digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Megaton Arena [Character Registration]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:18 pm   Reply with quote

Deucey, you understand how the Gate would work, if I were to use Gilgamesh, right?
The Town of Lix    
around the yoshi stone

HP: 10 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 pm   Reply with quote

-ok m-defense will be lowered
- pooh black doll is a ghost like version of balrog *just refer to my avi*
balrog's suitcase of stuff    
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:15 pm   Reply with quote

Bartz Klauser wrote:
Deucey, you understand how the Gate would work, if I were to use Gilgamesh, right?

Um...I don't think I do.

balrog wrote:
-ok m-defense will be lowered

Actually, I'm going to need you to rewrite the stats. Remember to start with the normal numbers from the first post for each, and then upgrade one of each set. (Of course, your char.'s defense starts at 1, and can be upgraded to 2.)

balrog wrote:
- pooh black doll is a ghost like version of balrog *just refer to my avi*

Is it essential?

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:27 pm   Reply with quote

All right, lemme explain it with a theoretical battle, then.

Gilgamesh v.s. Mock Opponent

Gilgamesh-----------------Mock Opponent
HP: 15 -----------------HP: 15
SP: 5 -----------------SP: 5
Attack
Special
-----Babylon Gate
-----Break Phantasm
Summon(greyed out)
Whatever else goes here.

Now, I would then use Gate of Babylon, shortened here as Babylon Gate, as my opening move, not dealing any damage, but opening the Gate of Babylon. Now, my next turn.

Gilgamesh-----------------Mock Opponent
HP: 12 -----------------HP: 15
SP: 3 -----------------SP: 5
Attack
Special
Summon(now available)
---Caladbolg
----Durandal
----Hrunting
----Merodach
Whatever else goes here.

Now, let me just summon Caladbolg, which grants me an addition of the Earth elemental attack with regular attacks. Now, alongside Caladbolg, I would attack, since it counts as a skill and whatnot. So, let's just say I deal five damage for the sake of it, since my opponent would be weak to Earth.

That's how it's used, and Phantasm Breaking increases the power of the weapon by 25%, but once I take (HP/2+5) damage, it's pretty much done for, really. The only two ones that are different are Gae Bolg, and Enuma Elish. Enuma Elish drains all remaining SP with attacking, and deals a fairly powerful attack, while Gae Bolg is one use only, but costs a fair amount of Mana to use.

Now you understand it? And don't quote this entire post next time, just this sentence.
The Town of Lix    
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:48 pm   Reply with quote

Okay, I think I get it, but it's a bit too much for the beginner level (which is where everyone starts).

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:51 pm   Reply with quote

Then, I guess just give him a couple of weapons, really. I guess you could call the weaponry "special" attacks, really. And mind if I add a "regular" weapon that costs no SP to summon, but it's a perfectly normal one, lacking any elemental affinity, or any damage buffs or any of the like.
The Town of Lix    
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:59 am   Reply with quote

Alright, which ones would you like to have?

Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:14 pm   Reply with quote

Caladbolg, Durandal, and Hrunting, I guess.

Quick question, do you get better stats as you go on?
The Town of Lix    
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:44 pm   Reply with quote

Of course!

around the yoshi stone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:35 pm   Reply with quote

-i am a robotic... thing from the planet pixel
-balrog
-the killer lunchbox
-i came to the megaton arena to fight because i was on vacation for the
last 4 years so i decided to go get a job, and i found a flyer about the
megaton arena so i decided to make money with this
set 1
2-HP: 15-20 *edited because i can*
1-sp: 5-10
set 2
2-att 2-3 *edited due to fawful guy's second attack
1-def 1-2 *i'm METAL*
4-matt 1-2
3-mdef 0-1
set 3
2-ac 5-10
1-ag 0-5
attacks: strangle damage: whatever the attack is not so avoidable
special/magic: jump=2 sp damage: double and is equal between avoidable/unavoidable
items:missile launcher *can hold 10 is holding:empty* 1 rocket does double damage if directly hit but only normal if caught in explosion *explosion is unavoidable*
pooh black doll *special item*
tactics: summon pooh black: shielded by pooh black *requires pooh black doll* i also cant attack because pooh black is in front of me
recharge: dissapear and summons pooh black to guard while recharging everything also i appear if pooh black dies
guard: duh
flee: jumps out of the arena
Quote:
Is it essential?

yes as one of my tactics uses it *it only has 5 health and if it dies i get forced back in*
edit: the number next to a stat tells which upgrades first

Last edited by around the yoshi stone on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:09 pm   Reply with quote

Balrog:
balrog wrote:
set 1
-HP: 10-15
-sp: 5-10
set 2
-att 1-2
-def 1-2 *i'm METAL*
-matt 1-2
-mdef 0-1
set 3
-ac 5-10
-ag 0-5

*facepalm*

Y'know, you're either upgrading them all, or you're upgrading none of them, by the looks of it. You should look at other people's posts for examples on how the stats thing works...

Gilgamesh:
Alright then. Are there any specials/spells besides Phantasm Break that you can perform with each of these three weapons? I've already got one for "Caladbolg". What about the other two? My asusmption is you can spin-hurl Caladbolg so it rips through the enemy(s) like a small twister. What could you do with "Durandal" and "Hrunting"? This should be the last of your registration. By the way, You now have an extra tactic for battle: "Switch Weapon"

around the yoshi stone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:16 pm   Reply with quote

sense i still didnt get it after reading other peoples registration i read the smackjeeves thing.
the first is the starting and the second is the upgrade
but... cant they randomly be chosen which one upgrades?
sorta like the M and L extra stat. i say which upgrades??? or you say which will upgrade.
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:26 pm   Reply with quote

Just give me a "Special Attack" option, and I'll edit it in the bio. I'll quote the bio back up here when I'm done.
Bartz Klauser wrote:
Mind if I sign up with Gilgamesh, instead? I don't really feel like doing this with Alexander.

Name: Gilgamesh
Fighter Name: The King of Heroes
Species: Human, Hero.
Picture: Click me!

Entrance: The self-centered leader of a long-gone kingdom, he came to the Bitlands. He hopes to win this tournament as one of the first steps of his conquering of the Bitlands.

Set 1
-HP = 15
-SP = 5
Set 2
-Attack =1
-Defense =1
-M-Attack =1
-M-Defense = 0
Set 3
-Accuracy = 5
-Agility = 5

Noble Phantasms(Available as a "Summon" command):

Note: To summon any of these, the Gate of Babylon must first be active.

Caladbolg - 1 SP - A fairly basic, spiral shaped sword. It can be hurled at an opponent, or used as a regular melee weapon.
Durandal - 1 SP - A sword that never loses its luster. Usually used in melee combat.
Gae Bolg - 3 SP - A spear capable of penentrating its opponents heart before the blade actually strikes. Code is [roll=15], and 1 is a dodge. One use per battle, and this only lasts once.
Hrunting - 2 SP - A jet black, serrated blade that is usually used as a claymore.
Merodach - 3 SP - An incredibly durable blade, never losing its strength. It is strong enough to cut through steel that has not been tempered.
Enkidu - 3 SP - A steel chain made to immobilize gods. Considerably less effective against people with little or no divinity.
Enuma Elish - 75% SP to summon, remaining SP for an attack(provided that the amount can increase, of course. I want the attack to be unavailable at the start.) - summons a black, pillar shaped blade with fine, crimson lettering on the blade. The blade rotates, segmenting vacuums and compressing atmospheric gases. Releasing it causes a cataclysmic blast that causes a collapse of time and space in the area of effect, disintegrating anything that provides no resistance.
Random Phantasm - (Roll of 1-4) SP. Draws a random Noble Phantasm from the Gate of Babylon.

Skills:
Phantasm Break - 2 SP - Causes the power of his weapon to increase by around 250%, but the weapon breaks considerably faster, due to the strain of its unleashed power(Lasts either 3 turns, or a total of (if there is a level, the level*2) damage blocked).
Gate of Babylon - 2 SP - Opens up a large gate, with numerable weapons. Gilgamesh can either choose to fire the weapons out of this vault at a sacrifice of 100% remaining SP, and 25% HP, causing the weapons to shoot out of the vault at incredibly high speeds, or use the Summon command, allowing him to select various Noble Phantasms from the vault.

Special Attacks, done with the weapons, they use up half of all remaining SP, rounded up. They can only be used up to (level/2) times per battle, rounded up in the case of a level 1, and rounded down otherwise. This means at level 1 I'd have one special, at 4, 2, at 6 3 and so on.
Each weapon has a unique special.

Caladbolg(Gaia's Wrath): Gilgamesh sheaths the blade into the ground, and the a platform rises around his opponent and falls down on them, causing multiple hits of fairly decent damage.

Durandal(Seraphic Blade): The blade glows brightly, and Gilgamesh hurls it at his opponents, dealing them holy elemental damage.

Gae Bolg is technically it's own special, since it can only be used once per battle, but let me describe it. The spear gathers surrounding magical energies, and Gilgamesh hurls the spear.

Hrunting(Flight of the Sparrow): Gilgamesh hurls his sword at the enemy. The enemy has a chance of dodging, and Hrunting as an even smaller chance of following said dodge(For example, if the opponent had a 15 percent chance of dodging, and dodged, Hrunting still could change it's flight path, but only with a 10% chance).

Merodach(Patron's Wrath): Gilgamesh raises his blade, and a variety of thunderbolts strike his opponent, after which he rushes in and attacks them. A few strikes of lightning-elemental damage, and one hit of neutral damage.

Enkidu(Bind and Grind): Gilgamesh binds his opponents legs and hands with the chain, and then moves them so that they are like a marionette, except that they'll be in fairly painful conditions.

Enuma Elish lacks a special, since it's already strong enough as it is, and even then, Gilgamesh wouldn't be able to use one, since he would have no SP.

Along side these, he has the option to regularly attack as well.

((Note: At the very least, in order to use him, I would need the Gate of Babylon option available, and at least Caladbolg or Durandal, and one or two other weapons available. That, and Random Phantasm, since that doesn't draw out any of the other, specific Noble Phantasms.
Here you go.
The Town of Lix    
around the yoshi stone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:41 pm   Reply with quote

i would also like to register a partner for balrog. whenever i fight more than one people i want to summon... *hint: it's NOT pooh black, he's sort of a human shield*

name: FAWFUL GUY
species: beanbean *of the bean bean kingdom*
fighter name: (f)awfully shy guy
picture:
backstory: he needed to avoid mario and luigi and just his luck, fawful gives him the plans to take over the world: make the megaton arena their base, so he joins balrog to help him become champ, so he can steal his fame.
i dont need to right the stats down because the only difference is defense
attack 1: *not the yoshi one* he jumps normally damage= attack stat avoidable
attack 2: he uses a sunshade and floats down on them damage=half but unavoidable
special 1: he jumps uses sunshade to float and drops a *random* bomb on them= sp 2 damage= double the attack and almost easily avoidable
special 2: he throws an egg at them and if successful encases the enemy in the egg sp 4 damage= none but doesn't allow them to attack
items : fawful badge : no use for now *but for now it allows balrog to switch back to leader*
balrog badge: if i choose to not use balrog i allow fawful guy to take his place by using the balrog badge outside arena *it switches who the leader is when i send a dormputer request with a picture of fawful guy in the beginning of the message*
tactics: defend: has no action when he defends but he ducks
flee: runs away
also
Quote:
Actually, I'm going to need you to rewrite the stats. Remember to start with the normal numbers from the first post for each, AND THEN UPGRADE ONE OF EACH SET. (Of course, your char.'s defense starts at 1, and can be upgraded to 2.)

did not notice that Embarassed
is it ok to do the upgrading m and l style *upgrade one you choose to of each set*

Last edited by around the yoshi stone on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
V1d30 G@m3 N3rr'd
Deucey Dee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:01 pm   Reply with quote

balrog wrote:
i would also like to register a partner for balrog. whenever i fight more than one people i want to summon... *hint: it's NOT pooh black, he's sort of a human shield*

Hm. I think that can be accepted.

balrog wrote:
is it ok to do the upgrading m and l style *upgrade one you choose to of each set*

I don't understand what you mean, but...

You only upgrade one of each set to start off. This means 3 things are upgraded. Of course, stats are upgraded as you go along.

Bartz Klauser wrote:
Special Attacks, done with the weapons, they use up half of all remaining SP, rounded up. They can only be used up to (level/2) times per battle, rounded up in the case of a level 1, and rounded down otherwise. This means at level 1 I'd have one special, at 4, 2, at 6 3 and so on.
Each weapon has a unique special.

Caladbolg(Gaia's Wrath): Gilgamesh sheaths the blade into the ground, and the a platform rises around his opponent and falls down on them, causing multiple hits of fairly decent damage.

Durandal(Seraphic Blade): The blade glows brightly, and Gilgamesh hurls it at his opponents, dealing them holy elemental damage.

Gae Bolg is technically it's own special, since it can only be used once per battle, but let me describe it. The spear gathers surrounding magical energies, and Gilgamesh hurls the spear.

Hrunting(Flight of the Sparrow): Gilgamesh hurls his sword at the enemy. The enemy has a chance of dodging, and Hrunting as an even smaller chance of following said dodge(For example, if the opponent had a 15 percent chance of dodging, and dodged, Hrunting still could change it's flight path, but only with a 10% chance).

Merodach(Patron's Wrath): Gilgamesh raises his blade, and a variety of thunderbolts strike his opponent, after which he rushes in and attacks them. A few strikes of lightning-elemental damage, and one hit of neutral damage.

Enkidu(Bind and Grind): Gilgamesh binds his opponents legs and hands with the chain, and then moves them so that they are like a marionette, except that they'll be in fairly painful conditions.

Enuma Elish lacks a special, since it's already strong enough as it is, and even then, Gilgamesh wouldn't be able to use one, since he would have no SP.

Along side these, he has the option to regularly attack as well.

Not what I meant. These can be included as powerful moves, but what I meant was like a move special to that one, besides regularly attacking. For example, as I've said before, Caladbolg could probably be tossed to rip through enemies in a small twister. I pretty much mean small magic moves, or something along the lines of that.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play