digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Boot option?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Lifeless Intellectual
Crappy Shifty Luigi
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:41 pm   Reply with quote

I don't support this. Here's the reason.

Poster A: *insert title and post here*

ME: *insert post here*

Poster A: I don't like you, gtfo my topic. *boots*
The BroBot Market    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:28 am   Reply with quote

King Bowser Koopa Sr. wrote:
I don't support this. Here's the reason.

Poster A: *insert title and post here*

ME: *insert post here*

Poster A: I don't like you, gtfo my topic. *boots*

Good. You've made some progress.

Now try to solve the problem at hand.

Also, being booted for such reasons would cause the booter to be punished. Such resoning is childish for opinions do not disrupt topics.

It's moreover for people whom spam the topic, and derail it.

Yes, it's like tho mods, only, mods aren't always on. This is like an aid. Why call the police and wait for them to come to your resturant when you can beat the person out with a metal ba--err...ban hammer.
Dimension C    
Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:58 am   Reply with quote

Okay, here's another problem with your idea. It's too complicated. You'll have to have a whole new set of rules just for booting people out of topics. I would imagine that would be a bit frustrating for the mods, since it would give them more work than they already have...
Nastasia's Shop    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:14 am   Reply with quote

I support this for one, and only one reason.

You said that people would be jailed, then banned for abusing it right? It sounds like a downright perfect way to get really annoying members banned. Come to think of it, ignore list has virtually the same effect to your point of view.
PSI and more    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:56 am   Reply with quote

Do we really need individual ban-lists for each individual thread? As Maiq- I believe- brought up, this would be a massive waste of the site's memory, and a general ignore list would work even better.

Edit: And individual rules are already a no-go. In the cases of RP threads, they extend as far as certain criteria the original thread starter has stated; otherwise, the general site rules (As well as the specific section rules that we have for RP) are the laws of the land. And if you're going to be banning people from topics for being general rule-breakers, you'll be stealing the mods' work, as other people said.

Quote:
Yes, it's like tho mods, only, mods aren't always on.

We nearly have at least one mod on at all times (Which is one of the reasons why we recently added two more).
The Highwind Goods Store    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback