digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

An elaborately-made library
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:28 pm   Reply with quote

As you enter the library, directly above you is a small sign with words written in cursive using paint. It reads "The Universal Library of Knowledge." On the nearest wall is a much larger sign. It reads, "The Universal Library of Knowledge is an institution created to foster minds and help those with low mental capacity learn. This library will not tolerate those who break the library rules. Rule breakers may be fined and permanently banned from the library. The rules are, but are not limited to: No fighting, no running, no yelling, no food or drink in library, no smoking in non-smoking sections, no magic, no artes, no eres, no alchemy, no shape-changing, no shape-shifting, no transformation, no transmutation. and the magic and ancient texts sections are off-limits to those without explicit permission from the librarian. Have a nice day." Past that is the actual library proper. Hundreds of rows of books, all separated by subject and title, ranging all forms of subjects, from food, agriculture, and etiquette, to history, geology, and macroeconomics. However, there were two rows with books that had police tape with the standard "Do not pass" message on them. The sides of the two rows read "Magic" and "Ancient texts".

Although she was the only one there, Eichi was hard at work behind the counter of the Library, looking through a computer database to ensure that all the books were accounted for, and ready with stamps for overdue, returned, and checked out books. "Please let the people come and use this library the way it's supposed to be..."

Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:32 pm   Reply with quote

*Trying not to be seen, Jezebel snuck into the do not pass area. She was looking for a certain text...*

Now, which one could it be...
Die4Less Corp.    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:34 pm   Reply with quote

The strangely-clad man was walking around, looking for the librarian.
The Town of Lix    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:49 pm   Reply with quote

Jezebel would find herself electrically shocked the moment she passed the tape by what was probably a powerful electric force field. When the tape said "Do not pass", it meant "Do not pass". Perhaps asking the librarian would help.

Hearing the shock, Eichi looked away from the computer at the poor victim, and sighed. "I just opened, and already I have someone breaking a rule..."

Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:52 pm   Reply with quote

*Stares at The Tape, then Lightly Breathes On It, Thus Freezing the Tape*

Heh... that should work... Now, to heal myself...

*Disappears From Sight*
Die4Less Corp.    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:52 pm   Reply with quote

Wisdom and Vaati entered the door.

Vaati headed for the one in charge while Wisdom got a few books and sat down and began reading.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:56 pm   Reply with quote

The man approaches the librarian, and asks, "Excuse me, do you know where I can find books detailing about a spell to cure amnesia?"
The Town of Lix    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:59 pm   Reply with quote

*She Reappeared Past the Frozen Tape, and Started Looking at the Books There*

Where is it... I have to hurry...
Die4Less Corp.    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:08 pm   Reply with quote

The tape had nothing to do with the force field, and was in fact one's only warning. The field was still in place, hence another shock was in order.

Eichi's eyes lit up as she saw the strange man follow the rules and ask her to help him find a book. "Amnesia cure? Magic section, middle-bottom shelf. "Magical remedies for common illnesses and conditions." She grabbed the man's right hand and placed a light blue armband around his right wrist. "You can now enter the magic section." She pointed directly under the "Magic" section label, where a scanner was located. "Hold it up to the scanner, and you can enter. Retrieve the book, and I'll let you check it out."

Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:11 pm   Reply with quote

Eichi wrote:
The tape had nothing to do with the force field, and was in fact one's only warning. The field was still in place, hence another shock was in order.

Eichi's eyes lit up as she saw the strange man follow the rules and ask her to help him find a book. "Amnesia cure? Magic section, middle-bottom shelf. "Magical remedies for common illnesses and conditions." She grabbed the man's right hand and placed a light blue armband around his right wrist. "You can now enter the magic section." She pointed directly under the "Magic" section label, where a scanner was located. "Hold it up to the scanner, and you can enter. Retrieve the book, and I'll let you check it out."

{{Wait, teleporting through something means not passing it? If there was a force field guarding soemthing, could I, if I had the ability to, teleport around it?}}
Die4Less Corp.    
Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:12 pm   Reply with quote

Wisdom placed a few books up and kept a book he had taken off a shelf and headed towards the counter with the book.

"Excuse me but do you have any tomes on ancient magic?" Asked Vaati.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:19 pm   Reply with quote

The man walked through the section on magic, and looked through the books, eventually finding the one he was looking for. He pulled it out, sat down by the shelf and started flipping through the book.
The Town of Lix    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:34 pm   Reply with quote

Mr. Game & Watch wrote:
{{Wait, teleporting through something means not passing it? If there was a force field guarding soemthing, could I, if I had the ability to, teleport around it?}}

((Look, the idea is that you're not able to get in without permission from the Eichi. I know Jezebel is not likely to ask, but seriously. It's written on the wall as soon as you enter. When Eichi says no, it means no.))

"They're in the magic section, but I need you to sign something for me before I can allow you to enter, seeing as you are obviously a mage. It's a simple agreement to prevent misuse of the magic writings." She handed him a clipboard with a pen attached. On the clipboard was a paper that read "I, *your name here*, promise to use the books in the magic and ancient texts sections of the Universal Library of Knowledge solely for referencing and study material. I will not write down, photograph, or otherwise physically record the contents of these books. I will not read aloud incantations for spells. I will not check out spellbooks for the purpose of using them to cast spells. I will not damage the books in any way, shape or form. I will not steal the books. I will return any checked-out books on the specified date, or pay the fee for an overdue book. Signed, *your name here*"

Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:40 pm   Reply with quote

Vaati took of his hat and pulled out a fountain pen and signed his name where they were needed then placed the pen back in the hat which was his hammerspace.

"Just to ensure you will not think I will steal any books I shall leave this with you." Vaati placed the Minish Cap on the counter.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:46 pm   Reply with quote

She grabbed onto Vaati's right arm and placed a half light red, half light blue wristband around Vaati's right wrist. "You'll find the scanners under the labels for the appropriate sections. Use the blue side for magic, and red for ancient texts. Bring whatever books you wish to check out here, and I'll issue them to you."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic