe was sitting at her throne at the back of the ballroom. If Olivia slipped around one of the pillars, she would be able to sneak up right beside her 'sister'...
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Ocelot
Twytch

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:25 pm   Reply with quote

Olivia stealthily crept along the pillars and back of the ballroom, approaching Kraehe's throne but not intending to let her 'see' her doing it. She was here to watch, as all children do in the matters of adults.
Outer Heaven    
MsDevin92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:25 pm   Reply with quote

Kraehe stood up.

"We have a job to do."
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Dark Lord Eternal
Dragus

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:37 pm   Reply with quote

A small chill filled the already cool air. Small wisps of air collected around the area devoted to the Raven. Following a small gust of fell wind, shadows burst from the shrine of the Raven. A swarm of ravens, surrounded in pulsating, black wisps of energy poured forth like a torrent of black water. The ravens, crimson eyes blazing and wings filling the area around the altar with thunderous noise all poured into a single, small area. The ravens appeared to dematerialize into a black mist as they all began to capitulate to a single spot upon the Raven's altar. The small cloud of black mist shifted, and a figure emerged from it.

The being was completely covered in a cloak, black as night, with ebony feathers lining it. The cloak and its feathers lightly billowed about the figure, an eerie presence filling the air around him. Folded against his back were two huge black wings, which wrapped behind him blended in almost perfectly with his cloak. The being's hood was the visage of a raven, with faintly glowing red eyes. Nothing could be seen in the hood, within the mouth of the raven's head, save for endless blackness.

Large black feathers hung like tassles from the edge of the cloak's sleeves, as well as the base. The being held an ebony staff, the top's ornament a red-eyed raven in flight.
The Black Citadel    
MsDevin92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:42 pm   Reply with quote

The princess smiled, her back still to the figure.

"I knew Father wouldn't abandon me at such an apex of triumph."
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Dark Lord Eternal
Dragus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:45 pm   Reply with quote

The being silently stepped forward and took his place at Krahe's side.
The Black Citadel    
Ocelot
Twytch

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:46 pm   Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Olivia was hiding at her other side. At the mention of her 'father', she sprang from her hiding place and forgot that she was trying to actually be stealthy.

"Wh-what about daddy?!" she asked.
Outer Heaven    
MsDevin92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:51 pm   Reply with quote

She nodded at him, before addressing the waiting throngs of raven-people.
"My prince has been brought back to me...back to us...but he is not complete. His heart is missing, no doubt at the meddling of that pathetic knight trying to stop the story."
She smirked.
"But it seems that he's forgotten what he knows in the end to be true. The Prince will be saved. And he will come into our full embrace...Be part of us. Just as it's meant to be."
Kraehe lifted a hand, revealing a small black box in her palm. It swung open, and the pinprick of red light inside shone with such an intensity that the ravens in the rafters went wild, cawing and flapping their wings.
"We already have one piece- his feeling of anger. Now, all we need to do is find the rest..."

There were triumphant caws, waves of the wings. Already, flocks could be seen departing the castle in every which direction through the arching windows...

When Olivia spoke, Kraehe turned to her, the box distinigrating in her hand.
"Father's given us a chance to save my beloved Prince, Olivia."
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Dark Lord Eternal
Dragus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 pm   Reply with quote

The princess had issued the hunt for the heart of Mythos. The being looked on silently as the vicious flocks filled the skies. The task of the most powerful of the Raven's agents, Nevermoor, was ultimately to ensure the safety and sucessful ambitions of the Raven's "beloved daughter".
The Black Citadel    
MsDevin92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:39 pm   Reply with quote

(Timeskip, I suppose.)

Kraehe was now pacing one of the hallways in the castle, looking out the window...
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Dark Lord Eternal
Dragus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:45 pm   Reply with quote

A small flock of ravens bathed in black, wisping matter flew into the castle, phasing through the window as though it wasn't there. They flew into a single spot, Nevermoor materializing.

As he turned to face Krahe, he extended his arm out to his side, six hearts he had collected detaching and falling from it into the hands of two raven men, who then took them into the shrine to feed to the Raven.

"I confronted the young girl who plagues you. I battered and scourged her, but the shard vanished, my princess."
The Black Citadel    
MsDevin92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:49 pm   Reply with quote

"...Vanished?"
Kraehe turned to the Nevermoor, looking genuinely confused.
"...It can't just vanish. Mytho didn't regain the feeling, and Tutu can't...She..."
She paused, then slammed her fist into a wall, frustrated.
"I WON'T have her slipping between our fingers like this!"
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Dark Lord Eternal
Dragus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:52 pm   Reply with quote

"Then it is unexplained..."

Nevermoor paused.

"The next time we meet, she shall die, if it is your will."
The Black Citadel    
MsDevin92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 pm   Reply with quote

"We can't have her die. Father needs her. She is the only one who can make a shattered heart whole again. We can take the pieces, but we cannot connect them. And without his pure side to be tainted, my Prince will be of no use to us.

However...that doesn't mean she can't suffer."
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Dark Lord Eternal
Dragus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:01 pm   Reply with quote

"So that troublemaker is also the one..."

He paused.

"Can anything be inferred from the disappearance of the shard? What is the condition of Prince Mythos?"
The Black Citadel    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play