digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

An elaborately-made library
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:49 pm   Reply with quote

The man walked out of the aisle and to the librarian, book in hand. "Excuse me, but I was wondering if I could borrow this. I'm in dire need of something like this."
The Town of Lix    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:52 pm   Reply with quote

Eichi wrote:
Mr. Game & Watch wrote:
{{Wait, teleporting through something means not passing it? If there was a force field guarding soemthing, could I, if I had the ability to, teleport around it?}}

((Look, the idea is that you're not able to get in without permission from the Eichi. I know Jezebel is not likely to ask, but seriously. It's written on the wall as soon as you enter. When Eichi says no, it means no.))

"They're in the magic section, but I need you to sign something for me before I can allow you to enter, seeing as you are obviously a mage. It's a simple agreement to prevent misuse of the magic writings." She handed him a clipboard with a pen attached. On the clipboard was a paper that read "I, *your name here*, promise to use the books in the magic and ancient texts sections of the Universal Library of Knowledge solely for referencing and study material. I will not write down, photograph, or otherwise physically record the contents of these books. I will not read aloud incantations for spells. I will not check out spellbooks for the purpose of using them to cast spells. I will not damage the books in any way, shape or form. I will not steal the books. I will return any checked-out books on the specified date, or pay the fee for an overdue book. Signed, *your name here*"

{{k}}
Die4Less Corp.    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:57 pm   Reply with quote

She was ecstatic that someone was checking out a book. "Yes, sir. If you can just promise me you're using this for reference purposes only, I will gladly stamp the book and let you check it out."

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:05 pm   Reply with quote

"Would that involved casting the spell? 'Cause I lost my memory upon arriving here and all..."
The Town of Lix    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:11 pm   Reply with quote

She thought about it for a moment. "Well...in the case of healing magic, I suppose I can allow it to be cast. However, the rules of no copying the contents, damaging the book, and due dates still apply." She took the book, opened it up and flipped to the end, pulling out a card in a small pouch in the book. She stamped the current date onto the card, placed the card in the slot, then returned it to the man. "Thank you for visiting the Universal Library of Knowledge. Have a good day!" She smiled.

I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:14 pm   Reply with quote

Vaati used the band to get into the section that contained spell books filled with ancient magic and began searching for a certain book.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:15 pm   Reply with quote

He said "Thank you" to the librarian and walked off with the book.

((Memory, get!))
The Town of Lix    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:54 am   Reply with quote

((Bump/Timeskip. I intend on making this topic LIVE for a while...at least a few days.))

The next day, Eichi opened up the doors to the library once more. "Today's going to be a great day." She went back behind the counter and thumbed through her book.

Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:05 pm   Reply with quote

Vaati exited the section he was in holding a book and walked over to the counter and gently placed an ancient tome of ancient dark magic.

"I've been needing to study one of these tomes so I can better understand how dark magic users casted their spells and what not." Said Vaati.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:33 pm   Reply with quote

The man walked up to the counter of the library, but something about him was different, his stance, the way he walked, and in general, his voice. He walked up to the librarian, and said "Thank you. I am indebted to you. If you need any favors, simply ask using this, and I will come", sliding the book onto the counter. On top of the book was a circular lapis lazuli, with a strange rune on it.

"Let me ask you something else. Does your library carry any books regarding the Ancient Runes? These runes were symbols on my world created by divine activity. I am guessing something similar exists on this plane."
The Town of Lix    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:31 pm   Reply with quote

She first opened the book of dark magic and stamped the little card in the book before handing it back to Vaati. "Please return it within one week. Thank you for visiting the Universal Library of Knowledge." She then took the book the man had checked in, pulled out the card, and stamped next to the stamp she placed before, indicating that it had been returned on time. "I'm glad you were able to put this book to good use. As for ancient runes...Ancient texts section, rightmost column, top shelf. No title, but there's a green gemstone embedded in the spine of the book. Should be easy enough to find." She placed a red armband around the man's wrist and pointed towards the ancient texts section. "Same as with the magic section. Good luck!" She was amazed that there were people who actually wanted to learn! She was overjoyed with this, which was a stark contrast from her usual quiet, bookworm self. This race might be worthy of the gift after all...

Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:53 pm   Reply with quote

Vaati picked up his cap and the book then suddenly walked out.

When the time came to return the book it magically appeared on the counter undamaged and with a note from Vaati.

The note read "Thank you for allowing me to borrow this ancient tome. I would have returned it in person but I was busy with certain things."
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:04 pm   Reply with quote

A man walks in, nods a greeting to the librarian, and heads for the Magic section.

"..."

He prods the tape cautiously, and swears under his breath at the shock. Shaking out his hand, he goes back to speak with Eichi.

"...would your collection happen to include any books on healing craft?"
Buzzy Mart    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:36 pm   Reply with quote

"This library contains virtually every--I mean, it should have plenty of books about healing." She placed a blue wristband around the hat guy's right wrist. "Hold it up against the scanner, and you'll be let in."

BANJO KA-FREAKING-ZOOIE
top minion tails
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:52 pm   Reply with quote

*Walks in* this looks like a nice place.
Megatropolis    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic