digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

:(

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Ultimate...
Koopakiller

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:16 am   Reply with quote

I played my brawl so much it doesn't work anymore. It always says that the disc cannot be read anymore. so Ive cleaned it and cleaned it and then my dad cleaned it. My dad and I try this almost all day! still dont work no more! *CRAG*
Koopakiller's Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:36 pm   Reply with quote

You can't overplay a disc. That's next to impossible unless your console could actually overheat to the point where plastic melts. That won't happen unless you set your Wii on fire or something. My guess is that the disc is cracked or has a small scratch somewhere, a very faint unnoticable scratch screwed over my copy of Tales of Symphonia back in the day.

Now if it were SSB on the N64, it's possible. My brother played it for the average of 3 hours a day, including some 12-hour sprees and stuff. It took about two years of this before the game cartridge burned out on my brother, our old copy would automatically select Mario for 1P mode.

The thing is, discs and cartridges are two totally different things.
Tamriellic Titles    
The Ultimate...
Koopakiller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:39 am   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
You can't overplay a disc. That's next to impossible unless your console could actually overheat to the point where plastic melts. That won't happen unless you set your Wii on fire or something. My guess is that the disc is cracked or has a small scratch somewhere, a very faint unnoticable scratch screwed over my copy of Tales of Symphonia back in the day.

Now if it were SSB on the N64, it's possible. My brother played it for the average of 3 hours a day, including some 12-hour sprees and stuff. It took about two years of this before the game cartridge burned out on my brother, our old copy would automatically select Mario for 1P mode.

ok,I'll try something more abrasive
Koopakiller's Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:03 pm   Reply with quote

Koopakiller wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:

ok,I'll try something more abrasive

You might just want to use a Disc Doctor or something. Even a simple disc cleaning device may work if it turns out to be a small speck or something. Have you tried using it again?
Tamriellic Titles    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl