digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Megaton Arena [Character Registration]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 pm   Reply with quote

(This is not to be mistaken as a parody, rip-off, or imitation of the Glitz Pit roleplay topic, even though it is inspired by the Paper Mario 2 Glitz Pit.)
(Note: Please read this through before posting, so as to avoid confusion and holdup.)

Introduction
Between the dimensions of the Nintendo galaxy, a world was created. This strange new world was small for a planet, though it had forests, mountains, etc. Among the mountains, an immense stadium arose, ferocious in posture and size. All around Nintendo, news reporters broadcasting the discovery of this great stadium, which came to be known as the Megaton Arena.

Whether or not this was related to the world of Super-Smash (Super Smash Brothers), noone was sure. Yet, people came to the arena from their worlds to fight against each other. The world was named Megatonnia, and the arena was found to be the "center" of it, linked to the rest by quest and adventure.

People that joined the fighting frenzy were given a challenge: to raise themselves up to the highest rank, and face the "final boss" of the arena. This challenge, plus the foreshadowed secrets, made the Megaton Arena a popular place. The quests, the secrets, the challenges: Are you up for it all?

Signing Up and Setting Up
You are a fighter who joins the Megaton Arena and the adventures that await. You start by (obviously) signing up. Your character's species can be one of those from any of the following worlds (with the exception of certain boss, enemy, etc. characters):
-Gardenia (Mushroom Kingdom)
-Popstar (Dreamland)
-Hyrulia (Hyrule/Termina)
-Pokette Monsuta Globeus (Pokemon World)
-Mobius (Sonic World)
Or, you character can be a custom species, which will need a picture.

Once your chosen species is approved, then you fill in the following information:
-Character Name: The name of your character.
-Fighter Name: The title your character fights under.
-Entrance: Explain how your character came across the Megaton Arena. (Does NOT need to be extremely vivid, but should tell a bit of a story.) A good example:
"He grew tired of fighting the same opponents. One opponent reffered him to the Megaton Arena, so he set off for tougher people."

The most important step comes next: Stats. Fighters in the arena and quests have stats and skills. Once your character is created, he/she will need to determine their range of stats. You start with the stats listed below, and can upgrade one out of each set. (For a guide to the stats and skills, see the Stats and Skill Section on Smackjeeves.)
Set 1
-HP (Starting=10, Upgrade=15)
-SP (Starting=5, Upgrade=10)
Set 2
-Attack (Starting=1, Upgrade=2)
-Defense (Starting=0, Upgrade=1)
-M-Attack (Starting=1, Upgrade=2)
-M-Defense (Starting=0, Upgrade=1)
Set 3
-Accuracy (Starting=5, Upgrade=10)
-Agility (Starting=0, Upgrade=5)

Finally, you list some of your character's Attacks and Specials/Spells. Only some will be allowed at first, but you can learn more through levelling and such. Then, you're ready to fight!

Kinks, Commands, and Codes
Procedures are related to those of the Glitz Pit (PM2). From your own personal dormitory, you Reserve a Match using a small computer (called the Dormputer). Then, you proceed to the waiting room, from which you can spectate an ongoing fight. Once you are called in, the announcer introduces you and your opponent, there's a little trash-talking, etc., and the fight begins.

Fighting is the common, turn-based RPG style. You perform actions with the Battle Commands: Attack, Specials/Spells, Items, Strategies, and Forfeit/Escape.
-Attack: Strike with a basic move/attack.
-Specials/Spells: Special and magical attacks, which usually take up SP. (Includes ability moves, such as Copy Ability.)
-Items: Check your inventory for items to use.
-Strategies: Battle tactics, such as defending.
-Forfeit/Escape: End the match. Usually unallowed during arena fights.

These Battle Commands are used when fighting in Quests, as well. They are important to remember. Using a Battle Command goes something like this:
Code:
>Attack >Headbonk >Koopa

There are also commands for outside of battle, including:
\talk + person: Talk to NPC's
\examine + object: Examine an object (gives description and possible commands).
\search + object: Search through something such as a bush, etc.
? + topic(Possible topics are words or phrases highlighted in blue): While talking with an NPC, asks about a certain topic. Important for quests.
\activate + object or \use + object: Uses, opens, activates something such as a switch.
\enter + place or building: Enters an area, building, or room. (You must in an area from which you can enter the designated area.)
"response": Used to respond to an NPC, including answering a question.

These are mainly used for quests.

Quests are like small adventures. The Arena is more than just fights. You can venture out on the world in quests. Some quests include and consist of the secrets of the arena. Sometimes, Events and Happenings will pop up. These can unlock quests, award you items, etc.

Winning battles, accomplishing quests, etc., gets you Megaton Points, which are arena experience points. In the arena, you can purchase things from the Virtual Megaton Market, using Megaton Credits, the currency. For a brief description of these, as well as a run-down on Ranks, see the Megaton Stuff Section on Smackjeeves.

Rules
-Fight fair; fight by the style.
-No profane, sexual, racial, discriminating, or other types of harmful and offensive content. This might/might not include signatures.
-Be patient. I'm usually on almost every day, so chances are, you won't have to wait long to make your next move in a fight. Still, patience is appreciated.
-Quests are to be done by Personal Messages. That way, we don't have both quests and fights going on at the same time in the forum.
-Abide by the RP Rules, as listed in The RP Rule Book of RPing in the RP. Simplest rule in the forum.
-Don't be a poor sport. Saying something after the fight like "Darn, I thought I had him right where I wanted him!" is alright, but nothing like "What the hell??? I lost? Oh my god! What is your problem?!?". Same goes when you win a fight.

Important!
-You do not have to read every post in the forum to join, although it is important that you read this first post here. It explains everything, and without reading the whole thing, you'll miss something. Plus, you should look at the last one or two posts, so you don't interrupt anything by mistake.
-If your are lost, or have any questions, just PM me. I'll tell you what you need to know about the subject.
-If you have requests, suggestions, etc., PM me, as well. This excludes threats and rude suggestions, such as "I'd better win this fight, or else I'm reporting you!" or "I suggest you get a life".
-Posts here are (obviously) supposed to be related to the Megaton Arena, though exceptions can be made.
-If you are getting tired from all this reading, don't worry. It will end around...now.

Megaton Arena Time!

Last edited by Deucey Dee on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lifeless Intellectual
Crappy Shifty Luigi
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote

I'll join as myself! BWAHAHA!!!
The BroBot Market    
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:27 pm   Reply with quote

You're still going to need to fill in the details, which are up on the "Signing up and Setting Up" section of the first post.

Soul Reaper
Yamada Hanataro
Jailed Vampire Werewolf
Jailed

HP: 31 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 pm   Reply with quote

Too much paper work for my taste, but I'll think about it.
Alchemy slam.    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:30 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, Yamada has a point.

There is a lot of stuff...

Perhaps you should go over it... Replace/Remove some of the stuff.

I'm willing to help with that. Then I might join.

Rats, I think I'm inheriting White Shy Guy/Anti-Guy's Style of typing.

Oh well...
Die4Less Corp.    
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:45 pm   Reply with quote

This is the registration part shortened, so it's much simpler:
-Character Species
-Character Name
-Fighter Name
-Intro (How they knew about arena)
-Choose a stat from each group to upgrade
-Lists Attacks and Specials/Spells

It's just the length of the post that makes it look long. Still, reading gives you the whole idea here.

Last edited by Deucey Dee on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:16 am   Reply with quote

Shyguy
RaveGuy
RaveGuy
*Trance Music with flashing colored lights*
SP, Magic Attack, Agility
Glowsticks of Pain
Ipod
BreakDance
Choco's    
Yamada Hanataro
Kurosaki Ichigo
Jailed
Jailed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:22 am   Reply with quote

fine, I'll try to fill them in...er~

Species: Human
Name: Repurika Ichigo
Fighter name: Ichigo
Entrance: There was a sudden gust of wind. Out of nowhere a Man wearing a cloak appeared. He threw off his cloak revealing no other than Repu.
Set 1
-HP 25
-SP 5
Set 2
-Attack 3
-Defense 1
-M-Attack 1
-M-Defense 0
Set 3
-Accuracy 5
-Agility 5

Abilities:
Bankai~ He changes both appearence and strength for a certain amount of time. During this time his speed is unmatchable and agility beyond amazement. In short, All of his stats go up Big time.
Getsuga Tensho~ In his normal mode, It is used by slashing, thus shooting a wide slash of spirit energy. It's fast and powerfull(blue). in Bankai It is stronger and way faster, It is also larger. (dark red)
Hollow~ A desperation mode. Repu gains a hollow mask, and his techniques change to pure Murder. His wounds heal, and stats go up a reasonable amount.
Flash step~ He moves at full speed, leaving not even a blur.

Items: Zanpakuto~ Zangetsu (moon cutter.)
Hollow Mask~ Appears after hollowfication.

Tactics: Ichigo has a large variaty of fighting techniques, they change depending on the situation. His most basic and used tactic is : Fight to Fight, Fight to protect, Fight To kill!

Forfeit/escape: Repu gets on one knee and if wounded coughs out blood. He then gets up and Flashsteps away.

(you're lucky it's not zenpachy. Otherwise everyone would die at the moment they saw him)
Alchemy slam.    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:59 am   Reply with quote

Yeah, but a lot of it is uneccessary...

It can be done without some of the more complicated things. Oh well...

Yamada, that Zenpachy thing you mentioned is what us Pros call, "GodModding". The Bankai mode could also be considered GodMod, but I will let it slide if everyone else is okay with it. I make super strong attacks, but they have limits. Yours don't, so it would be wise to impose limits.

Last edited by Die4Less on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Die4Less Corp.    
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 am   Reply with quote

'Kay, interesting characters.

However, you guys seem to have a misunderstanding about "Entrance". I blame myself, since I worded it wrong, but it is how your character knew about the arena, basically.

And Yamada, you kind of got the stats part a little...if you read that part of the first post, it tells you to upgrade one of each set, and shows the upgraded and unupgraded numbers of each stat.

Plus, I'm going to need some sort of picture from Die4Less and Yamada. Did any of you read the first post, by any chance?
Deucey Dee wrote:
Important!
-You do not have to read every post in the forum to join, although it is important that you read this first post here.

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:19 pm   Reply with quote

I'm gonna enter Alexander here. He has no real picture, per say, except for his Eidolon form, and using that is practically godmoddish if you discount the speed of it((A snail moves about 20 times faster than Eidolon Alexander))

But, I'll go ahead and try filling out the form.

Name: Alexander
Fighter Name: Alexander
Species: Human
Picture:
Knight Form((During organized combat)):
[image] I used an RO database character generator, but you kinda get the idea. He also has his Holy Sword with him, and that's a broadsword with a gold hilt, on which there are four white crystals. The blade is covered in a holy aura, so you really don't see anything.
Regular Form((During non-combat times and ambushes)):
[image]. He uses his revolver as well as his gun in this form, becoming somewhat deadlier. I love how I'm using the avatars of my Lord Knight and Gunslinger.
Entrance: Being an Eidolon can get really, really boring at times (Especially if the world isn't at war). Alexander was simply drifting in and out of the various dimensions before he found this arena. Intrigued, he decided to enter, placing a cap on his power in order to disguise himself.

Set 1
-HP = 15
-SP = 5
Set 2
-Attack =1
-Defense =1
-M-Attack =1
-M-Defense = 0
Set 3
-Accuracy = 5
-Agility = 5

Sword Attacks:
Slash/Lunge/Smash: Your typical run-of-the-mill attack, with a few differences. Slash strikes the enemy with the edge of the blade, lunge with the tip, and smash with the flat edge of the blade.
Sacred Strike: 1 SP, inflicts 175% damage to target once.
Sacred Flurry: 2 SP, inflicts 150% damage to target twice.
Seraphic Blade: 3 SP, 50% current HP.Alexander jumps into the air, gains four angelic wings, and dives down upon the enemy, striking them with a blade at the last second.
Divine Judgment: 100% SP, 90% current HP. Alexander grows eight angelic wings, and from each, beams appear, flying directly towards the enemy, and through him. Incredibly powerful and damaging to both the user and the opponent.

Gun Attacks:
Shot: Fires a regular Bullet, works like a basic attack.
Sacred Shot: 2 SP: Fires a holy-elemental bullet at his foe.
Point Blank Shot: 2 SP, takes two turns to charge, can be stopped via freezing him in his tracks or sufficient damage. He goes up to the enemy, and blasts a bullet directly at them for 300% regular damage.
Deschain((As in Roland Deschain from Stephen King's Dark Tower series)) Barrage: 100% SP, 75% current HP. Alexander starts rapidly firing bullets, pulling off various limits on his strength, causing severe strain to his body. Extremely quick reload times, and firing times for a short time.

Last edited by BAMFing ARCHER on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Town of Lix    
Yamada Hanataro
Kurosaki Ichigo
Jailed
Jailed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:36 pm   Reply with quote

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc158/Snowwiedragon_GB/Ichigo_Bankai_Vizard.jpg Bankai Hollow Repu, only w/cyan hair.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/keallie/ichigo_bankai.jpg Plain Bankai only w/cyan hair

http://shodloer.free.fr/avatars/BLEACH/Bleach-ichigo.jpg Plain normal only w/cyan hair

http://th01.deviantart.com/fs19/300W/i/2007/248/0/e/hollow_ichigo_by_fullmetalschoettle.jpg You should get the idea of what a getsuga tensho is now.
Alchemy slam.    
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:10 pm   Reply with quote

Wow, erm...uh...this is...really...complicated...

These human characters are...um...they're not really...

Wow, I can't explain it. All I can say is that we're a little too [word not found] with the ability of having a "custom species" character.

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:38 pm   Reply with quote

Mind you, Alexander isn't exactly human. That's just one of his favored forms, if you will.
The Town of Lix    
Yamada Hanataro
Kurosaki Ichigo
Jailed
Jailed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 pm   Reply with quote

Repu is human >Sad THING IS, hE'S ALSO A SOUL REEPER, Which is a soul given the task to fight off hollows, Help souls pass on, and keep peace between the soul society. >_>
Alchemy slam.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play