digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Let's face Facts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
Megamaw
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:39 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:

Not anymore.

I have happy pills now.
I have sad pills now. =(
Knick-Knack Shack    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:15 am   Reply with quote

Safer Sephibotnik wrote:
Popple wrote:
Dragus wrote:
What are you thinking about the RP boards?

I want to leave RPOT the same as it is right now, but I want to try to get these bigger month long plots I'm starting to get some more publicity so some of the people who want a more serious plot and the people that just want to screw around can both be satisfied with RPOT.

I mostly will make changes in RP.

RPOT is a more casual RP forum, so I see no reason why we can't blow RP up into a hardcore RP forum. It's pretty much dead, and I rather have the semi-serious plots going on in it now in RPOT anyway.
My main complaint is that all the well thought out topics get ignored, while the completely crappy ones get all the attention.

That is a problem of the community, not something any amount of rule changing or programming can fix.

I could set up rules, but I'm sure they'd just get shot down like last time.

Megamaw wrote:
Popple wrote:

Not anymore.

I have happy pills now.
I have sad pills now. =(

Popple's Secret Hideout    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:18 am   Reply with quote

What do you plan to do about the Arcade and, more importantly, the Search function?
The Highwind Goods Store    
Megamaw
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:49 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Megamaw wrote:
Popple wrote:

Not anymore.

I have happy pills now.
I have sad pills now. =(

[img]http://penny-arcade.com/images/2008/20080208.jpg[/imgolol]
I have OCD and I still laughed.
Knick-Knack Shack    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:45 pm   Reply with quote

Cid wrote:
What do you plan to do about the Arcade and, more importantly, the Search function?

I think the only appeal of the arcade is the highscores, and that is because people want to be recognized for their achievements.

I think an achievement like system involving titles or trophies, or something else like that, could cancel out the arcade and satisfy everyone.

The problem with the arcade is that the game that can work with it aren't really the best flash games on the internet, and people really shouldn't have to pay coins to play them.

And as for the search function, I really want to push for the old format, because it is nearly impossible to find old posts unless you spend an hour searching through old posts.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:05 am   Reply with quote

Thank you for your honest reaction, Popple. It was in no way my ambition to insult you as a person, I merely wanted you to restate your position as I had some questions.

Fancy formulations aside - you talked clear stuff, I'll talk clear stuff.

This election is a load of bollocks. Most people joined for the heck of it, it quickly became a race of useless promises (as far as I am aware the president suggests ideas and relates problems to Francis and then possibly fixes them.) - spam forums, new boards, a pony farm, etc, and as any position at Digibutter that is appointed by public, it seems to have become all about popularity, not qualifications.

The only thing I now disagree with is your... spicy style of talking, but hey, express yourself. You get my effing' vote. Well done.

P.S. I seriously didn't want to offend you; I just have trouble with that sort of humor.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
King Of Koopas
KingBowserKoopa

HP: 94 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:46 am   Reply with quote

I'm voting for who is best for the job...this isn't a popularity contest.

-K.B.K.

RULE ONE OF FIGHT CLUB
Steve

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:48 am   Reply with quote

KingBowserKoopa wrote:
I'm voting for who is best for the job...this isn't a popularity contest.

-K.B.K.
Vote for Popple or I'll come to your house and pelt you with rocks. :awesome:
penis    
King Of Koopas
KingBowserKoopa

HP: 94 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:56 am   Reply with quote

Hmmm......

You, sir, are intolerable. I will vote for whomever I choose.

-K.B.K.

Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:38 am   Reply with quote

So if this isn't a popularity contest, why do you choose people based on their appeal as a person to you ? That is the definition of popularity.

This should be about skill, not sliming.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:06 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Cid wrote:

I think the only appeal of the arcade is the highscores, and that is because people want to be recognized for their achievements.

There was the whole coin motivation, as well. The Arcade would be a useful tool under a working economy.

Quote:
The problem with the arcade is that the game that can work with it aren't really the best flash games on the internet, and people really shouldn't have to pay coins to play them.

What if, say, Francis could accept user-created game submissions, such as Plastic Mario's franis game?

Quote:
And as for the search function, I really want to push for the old format, because it is nearly impossible to find old posts unless you spend an hour searching through old posts.

The forum search is definitely a necessity that every campaign needs to strive for. It is swell to see that my competition acknowledges this, as well.
The Highwind Goods Store    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:16 pm   Reply with quote

Here, here Cid. Member created games would be a great addition.

But swallow this. What if instead of the Arcade proceeding being deleted, the game maker got the coins thrust into the machine?

As well, I don't think people should make money from games. I much rather support post money and activity within the site.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:22 pm   Reply with quote

You look like the best choice. The problem is some people don't like you that much.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:30 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
You look like the best choice. The problem is some people don't like you that much.
Yes, but then again, you have to consider the other candidates. I'm falling off the face of the Earth, true, but I've got a good "Top 5" spot just on name alone. That'll knock off a bit of votes from the Cid/Goomba effort, one of the two 'extremely serious' efforts we see in this contest of popularity, then other candidates on my level, then a few below, and then the joke candidates. These detract more points from Cid/Goomba than Popple, thus making the thief generally sneak ahead on his opponents' weaknesses.

But hey, let's all party before the results go up, shall we?
Temple of I    
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:38 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
Yup pretty much this.

I hate it when good candidates are ignored and shoved to the side over emotions or whatever. >_>
Hammerspace    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections