digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Would I make a good moderator?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Off-Topic

TCH for mod?
Yes
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
No
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:36 pm   Reply with quote

The Chaos Heart wrote:
I didn't say they couldn't.

I'm just saying the don't have to be.

The point of a moderator is not to be favored by the community.

It's to protect, and keep order.

Exactly.

There job is to keep peace.

To be honest, it'd be kind of nice. :(
Ornaments    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:40 pm   Reply with quote

The Chaos Heart wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
No, personality does play a big part in being a moderator.

How so?

Why would a moderator need a "good personality" if they can do their job effectively?

Where does that play an important role?
A mod with a bad personality is automatically targeted in anything related to criticism toward mods. Soon, with enough negative feedback, they wont be able to handle their job properly. There. That is why you need a good personality. >:[
The Carmadox Party    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:42 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
The Chaos Heart wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:

How so?

Why would a moderator need a "good personality" if they can do their job effectively?

A mod with a bad personality is automatically targeted in anything related to criticism toward mods. Soon, with enough negative feedback, they wont be able to handle their job properly. There. That is why you need a good personality. >:[
Plus, the members actually need to be able to trust the mod to do their job and not abuse their powers.
Generally, having a favourable personality helps.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:42 pm   Reply with quote

I try to keep peace and everyone complains about me ruining the fun.

Fair, right?

Yeah, mods are supposed to be peacekeepers until you get your ass busted and then it's all OH MY GOD WHY DID CHERRY RUIN THE FUN FOR ALL OF US WHAT A COCKSUCKER.

Fair.
Console Merchandise    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:43 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
The Chaos Heart wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:

How so?

Give me all the negative feedback in the world, and I'll still be as good of a mod as I was before the negativity.

Just throwing that out there. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:53 pm   Reply with quote

Why do you want to be a mod anyways? Just for the power? Being a mod is hell. Just take Cherry for an example. Being a mod isn't really an honorable position, and by that I mean it doesn't make you feel all high and mighty. It may seem to be that way, but it's not. I've had some experience as a mod elsewhere, and it's just total chaos. You're better off staying as a normal member.
Nastasia's Shop    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:59 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
The Chaos Heart wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:

How so?

Then that's the moderators problem. They should have known that people might dislike them, and they should have been prepared to deal with it.

Are you telling me that you would choose a happy person over myself, even if I were more trustworthy?

Tat seems very biased to me.

Also Nastasia, I too know what it is like to be a moderator, and no, I don't want to be one. I just want to know if people think I would be a good one.
Dimension C    
Nastasia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:02 pm   Reply with quote

The Chaos Heart wrote:
Also Nastasia, I too know what it is like to be a moderator, and no, I don't want to be one. I just want to know if people think I would be a good one. [/i][/color]

Hey, TCH, did you know that when a person asks if they would make a good moderator or not all the time, it means they want to be a mod?
Nastasia's Shop    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:03 pm   Reply with quote

Nastasia wrote:
The Chaos Heart wrote:
Also Nastasia, I too know what it is like to be a moderator, and no, I don't want to be one. I just want to know if people think I would be a good one. [/i][/color]

Hey, TCH, did you know that when a person asks if they would make a good moderator or not all the time, it means they want to be a mod?

NO way! I DON'T believe it! /Starwolf

That doesn't man they ALWAYS want to be a moderator. >.>

Besides, even I don't want to be one.
Dimension C    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:04 pm   Reply with quote

Hey, TCH, did you know that when a person asks if they would make a good moderator or not all the time, it means other people can have opinions on you?
The Carmadox Party    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:05 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Hey, TCH, did you know that when a person asks if they would make a good moderator or not all the time, it means other people can have opinions on you?

Did you know that when people have opinions, it's okay to have different ones, and even argue your own, like you are doing?!

See? As I am trying to change your views, so are YOU to me.
Dimension C    
Nastasia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:06 pm   Reply with quote

The Chaos Heart wrote:
Nastasia wrote:
The Chaos Heart wrote:

Oh, really? Then maybe you should stop asking.
Nastasia's Shop    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:08 pm   Reply with quote

Nastasia wrote:
The Chaos Heart wrote:
Nastasia wrote:
The Chaos Heart wrote:

Oh, really? Then maybe you should stop asking.

Just because I don't want it, doesn't mean I don't want to know if I might make a good one. They are not the same thing.

Also, it annoys me that the only reason you would say no is because I am not "happy".
Dimension C    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:10 pm   Reply with quote

Personal opinion: No.

M'aiq doesn't really see you fitting in as a mod. He isn't going to bring up some of the incidents that helped his decision, since he would not like to sound like a broken record. M'aiq is sure that some people may remember a few of the things you have done.

Even ignoring those, which is a bit dificult with this "new leaf" thing, you still don't seem fit for the job.

Part of the reason there may be because you also sound so degrading half of the time.
Tamriellic Titles    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:12 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Personal opinion: No.

M'aiq doesn't really see you fitting in as a mod. He isn't going to bring up some of the incidents that helped his decision, since he would not like to sound like a broken record. M'aiq is sure that some people may remember a few of the things you have done.

Even ignoring those, which is a bit dificult with this "new leaf" thing, you still don't seem fit for the job.

Part of the reason there may be because you also sound so degrading half of the time.

For the love of god, what did I do wrong?

Also, degrading of others? Well...maybe...but that doesn't make me biased.
Dimension C    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Off-Topic