digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

An elaborately-made library
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:57 pm   Reply with quote

Cassie went over to Linwa, who happened to be the person nearest him. He held up a board book showing the picture of a red square.

"WHAT THIS?"
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:49 pm   Reply with quote

He glances up from the book, mildly startled at being addressed by the librarian. "Yes. No. I am hardly a beginner. Yet it seems my talents lie on the more... destructive end of the spectrum," he says, a rueful smile playing about his lips.
Buzzy Mart    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:56 pm   Reply with quote

Lloyd grabs several texts from the restricted section, and heads through a desks, pouring through them. Much of them seem to detail on ancient events and several of them had various plans that he himself could use. On one side were several war texts, detailing strategies of wars long past, and the other side holding a massive leather-bound book apparently detailing the limits to magic and the various schools of it((This is more or less something of a text, not holding any spells)).
The Town of Lix    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:31 pm   Reply with quote

"Well, then you're obviously trying to use healing Artes just as you would use magic Artes. Magic Artes revolve around exerting magic to unleash them. Healing has you pool your magic and and then let it flow to heal your target. If you need a demonstration I can help."

Cherry
Scorwa Pheen/Linwa Slaj

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:33 am   Reply with quote

Cassie's question broke Linwa's concentration, causing her to flinch. She looked at Cassie with a mix of sympathy and question.

"It's... a red square..."
Console Merchandise    
Jolene
Raphael

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:10 pm   Reply with quote

"OKAY THANK YOU!"

He went back to his corner.
"Square. T-tri-an-gle. Cir-cle. Oval."

He kept reading the books out loud, as quietly as he could, which was normal speaking voice. All of them had some kind of common, childish theme, like shapes, colors, or farm animals. When he was done with one, he put it back up on the main counter, and began the next. Pretty soon he had only a few more left and would be leaving soon.

At around that time, Rapi entered. He walked up to the front desk. "Excuse me?"
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote

Although she was waiting for the white-haired man to respond, she had to return to her duties. She raced back to the counter and leapt into the chair, scooping up her book and fixing her hair as she looked at Rapi. "Universal Library of Knowledge. Librarian Eichi here. How can I be of service?"

Jolene
Raphael

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:22 pm   Reply with quote

"I'd like to donate some wonderful books to your library."
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:00 pm   Reply with quote

((whoop D: ))

"Hm... I'd never thought about it in quite that fashion..."

He pulls out a small pocketknife, nicking his left thumb. Ignoring the blood that wells out of the shallow cut, he closes his eye and attempts to concentrate on the healing spell.
Buzzy Mart    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:08 pm   Reply with quote

Hatguy would likely find much better results with the new method of casting the spell.

"Umm....I don't know if you have any books I don't already have, but I'll gladly accept them nonetheless if you're willing to part with them."

Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:25 pm   Reply with quote

The spell's successful, sure--but the man looks like he's going to be sick. He ends it before anything worse happens.

"...same result. Hell," he mutters.
Buzzy Mart    
Jolene
Raphael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:29 am   Reply with quote

"Well, these are simply wonderful books. I wrote all of them myself." He lifted one enormous box onto the counter. "I have six more boxes in my truck too if you'd like them."
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:46 am   Reply with quote

Draco landed outside and entered the place while still keeping the egg with him.

He walked up to the counter and asked if he could find a map here and to allow the one at the counter to understand he gave a book that would allow her to translate.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Captain Blue
Eichi and Isaac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:51 pm   Reply with quote

"Umm...sure. I'll accept them. Just place the crates wherever there is room for now. I'll organize them in a a little while. Meanwhile, draconic mage caught her eye. "No need for translation. I understand the language perfectly. A map...you'll find it under references. It's across from the ancient texts section. Just be sure to return it here so I can print a copy of it for you to use. Some of the maps are fairly old and cannot be used all the time, after all."

I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:54 pm   Reply with quote

Draco walked over to the area and began looking for a map of the world he was currently in then headed back to the counter.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic