digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Our PS3 keeps shocking me and Poké.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support
YouTube's epic man,
Ninja!
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:19 am   Reply with quote

A lot of the time, you get small shocks from turning it on or off, but occasionally, we get enormous shocks from ejecting something. Does this happen to you? WHat should we do?

——————————>awesome

Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:15 pm   Reply with quote

Ninja! wrote:
A lot of the time, you get small shocks from turning it on or off, but occasionally, we get enormous shocks from ejecting something. Does this happen to you? WHat should we do?

——————————>awesome

Buy a Xbox 360/Wii

Use a pencil to touch it? Where is your ps3 at? Is it on a table, floor, or what?
Paper Peach's Shop    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:37 pm   Reply with quote

Paper Peach wrote:
Ninja! wrote:

——————————>awesome

Buy a Xbox 360/Wii

Use a pencil to touch it? Where is your ps3 at? Is it on a table, floor, or what?

Fix'd!
Die4Less Corp.    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:34 pm   Reply with quote

Die4Less wrote:
Paper Peach wrote:
Ninja! wrote:

——————————>awesome

Buy a Xbox 360/Wii

Fix'd!
I have a Wii....

It's on the floor.

——————————>awesome
Milton Games    
lolwut
Sinani201

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:54 pm   Reply with quote

Maybe it doesn't like you. Just blame it on Sony and demand a refund.
Starcraft I Units    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:20 pm   Reply with quote

Try grounding the system case. Run a wire, piece of metal, whatever, to the floor, or if feasible, outside. If that doesn't work, then maybe call Sony and get it serviced. Also, keep static-cling-inducing things away from it. Like my cat sometimes shocks me if I pet him and then accidentally bump his nose. Other fuzzy stuff can cause a static charge to build, so be careful.
If all else fails, wear rubber gloves when touching the PS3 or pulling out a disc.

The problem sounds like a short, like a wire is touching the case or something. Getting the system serviced is your best bet. I still recommend the rubber gloves until it's fixed.
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:02 am   Reply with quote

At this time of the year, just walking across the carpet can gerate enough static to shock you. The PS3 is also on the floor, which might be generating some of that.... I suggest using the remote.
Paper Peach's Shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:19 am   Reply with quote

Paper Peach wrote:
At this time of the year, just walking across the carpet can gerate enough static to shock you. The PS3 is also on the floor, which might be generating some of that.... I suggest using the remote.
Unfortuately, the PS3 menu doesn't jave an eject option, so...

D:

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:17 pm   Reply with quote

Paper Peach wrote:
Also in this category... Even during winter, I have to have an external fan turned on and pointed at my computer whenever it's running or it reboots itself from getting too hot. I understand doing it in the summer, and it's in an under-desk case with a hinged door in front of it, which I DO keep open when it's running. But why winter? My dad's on-top-of-the-desk computer is fine year-round...

As for carpet making the PS3 get static'd... Did you try putting it on whatever stand your TV is on? I have a big dresser in my room that my TV is on, and the Wii fits right next to it just fine. And if I remove the old GameCube I still have on there, there's also room for the PS3. When my parents let me finally get it. (I FINALLY have enough money to buy it, but my mom's making me wait anyway! It's my money, so I can spend it however the *crag* I want to. Except on age-restricted crap. So right now, the ONLY thing keeping me from getting LittleBigPlanet is my gaming-hating mom, and I don't have a freaking bank account yet! (Most stores don't really like it if you pay cash for an expensive item above $200-something. You legally can, but they prefer you use electronic payment for it.))
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support