digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

An elaborately-made library
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:20 pm   Reply with quote

The platinum-haired swordsman looked somewhat agitated upon hearing Cassie's voice.

For crying out loud, must all humans be so...brutish and pathetic?...This is interesting...a human able to use magic?, he thinks noting the person that was in front of him. Walking up to the counter, he asks:

"How do I get past that barrier over the Ancient Texts section?"
The Town of Lix    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:22 pm   Reply with quote

Cassie began to pick the books up from the floor and stack them on the counter. The stack was very lopsided.

"ME WANT BORROW THESE PLEASE?"
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Cherry
Scorwa Pheen/Linwa Slaj

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:23 pm   Reply with quote

She acknowledged the man who questioned her.

"Simple, just ask the librarian. It's just a special permission section. Didn't you read the rules?"
Console Merchandise    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:26 pm   Reply with quote

"I don't bother with rules" was all Lloyd said before heading to the librarian.
The Town of Lix    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:27 pm   Reply with quote

"Yes, sure! Take them! Just don't destroy them!" She stamped the little card in all of Cassie's requested books and gave them back in a neat stack. "Please, just leave and return them when they're due a week from now!" The things I put up with to give these people my gift... "Next!" She notices silver-hair. "You need to be wearing the appropriate armband and show it to the scanner to lower the barrier for you. I can give you one right now if you promise that you are using these for reference purposes only and will not copy the contents of the books."

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:29 pm   Reply with quote

"Of course. One thing I need to ask from you is this. Do you have any books detailing the history of humans in this land?"
The Town of Lix    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:30 pm   Reply with quote

Cassie took the big stack of books over to an empty corner of the library, and opened the first one.

"A," he bellowed loudly, reading the book aloud. "B. C. D. E. F. G. H. I. J. K. L. M. N. O. P. Q. R. S. T. U. V. W. X. Y. Z."

When he was done, he stood up and walked the book back over to the counter. "DONE WITH THIS ONE."

He went to his stack and picked up the next.
"R-E-D.... UHH... RED. YELLLL-LOW. BLUE. G-R-E-E-N GREEN."
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Cherry
Scorwa Pheen/Linwa Slaj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:36 pm   Reply with quote

Lloyd wrote:
"Of course. One thing I need to ask from you is this. Do you have any books detailing the history of humans in this land?"
"Calling anything in the Bitlands 'history' is stretching it, but yeah, there's definitely that kind of thing around here."
Console Merchandise    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:43 pm   Reply with quote

"Well, concerning this land, there's only one relatively new book, but about human history in general, I think--" She covered her ears at Cassie's noise. "I'm sorry, but I need a bit of time out. Here's your bracelet. Don't cause trouble." She quickly placed a red bracelet on Lloyd's right hand and went through a door behind her...which would lead to a soundproof room with several monitors displaying the library from different camera locations. "Much better..."

Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:52 pm   Reply with quote

Cassie sensed something was wrong. He stopped naming colors loudly.

"CASSIE DO SOMETHING WRONG?" he yelled out.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:59 pm   Reply with quote

Eichi sighed. "Might have been a bit hasty, but can anyone blame me?" She left the room a bit refreshed, and approached Cassie. "This is a library. Saying what you're reading is a bit...rude. Can you try to whisper it or not say it at all, please?"

Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:17 pm   Reply with quote

Meanwhile, Hatguy has settled down in a (relatively) quiet corner, and is examining the spells in the book he chose.

Simple, simple, idiotproof, simple, complex, very complex. Which is in itself not a problem. Yet...

He attempts a small cure-type spell, cupping the soothing fire in his palm. From the puzzled frown that crosses his face, he was expecting the result to be a good deal more impressive.
Buzzy Mart    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:46 am   Reply with quote

Eichi wrote:
Eichi sighed. "Might have been a bit hasty, but can anyone blame me?" She left the room a bit refreshed, and approached Cassie. "This is a library. Saying what you're reading is a bit...rude. Can you try to whisper it or not say it at all, please?"

"Okay," Cassie said in a normal voice, which was apparently whispering to him, considering that shouting was normal to him, and nobody would EVER want to hear what he sounded like when he actually considered himself to be shouting.

He continued, a bit quieter. "Pur-ple. Pink. Brown."
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:59 pm   Reply with quote

That certainly made Eichi happier. She went back behind her counter. "Study time..." Eichi opened her own book, then noticed Hatguy attempting a curing spell. She went over to him, book left open on the counter. "You seem to be a beginner concerning healing Artes, or rather, magic Artes in general. May I assist you in any way?"

Cherry
Scorwa Pheen/Linwa Slaj

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:38 pm   Reply with quote

Linwa sat down with a stack of books and a notepad that she had gotten somewhere between entering the Do Not Enter section and sitting down. She flicked a finger at the first book, mumbling "Minastol", causing it to jump to life and start turning it's own pages. She quietly began scribbling notes.
Console Merchandise    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic