digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Congratulations to President Cid!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Announcements
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:20 am   Reply with quote

It was a great election. Many great candidates and many strong campaigns, but only one can be President. And that member is Cid!

Cid has come a long way to get to this position. He has been a member almost since the site began (when he went by the name "Lord Crump"). He has also served as a moderator, which gave him an up-close and personal look at digibutter's issues. I'm sure President Cid is eager to get to work, but lets give him some time to adjust to this new position.

Also, as a side note, we now have a Voting forum, for site-wide polls. Expect a new poll soon, and maybe a way to create your own.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Oh fuck.
Flar3 Luigi
Vampire

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:22 am   Reply with quote

CONGRATS CID :DThough, I wanted Baby Daisy to win... oh well.
Flar3's antiques of Ph1r3.    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:29 am   Reply with quote

Wouldn't this be the time to...I dunno, actually outline what the president does?
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:48 am   Reply with quote

Uhhhh...alright, it was a good campaign and...holy crap. o.o

Do we even HAVE 123 active members?! I'm sorry, I just find this incredibly unlikely, and not just because I was killed.

All respect to the guy, but...I really, REALLY dislike his campaign. He's intelligent and powerful, yeah, but this is DIGIBUTTER, A FREAKIN' MARIO FANSITE! So many rules and regulations...I don't think we can remember who we are.

I know I'm dead (curse Baby Daisy and Paper Peach for having absolutely incredible campaigns!). However...does anyone just look at these results and go, "HUH!? What's-a goin' on ova dere?" I'm sorry, this just creeps me out, and I can't really even save face with my "nice guy" campaign. I just...

Yeah, I know I probably got a few votes stuffed for me, too. But...this is just kind of...look, digibutter's a community of about 30-45 members tops at a time, with about twelve drifting in or out. I'll admit this: I want this election bad, and I love Goomba and Cid to death as members, but their campaign just...some of the ideas I never wish to touch are touted there. So, HOW THE HELL DOES THIS THING GET 123 VOTES?! IT MAKES NO *crag*ING SENSE!

I'm sorry, I just REALLY needed to rant. This election went from fun to Gamefaqs Character Battle to...whatever THIS happens to be. Personally...yeah, this kind of feels like a big middle finger to me. People who the election won't benefit are voting, or people are rigging results. And that's not *crag*ing right! It's unfair!

...and digibutter is SUPPOSED to be fair. It's supposed to be what life isn't: fun. And I wanted to make it fun. The current results show, unless Francis can prove me wrong, in which case I'll probably be praising Cid by tomorrow morning, but just...just...

WTF, MATE?!
Temple of I    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:56 am   Reply with quote

Mister I, we probably do have a lot more active members than 30-40. Maybe you didn't win because you didn't truly know how big this site was for you. ( THOUGH I DID LIKE YOUR IDEAS ON RP A LOT BETTER. >:[ )

Good job Cid. :D
The Carmadox Party    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:58 am   Reply with quote

Really? In digi's most active time, I only see, like, 30. Add in those we have around the world, and still, it's only really 45. Still, a low enough number for everyone to know about everyone else. And a few of our members who are active are currently absent. Yeah, we have quite a few, but not about 123! I do have to call some BS on that remark.

Still, congrats to Cid, sorry, I needed to let that out. I disagree with you...well, a lot...but, as a human being, you are excellent. Lead us to a new era of glory, and I'll kill you in the elections next year! Until then, stay beautiful! ^^
Temple of I    
Oh fuck.
Flar3 Luigi
Vampire

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:59 am   Reply with quote

Some of those people who were voting were alts. >.>
Flar3's antiques of Ph1r3.    
bloodthirstypedomonster
Barry the Pixl
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:01 am   Reply with quote

Yeah...the 123 votes was kinda weird. But I'm glad Cid won. Congrats on pres, Cid.
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:15 am   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
Really? In digi's most active time, I only see, like, 30. Add in those we have around the world, and still, it's only really 45. Still, a low enough number for everyone to know about everyone else. And a few of our members who are active are currently absent. Yeah, we have quite a few, but not about 123! I do have to call some BS on that remark.

Still, congrats to Cid, sorry, I needed to let that out. I disagree with you...well, a lot...but, as a human being, you are excellent. Lead us to a new era of glory, and I'll kill you in the elections next year! Until then, stay beautiful! ^^

I don't think it's weird.

I still don't know where half of the people posting here *crag* came from.

But I have learned to cope with it.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:10 am   Reply with quote

Today (like everyday), about 300 different people will visit the site.
I don't think that is crazy to think that half of them are registered users, who would vote in the election.

I don't know who voted for who, but I can post a list of everyone who voted. I only noticed a few obvious alts, not enough to impact the election.

Edit: more stats:
All but 4 voters have over 50 posts.
78% of the voters have OVER 900 posts.

Last edited by Francis on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:22 am   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
yeah, this kind of feels like a big middle finger to me. People who the election won't benefit are voting, or people are rigging results. And that's not *crag*ing right! It's unfair!

ITT: Popularity contest gone wrong?

Congrats Cid.

I didn't read your campaign. Sad
Ornaments    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:12 pm   Reply with quote

Congratulations Cid! Looks like my vote went in the right direction.
The Domain of Secrets    
greenkirby
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:23 pm   Reply with quote

I knew either him or Baby Daisy would win.
greenkirby's Shop    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:36 pm   Reply with quote

Okay, then let's place an order for two new mods.

I vote Mister I, and Kamek/Crazy Cody as the new mods.

Anyways, congrats Cid. Better luck next time Mister I.
PSI and more    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:37 pm   Reply with quote

There is definantly a lot more members than 45, trust me. I was able to list 70 of them right off the bat. But anyways, congrats Cid!
Shop of Stev-0    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Announcements