digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Deniziens !

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:55 pm   Reply with quote

Even though I see this election with mixed feelings, I have decided to run in it.

I cannot promise a thing, as I am unsure about the extend of the power the position of President would put in my hands; Francis has, to my knowledge, only said that he would be relating between members and Francis, as he feels he does not heed the people's needs.

I haven't prepared a speech, and I have only a position so far as I have my conscience; those enclined to do so may search through my old posts to find my disposition.

I hope for a fair and good election.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Yoshio
Yoshio

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:01 pm   Reply with quote

not gonna vote for you because you are opposed to the addition of a spam board, somthing this forum now desperately needs and that the majority of the member base wants

recalling the days of the dump, talk about living in the past

(you dished out plenty of these types of posts in the other candidates topics)
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:04 pm   Reply with quote

I only stated my opinion, which I beleive is my right.

Also, I think that at the moment, the position of presidents holds no power and therefore cannot promise a board.

I ask you, however - WHY do you think we need a spam board ? What benefit would it have, and would it alleviate the additional hosting costs ? Would it make spam and idiotic topics leave without a trace, and cause the members to behave better outside of it ?

EDIT: Anyway, thanks for your opinion.

EDIT 2: What harm is it to recall the past ? Being human is all about learning from experience, and in the past days, The Dump was detrimental to the average forum quality - at least, that is what I observed.
Yoshio
Yoshio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:10 pm   Reply with quote

a spam board is needed because the court is filled with cases where members are accused of posting spam in off topic when their posts are usually mearly slight deviations from the topic

we need a place where members won't need to worry about getting striked for every little thing

a spamboard will be a place where rules are loose and members can relax and have a bit of light hearted fun
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:40 pm   Reply with quote

As an alternative plan - Instead of a spam board, I would suggest a review of the definition of spam. If you are unhappy with the current regualtions and think that the rules are too strict or wrongly enforced, then bringing this matter up to the top brass would be the job of the president.

Instead of something so drastic as opening a whole new board and dumping the rules, would you think a transparent review committee with a public vote/discussion would be better ?

The job of the president is to relate matters of the community to Francis so they may be changed by him, and if there is a large percentage behind you wanting lighter rules, we could discuss that.
Yoshio
Yoshio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:46 pm   Reply with quote

yes, a better understanding of what types of posts belong in off topic is needed

and I believe the addition of a spam board will help people learn what is meant to be posted in the off topic forum
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:03 pm   Reply with quote

In that sense, I think you are not being coherent.

If we have a spam board, there would be no need for Off Topic. Off Topic was created from the remains of the Spamboard which had failed horribly and threatened to overwhelm the whole site. The rules today don't even restrict Off Topic much, they just keep it in balance. There isn't anything that "belongs" in Off Topic as much as there are only things that don't belong in any other forum.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections