digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Shitload of new FFXIII Info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:13 am   Reply with quote

It is interesting to note that- at the end of both trailers- the actual in-game graphics were shown. Yes, they're that good.

I anticipate both with great intensity. From how they look, they are probably going to shake the foundations of the RPG genre.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:43 am   Reply with quote

Yup. And guess what? THE SUMMONS RETURN!!!! I got kinda pissed off at what Square did with XII, since I wanted Ifrit and the like.
The Town of Lix    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:55 am   Reply with quote

Apparantly, according to whoever posted the image, the various commands translate to "fight," "launch," "fire," "cure," and others.

The battle system looks very dynamic. This game is going to be *crag* schweet.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:19 am   Reply with quote

I actually saw these like a week ago. Someone apparently ripped it off a DVD, and if Squenix finds out, they'll probably delete all the videos. So better enjoy them while they last. BTW, I put them on mah PSP too. Smile I've seen them about 3 times, great trailers.

Don't forget the FF XIII Agito trailer.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/12/15/direct-feed-ff-agito-and-3rd-birthday-trailers/

BTW Cid, Congratulations on passing my brothers Final Fantasy obsession. You are now the crowned king.
Koop    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:28 am   Reply with quote

Super Scourge wrote:
The first one looks like a remake of Star Wars, and the blue haired guy in the second one looks like Cloud.

His hair is silver, and his name is Noctis. Actually, Tetsuya Nomura said that Lightning from FFXIII is a "female version of Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII." Noctis however, has nothing to do with Cloud.... Unless Square Enix decides to recycle their characters personality's. :O
Koop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:51 am   Reply with quote

Larry Koopa wrote:
Super Scourge wrote:
The first one looks like a remake of Star Wars, and the blue haired guy in the second one looks like Cloud.

His hair is silver, and his name is Noctis. Actually, Tetsuya Nomura said that Lightning from FFXIII is a "female version of Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII." Noctis however, has nothing to do with Cloud.... Unless Square Enix decides to recycle their characters personality's. :O
Noctis allegedly has a personality unlike any Final Fantasy character... I doubt that, but I hope it's unique.
Geno's Tree    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:04 pm   Reply with quote

Geno Claus wrote:
Larry Koopa wrote:
Super Scourge wrote:

Noctis allegedly has a personality unlike any Final Fantasy character... I doubt that, but I hope it's unique.
Apparently he's quiet. Not withdrawn like Squall or anything, but shy.
The Town of Lix    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:19 pm   Reply with quote

Bartz Klauser wrote:
Geno Claus wrote:
Larry Koopa wrote:
Super Scourge wrote:

Apparently he's quiet. Not withdrawn like Squall or anything, but shy.

I KNEW HE WAS ME. Seriously, everything about him reminds me of me. LOL.
Koop    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:56 pm   Reply with quote

Did I mention what the red-haired girl with pigtails is going to be named? You'll get a kick out of this. Her name is Vanilla. Well, Wolva-Daia Vanilla to be more accurate.

I liked the name she went by earlier- Sera- better. Oh well; I guess I'll get used to it. I thought Cloud was a weird name at first, too. lulz
The Highwind Goods Store    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:02 pm   Reply with quote

Epic Santa wrote:
Did I mention what the red-haired girl with pigtails is going to be named? You'll get a kick out of this. Her name is Vanilla. Well, Wolva-Daia Vanilla to be more accurate.

I liked the name she went by earlier- Sera- better. Oh well; I guess I'll get used to it. I thought Cloud was a weird name at first, too. lulz
So, it seems that Square has a random-name-generator? What do they do, toss in their role, and a list appears?

*several years ago...*
Nomura: Hmmm....what should I call him?

Generator: Enter role.

Nomura: Protagonist.

Generator: Tidus
Chicken
Fruity
Bananaface

Nomura: The choice is obvious! It must be Bananaface!
The Town of Lix    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:07 pm   Reply with quote

Bartz Klauser wrote:
Epic Santa wrote:

So, it seems that Square has a random-name-generator? What do they do, toss in their role, and a list appears?

*several years ago...*
Nomura: Hmmm....what should I call him?

Generator: Enter role.

Nomura: Protagonist.

Generator: Tidus
Chicken
Fruity
Bananaface

Nomura: The choice is obvious! It must be Bananaface!

They may; but hey, at least it's making them bundles of cash.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:14 pm   Reply with quote

But hey, at least Nomura is a pretty good character designer.
The Town of Lix    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:38 pm   Reply with quote

Bumped, because of important new information.

The Japanese FFXIII site is up!

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/

You can hear new music tracks (Don't worry about it being unreadable; it's still easily viewable, despite being in a foreign language.) The soundtrack is going to be beautiful.

The most important thing about this news is that it shows FFXIII's release isn't too far off.
The Highwind Goods Store    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:22 pm   Reply with quote

Cid wrote:

You can hear new music tracks (Don't worry about it being unreadable; it's still easily viewable, despite being in a foreign language.) The soundtrack is going to be beautiful.

The most important thing about this news is that it shows FFXIII's japanese release isn't too far off.

Fixed.

I believe it was calimed to be released in the U.S. sometime in 2010. I think it was actually mentioned earlier in this topic, but I don't wanna check.

Oh well, so long as the game is *crag* awesome, I'm happy. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:54 pm   Reply with quote

bobz wrote:
Cid wrote:

The most important thing about this news is that it shows FFXIII's japanese release isn't too far off.

Fixed.

I believe it was calimed to be released in the U.S. sometime in 2010. I think it was actually mentioned earlier in this topic, but I don't wanna check.

Oh well, so long as the game is *crag* awesome, I'm happy. 3Neutral════׀

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the US version is going to be ready by 2009's holiday season. That's what I hope, at least.
The Highwind Goods Store    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews