digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Yu-Gi-Oh! (The first 7 Seasons. No GX or 5DS)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:13 pm   Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't mind the 4kids dub due to the overall good choices in voice acting. Sure they do go a bit too far in editing sometimes, but hey, there's the hope that the rest of the series will eventually be made uncut like they did the first 9 episodes in the DVD. Still, I have a little project going. I'll be watching the entirety of Yu-Gi-Oh on youtube. First I watch an episode in english, then I watch the japanese version with english subtitles to notice the edits they made to the dialogue, among other things. Anyway, please discuss the original YGO series. Not GX, not 5DS, not The Abridged Series (though references are okay as long as they are not the majority of the post).

that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

HP: 82 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:52 am   Reply with quote

I remember watching Yu-Gi-Oh obsessively as a child.

I recently watched the majority of the pre-duel monsters series. That was pretty cool, since there was a lot more variety and random shit. c:

And, I only watched the Duel Monsters series in English when I was younger, so, that's the only real experience I have with that... I did watch some comparisons between the 4Kids dub and the original Japanese. Huge difference, that's for sure.
some shop lol    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:03 am   Reply with quote

I loved Yu-Gi-Oh! when I was younger.

Now I hate it, because it just seems so kiddish.

Then they absolutely destroyed it by making Yu-Gi-Oh! DX and Yu-Gi-Oh!: Dual Capsules (Or whatever :P)
Milton Games    
Nintendo Zealot
Warlord_Mike

HP: 99 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:14 am   Reply with quote

I remember almost routinely watching Yu-Gi-Oh! when I was younger.

Then GX came out...and things went downhill. I never gained any interest in it, and 5D's? Fuggedaboudit. Not watching.

Alice
MILF with a gun
Burning

HP: 57 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:56 pm   Reply with quote

I used to love it a few years ago, too.

I started loosing interest after... Whatshisname became the main villain. Malik, or... Something gay like that. o-o

Yeah. ♡
Teru Shouten    
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL
King Harkinian
Burning

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 pm   Reply with quote

The first season (with Pegasus) was the best.

then it started sucking
The King's Chamber    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media