digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

*SPOILER WARNING* Mario or Luigi?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy

Mario or Luigi?
Mario
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Luigi
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Both/None
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Lifeless Intellectual
Crappy Shifty Luigi
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:19 pm   Reply with quote

Like MKWii and SPM, the bottom line is drawn. Who did you prefer to play as? Winner emerges 24 hours from now.

~Super Luigi
The BroBot Market    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:24 am   Reply with quote

I haven't unlocked Weegie on my own game, but I enjoyed playing him a lot more than Mario when I played over at a friend's house.

Also, having Luigi in the title completely ruins the point of a spoiler warning, but it's not like anyone on the site didn't know about him being in Galaxy anyway.
A Bucket of Stuff    
Nintendo Zealot
Warlord_Mike

HP: 99 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:53 am   Reply with quote

Oddly, I seem to like Weegee more than Mario. I'm actually pretty good at controlling him, so the fact he takes longer to stop, has a shorter oxygen supply, or the like doesn't really bother me.

Plus, I like the little extra challenge he provides. Smile

Lifeless Intellectual
Crappy Shifty Luigi
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:41 pm   Reply with quote

This is what I think...

Mario is the main person, so using him isn't going to be hard to Nintendo's perspective. Playing as Luigi = challenge according to Nintendo.

MY vision: Mario's jump is suckish, he stops perfectly, and he moves ON CONTACT with Control stick, which has caused failures to happen...a LOT!

Luigi's jump is higher, he stops slower, and he moves a half-second AFTER moving the controls stick, which can prevent danger, and eas helped me in Luigi's Purple Coins and Rollng Gizmo Galaxy. I find Luigi to be easier to use than Mario. If I had my Wii with me, I could show you how many times I died as Mario VS the amount of deaths Luigi suffered to get 121 stars!

~Super Luigi
The BroBot Market    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:28 pm   Reply with quote

Super Luigi wrote:
This is what I think...

Mario is the main person, so using him isn't going to be hard to Nintendo's perspective. Playing as Luigi = challenge according to Nintendo.

MY vision: Mario's jump is suckish, he stops perfectly, and he moves ON CONTACT with Control stick, which has caused failures to happen...a LOT!

Luigi's jump is higher, he stops slower, and he moves a half-second AFTER moving the controls stick, which can prevent danger, and eas helped me in Luigi's Purple Coins and Rollng Gizmo Galaxy.
~Super Luigi

I have to question the logic on how Luigi's delayed controls help with jumping when you easily fall off edges, and Mario's on the spot timing hampers him when you don't.
Gemstone Goods    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:42 am   Reply with quote

Luigi, all the way.

Much more epic then plain ol' mario
Ornaments    
Count Blumiere

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:56 am   Reply with quote

OH LOOK!
MARIO GOT 0 VOTE. :0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy