digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Run Like Hell (Except Totally Happening This Time)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:13 pm   Reply with quote

Run Like Hell

It began simple enough. Scientists were testing a new cure for cancer, a formula shot directly into the bloodstream. A product that was programed to find the virus, and contain it. Not a permanent fix, but it would lengthen the life span of a victim by as much as a decade, allowing for the possibility of other drugs and therapies to take their course and perhaps destroy the tumor completely.

The first human patient was a seventy year old woman that lived in Washington D.C.

After receiving the drug she passed out one week later and was declared legally dead.

Three days later at her visitation, she sat back up, suffering no more than minor amnesia.

All signs of the cancerous tumor were completely eradicated.

The formula was considered a success and was put into rapid production.

Cancer is cured, and the human race begins a new age of longevity and prosperity of life.

It is now roughly twenty years after what history has called the greatest discovery in human history.

The serum is now mass produced by the worldwide drug retailer "Vita-Corp."

The formula, now condensed into a pill, is sold along with other various common medications.

The once deadly disease has become nothing but another common cold.

But in history, many things never change.

Vite-Corp US discovered that not only did the serum destroy cancer, it was also highly addictive. They began to secretly add small amounts of the serum to their various energy drink and health care product brands in an attempt to impress their parent company

Soon enough, "Vitacane" brand energy drink became the most popular beverage in the US, gallons upon gallons being consumed on a daily bases by the populous, ignorant to to the drinks dark secret.

Little did these greedy businessmen know however, that though it had been defeated, cancer cases had been on the rise.

In fact, had the cure not been developed, it would have been an international disaster.

April 27th, 2034, today over one million people in the city of New York mysteriously passed out, all vitals completely shutting down.

This was the day Vita-Corps deadly secret was exposed, although they were outraged, the people of the Big Apple simple assumed their loved ones would awaken within a week, just as everyone did after taking the serum.

But not even the creators could have known what would happen when their new chemical was consumed in such large amounts.

And the world would never be the same again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters must be human, at least some what realistic, and completely original.

We will be operating on a dice system that I will explain later.

The just, you roll a die when you perform an action that requires some amount of skill or luck. I roll dice behind "the screen" or set a number for you to reach. You pass it, it's good. You miss it, it isn't. You get the highest possible number on the throw, awesome shit happens. Lowest possible number, awesome shit for the other side happens.

I might start this tonight, depends on how long it takes to get a group together.

Once it starts, the RP will be closed to more entrants.

So *crag* hurry if you want in.

BOOM!
Actions
Searchlight was used on this post.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:15 pm   Reply with quote

I'm sure as hell joining. Need we write up a character sheet yet?
Actions
The Domain of Secrets    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:16 pm   Reply with quote

Just get the sheet done before we start.

If you want to reserve a slot now though I don't care.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:23 pm   Reply with quote

I'll reserve a spot for a slightly more modern Alexander, though he's one and the same as my alt.
The Town of Lix    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:29 pm   Reply with quote

Kay, reserve a spot for me. I have a sheet pretty much done for the person I want to use, anyways.
The Domain of Secrets    
Carpaccio
Super BLU Spy

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:43 pm   Reply with quote

I would like to join but I have no completely original characters. If I don't come up with one by the time you stop accepting then PM me any way to ignore topics, if such a method exists, please.
Sigil Securities    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:51 pm   Reply with quote

I got this from my old character sheet from the old Super Hero RPG thing, and modified it. I hope you don't mind if I post this.

Name:Henry Razorback
Birthplace:Bayburg TX
Backstory:Henry Razorback is the son of John Razorback, an industrial tycoon who owns one of the few large corporations that isn't deeply involved with Vite-Corp in any way. John had very high expectations for his son, and at age 18, Henry was already a sophomore in college. Eventually, John rewarded Henry with a two month-long vacation to New York City starting only days before the event...
Hell    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:24 am   Reply with quote

Ill reserve a spot and ill put up my sheet later
Choco's    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:56 am   Reply with quote

*Reserves Spot*

Posting Character when I make one.
Die4Less Corp.    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:26 am   Reply with quote

Oh yeah, what do you want on the character sheet?
The Town of Lix    
DarkBlueAce
Louis

HP: 99 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:05 pm   Reply with quote

I'm reserving a spot.

Name: Danny
Appearance: Slight tan, darkblue pants, black shirt, dakrgrey hoodie, black and white shoes, light brown hair, blue eyes, and white socks.

I'm guessing that's all I need to put.

Last edited by Louis on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:23 pm   Reply with quote

This starts tomorrow night.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:34 pm   Reply with quote

What do you want on the character sheet?
Choco's    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play