digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Simsmagic '08.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm   Reply with quote

This is moreorless edited from the Anti-Simsmagic site.

As a candidate, in order to truly get any votes, the people need to know what they will get when they are elected. Let me tell you some of the things that I will strive to make happen if I become president.

1. More Site Events
I've noticed lately that many people are calling the place "boring", and some people only coming for friends or for certain parts of the site. Well, that just won't do. So, in order to help increase overall site morale and decrease the number of people leaving, the first thing I will strive for is More Site Events. I shall try to increase three things that the site lacks: Parties, Plots, and Participation, otherwise known as PPP (No relation to Potter Puppet Pals. Seriously). This shall be explained in greater detail over the future.

2. Threatening Punishments
The punishment system is improving, and the spamming rate has gone down recently, so I retract my earlier statement saying that we remove the jail. It works fine, but still, more threatening punishments should be placed for the users who are commonly jailed, such as if a member is jailed more than three times in one month, they are tempbanned for twelve hours each third strike. This is, of course, only a suggestion and is still up for change.

3. More User Shop Features
This one doesn't need much explaining, but basically, the current options available for creating your own items are kind've limited. So, I believe we should have more features available for us to customize such as, for example, the ability for an item to be used a certain number of times and then disappear, which could create better weapons such as guns. Another example would be "Elemental Items and Attributes". Under this, members would be allowed to choose from a dropdown list of elements such as "Fire, Water, Earth, Ice, etc." and create items for those elements. If the item used is the same element as the caster, it's power automatically becomes 1.5x. Then, if the item has an advantage over the victim's element, the power increases by another 0.5x. If an item is weak against the victim's element, the power drops by 1.0. Meaning if an item is used that is not the same element as the caster and is weak against the victim, it does no damage.

This is only the beginning, my friends. I still need your opinions on what I should fight for.

OPINIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED KTHXBAI.

Last edited by Aggrieved on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:24 pm   Reply with quote

Thank you all once again for ignoring me and proving me worthless. ilua2~
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:33 pm   Reply with quote

Your goals are pure, your motives are excellent, and your face is there...

You, sir, are an excellent candidate.
Temple of I    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:59 pm   Reply with quote

I'll vote you if I don't end up starting the Rhino Party of Digibutter for the lulz. You share most of my REAL views on the site.
A Bucket of Stuff    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:13 pm   Reply with quote

Promises Are Commonly Given by Candidates. This is today's subject for debate.

Most candidates earn votes by giving promises to the common demands of the people. What is a promise? According to dictionary.net, a promise is:

http://www.dictionary.net/promise wrote:
In general, a declaration, written or verbal, made by one person to another, which binds the person who makes it to do, or to forbear to do, a specified act; a declaration which gives to the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act.

This states that the candidate will, with a 100% chance, make it happen. Will they? More than likely, no. People can promise whatever the hell they want. If I promised you that I’d throw the moon into the sun, would it happen? Of course not. It’s impossible. If a candidate makes a million promises in their speech, the people’s expectations will reach unfulfillable levels. Then, it all starts crashing down on them when their words don’t happen. If you search my speech, I never use the word “promise” in that type of language. Yet, if you look at most other speeches, they’re practically littered with “promise”. They shouldn’t be trusted, as most likely, they will not fulfill every single promise.

This is a Simsmagic report. Written and posted on digibutter.nerr on 10-06-08 at 5:12 PM Eastern Time.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:20 pm   Reply with quote

Do you really think the site is that bad right now for us to raise the punishment level?

It's not like we have that much spamming or flamming to even justify it, hell might as well just toss out the strike system and move to warnings and jailings.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:22 pm   Reply with quote

Simsmagic wrote:
Promises Are Commonly Given by Candidates. This is today's subject for debate.

Most candidates earn votes by giving promises to the common demands of the people. What is a promise? According to dictionary.net, a promise is:

http://www.dictionary.net/promise wrote:
In general, a declaration, written or verbal, made by one person to another, which binds the person who makes it to do, or to forbear to do, a specified act; a declaration which gives to the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act.

This states that the candidate will, with a 100% chance, make it happen. Will they? More than likely, no. People can promise whatever the hell they want. If I promised you that I’d throw the moon into the sun, would it happen? Of course not. It’s impossible. If a candidate makes a million promises in their speech, the people’s expectations will reach unfulfillable levels. Then, it all starts crashing down on them when their words don’t happen. If you search my speech, I never use the word “promise” in that type of language. Yet, if you look at most other speeches, they’re practically littered with “promise”. They shouldn’t be trusted, as most likely, they will not fulfill every single promise.

This is a Simsmagic report. Written and posted on digibutter.nerr on 10-06-08 at 5:12 PM Eastern Time.

Note the word try in almost everybody's campaigns...
Die4Less Corp.    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:09 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Do you really think the site is that bad right now for us to raise the punishment level?

It's not like we have that much spamming or flamming to even justify it, hell might as well just toss out the strike system and move to warnings and jailings.
Admittedly, the before post is outdated, considering that it was copypasted here before MeowMod and the Court were established. I'll edit it momentarily to be more up-to-date.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:22 pm   Reply with quote

Also I have to say, your opinions towards candidate promises are more than a little pessimistic. I for one do not make promises I do not intended to keep. I do not promise radical change, merely change enough to justify electing me. I do not promise that my plans will go unchanged or that they will not stray down a different path before they are finally implemented, but I do promise that I will get shit done.

Surely you cannot say I take careful consideration before using the word "promise."
Popple's Secret Hideout    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections