digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

MPGT's badass flawless stage buildin' tips.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:32 pm   Reply with quote

10 tips to keep you from SUCKING LIKE YOU DO.

1: Don't build main platforms close to edges. This makes it so it is way too easy to get KO'd
2: Control your spawn points. Platforms with spikes will not be spawned on.
3: Have a game plan. It's a good idea to have a good idea before you make a stage, or else it will be random and clunky.
4: Themes. Coming up with a theme is a awesome way to make good stages. I made a theme for every special part. So I have one stage build around ice blocks. Another kind of theme is an idea. Such as the idea of a cramped space, or a dome. Another way is to make stages based off the background.
5: Don't go overboard. Test your stage and make sure it's easy to get from one side of the stage to another.
6: Don't get too crazy. Stages with lots of spikes or falling blocks are fun, but don't make it to the point where it's difficult to navigate and stay alive without someone wailing on you.
7: Stage size. The right stage make a diffrence. If you make a smallish stage on a big area, then it will be very hard to KO.
8: Size again. The size of the piece changes the piece. A large triangle piece has a smaller angle it is.
9: Kinds of platforms. The kind of platform means alot. It's good to have a stage that doesn't have only solid blocks. Imagine what the battlefield stage would be like if the platforms were made so you couldn't go through them.
10: CPU's and more. CPU's seem to have a hard time getting out of spike areas, and just kinda chill. So keep that in mind when creating spiky stages.
TWEWY Pins    
Lifeless Intellectual
Crappy Shifty Luigi
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:34 pm   Reply with quote

I guarentee you, some stages are meant for coin matches, as I enclosed the ceiling with drop blocks for maximum damage.

~Super Luigi
The BroBot Market    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:03 pm   Reply with quote

UNLESS you make a stage builder to make it FD, tournament-friendly like, I personally think stage builder was for fun matches, not an intense one. Thats why I rarely use stage builder. I make stages just to have fun, running around, etc...
Who cares about KOs? Use stage builder to make a Brawl video or something.
And I agree with 10. CPUs are so retarded. Once when I was playing, a CPU got stuck in the spikes and didn't even try to get out. It's percentage went to 999%.
Baby Shop    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 pm   Reply with quote

...Unless you want a "pretty" level, stay away form the stone desins and such, as they take up a lot of the piece % and room...
...You can make the exact same thing without the unneeded waste of space!...
~White Shy Guy

That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:58 pm   Reply with quote

random and clunky stages can actually be great. some of my best stages were made by button mashing and then fine tuning.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl