digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I still hate the intro movie...
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:52 pm   Reply with quote

I like how people are ignoring that Melee had gameplay just as often as it did in Brawl's intro, and the first Smash Bros had scenes that were extremely close to the actual gameplay.
And personally, I thought the Melee intro was too over the top for what it was:A game with little plot where you play as a Nintendo Character to beat the shit out of other Nintendo Characters.
Gemstone Goods    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:54 pm   Reply with quote

Weegee wrote:
I hate the intro of Brawl. It's just so unepic, with spoilers of the SSE, and it doesn't have the announcer saying "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL!".

Maiq The Liar wrote:
...I mean, the first Smash Bros gave away all the secret characters in their intro.

Actually when you first play the game, you only see them all black for a second. So unless you have time to actually see them and it just came out when you first played it, then it's spoilers.

When we first rented SSB like two weeks after it came out, we already knew that Jigglypuff and Luigi were unlockable thanks to the intro. We didn't recognize Ness, since neither of us had even heard of EB at the time, and Captain Falcon caught us off guard because F-Zero is a racing game.
Tamriellic Titles    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:32 pm   Reply with quote

I once noted to someone that brawl doesn't need a flashy opening nor title screen because it's brawl. it's self explanatory. everyone already knows what it is. why have a flashy opening?
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
RAWRRAWRRAWRwithtophatlol
Sumakima Josindu

HP: 50 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:45 pm   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
I once noted to someone that brawl doesn't need a flashy opening nor title screen because it's brawl. it's self explanatory. everyone already knows what it is. why have a flashy opening?

We waited 2 years, patiently, so, we should at least see a good intro.

That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:52 pm   Reply with quote

Sumakima Josindu wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

We waited 2 years, patiently, so, we should at least see a good intro.

I surprised people care.

I actually enjoyed the inter, it's the title screen I considered lackluster.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl