digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Last Minute Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:20 pm   Reply with quote

Hello Candidates. I am here from Nerr News Network to help some fellow undecided voters and all voters have more information on the policies of all of you. I was hoping I could ask a few questions?

1. Will you establish a new system of rules, amend a few rules, or change none of the rules?

2. How will you end the Role-Play vs. Off Topic war, and many other conflicts?

3. Do you feel that anything needs to be changed about the structure of digibutter?

4. How will you help the nerrs who are sometimes ignored, to let their voices be heard?

5. What will the first thing that you will do when you get into office?

6. We know that some people who have joined the site, there have been more "depressions" in their lives. Sometimes it is caused by members here and is also contagious. Do you have a method of reducing the number of "depressions" ?

7. What do you believe is something that digibutter needs the most?

8. Would you try to create activities that would bring nerrs closer to each other, or have any special events?

9. Will you work to bring newer items? What are a few of your ideas?

10. There are a few places in the forums that have been abandoned, Star Carnival and Tournaments, are examples. How do you feel about this? Do you have any plans for these features?

Thank You.
Troopa's Treats    
Flavio Twitch Boobs
Super Hario

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:54 pm   Reply with quote

ohai troopa

Jr. Troopa wrote:
Hello Candidates. I am here from Nerr News Network to help some fellow undecided voters and all voters have more information on the policies of all of you. I was hoping I could ask a few questions?

1. Will you establish a new system of rules, amend a few rules, or change none of the rules? The rules are fine as they are, but I would like to make a few rules more clearly stated, such as rules on flamebaiting and spamming.

2. How will you end the Role-Play vs. Off Topic war, and many other conflicts? [b]That war ended a long time ago. I don't believe it's a current issue. However, if it were, I'd step up the punishments on those who argue about them in a non-civil manner.

3. Do you feel that anything needs to be changed about the structure of digibutter? Check the debates board; all my answers are there.

4. How will you help the nerrs who are sometimes ignored, to let their voices be heard? Well, if elected, they could always choose to be heard through me. Otherwise, I can't really give special treatment to one single user.

5. What will the first thing that you will do when you get into office? See what the community wants the most.

6. We know that some people who have joined the site, there have been more "depressions" in their lives. Sometimes it is caused by members here and is also contagious. Do you have a method of reducing the number of "depressions" ? There's not much I can do, other than keeping it in blogs, or be an asshole and restricting drama-spreading to PM's.

7. What do you believe is something that digibutter needs the most? A better punishment system and more community-oriented ideas.

8. Would you try to create activities that would bring nerrs closer to each other, or have any special events? Yes, I would like to have more plots such as the recent Candle Jack one.

9. Will you work to bring newer items? What are a few of your ideas? Of course, items are the basis of the economy. I would try to establish a badge system, once Francis thinks of a new battle system.

10. There are a few places in the forums that have been abandoned, Star Carnival and Tournaments, are examples. How do you feel about this? Do you have any plans for these features? I plan to renovate inactive forum, and in some cases combine them.

Thank You. no u
The Little Shop of Hario    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:06 pm   Reply with quote

I believe this song is deserving. Anyway, let's go down the list o' fun, shall we?

1. If, by rules, you mean the standards on which the moderators judge posts by, then yes, I'm going to amend a few mistakes. There are randomly ramblonic posts that really serve little to no purpose, there's flame that goes unchecked, there's hidden hatred and conflict, there's topics locked, but unstriked. There's also almost NO PUNISHMENT WHATSOEVER in the current system. So yeah, I'm going to fix a few things, to make sure that those who stray from the path of golden butterflies can flutter back upon the wings of a Nimbi.

2. Conflict is inevitable. It's best to address that immediately. Simply put, there will always be feuds between different members that associate themselves with different things, and there's always going to be a lingering effect upon members who were here for the first disagreement (RPOT Vs OT). However, if we're able to stabilize this, then the problems can be subdued, or the cries for blood can fall upon deaf ears. Community building activities - ones that all can enjoy - shall be my personal key to stopping this problem. Maybe a few controlled debates on matters like that as well.

3. There are plenty of forums that need to be deleted, a lot of things that need to be reorganized, and generally, the site needs to have new life breathed into it. So yeah, new structure is totally necessary, though I think I have a good foundation in mind.

4. ALL VOICES ARE EQUAL. Sure, I have preferences, but I have only about two, maybe three members I seriously dislike. I'm pretty lenient, in that respect. I often reply to everything I receive, and if I disagree, I'll willingly discuss everything with you. ^^

5. The first thing I'll do when I get into office...probably thank everyone that made it possible. Then enjoy a bit of life, start socializing and mingling more with members, and then totally crack down on the issues with a basic list compiled for Francis.

6. Depressions? We've been doing really well with those, I thought. Anyway, I'm always here to lend a helping hand, whether I'm elected or not. Anyway, with an overall site entertainment boost, we should be seeing less of that. Otherwise, member TLC is the only thing that'll really heal the ravaged soul.

7. Digibutter needs its groove back. I mean that literally and figuratively (Francis, get back on DDR and MOVE IT!). But really, we need some fun activities and that video game character feel digibutter had before. Just some rather enjoyable events, a few subtle changes, and badda bing, badda boom, we've got a fresh new site!

8. Considering that's pretty much the cornerstone of my campaign...yeah, I've got quite a few ideas in mind.

9. Really, there are a lot of people who know the site's current features a lot better than me. I'll vocalize their opinions for items if I think they're absolutely awesome. Until the new attack system is in place, I have nothing. Though I do think that Status Effects are a definite must (Poison, Shrink, Frozen, Asleep, Dizzy, Attracted...you know, the works).

10. Some forums, like Miyamojo and Mario Galaxy, have served their purpose. Others, like Star Carnival and Tournaments, just need new life breathed into them. I'm already trying to work in gambling to help make the economy jumpin' again, and tournaments are really self-sustained by word-of-mouth. So yeah, I'm going to add a bit of hype to the forums. ^^
Temple of I    
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:29 am   Reply with quote

Jr. Troopa wrote:

1. Will you establish a new system of rules, amend a few rules, or change none of the rules?
While the rules themselves are satisfactory, the way they are enforced needs to change. I propose that mods have the ability to judge court cases as well as no coin fines and harsher punishments if a court case is found guilty than if they plead guilty. That is not to say the rules are perfect, but they are quickly growing and correcting themselves already.

2. How will you end the Role-Play vs. Off Topic war, and many other conflicts?
As far as I am aware, that particlar conflict died some time ago. In the event of another conflict, however, I would attempt to stop the fighting by enforcing punishments on flaim and flaimbait.

3. Do you feel that anything needs to be changed about the structure of digibutter?
Apart from a bit of tidying up when it comes to dead/dying boards, I believe the site is structually sound. I would, however, make some minor changes such as bringing the search back.

4. How will you help the nerrs who are sometimes ignored, to let their voices be heard?
Everyone who comes to me for help shall be heard equally. From a new member who has been here 3 days, to a veteran who registered within the first few weeks of Digibutter's life, I shall listen to them all. Nobody shall go unheard.

5. What will the first thing that you will do when you get into office?
Check my PM inbox. Whatever the community wants most shall be what I act on first.

6. We know that some people who have joined the site, there have been more "depressions" in their lives. Sometimes it is caused by members here and is also contagious. Do you have a method of reducing the number of "depressions" ?
Francis already successfully slowed most of the drama by creating blogs, and there are now less 'depressions' than before. Sadly, I do not have a way for reducing the drama further at this time.

7. What do you believe is something that digibutter needs the most?
I am not entirely certain what this site needs most. There are many things to be fixed, and many things to be added, I cannot tell which is the most important. I'm sure the community will know, however, which is the first I should work on.

8. Would you try to create activities that would bring nerrs closer to each other, or have any special events?
I would like to have more plots and events, as I believe that they are fun and are a unique part of this site. I would also like to arrange things to that members in other timezones can participate in parties and plots.

9. Will you work to bring newer items? What are a few of your ideas?
In order to have items, they need to have a use - battling. One of the several things I would ask Francis to allocate more of his coding time to the new battle system he has reputedly been working on, so that battling items and coins can all recieve new life.

10. There are a few places in the forums that have been abandoned, Star Carnival and Tournaments, are examples. How do you feel about this? Do you have any plans for these features?
I'm certain all the dead and dying boards can be changed in some way, but whether I choose to kill them or alter them to bring new life is the desicion of the users.

Thank You.
Gold Prognosticus' Golden Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections