digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:02 pm   Reply with quote

1984 is a book written by George Orwell in 1949. It describes a negative Utopia, according to the back of my copy.
The story takes place in London, Oceania (presumably somewhere in Africa, I have no clue, really. Maybe what was England?), and the main character is a man named Winston Smith, and throughout the story, the action is focused on him.
Basically, he buys a diary (a thoughtcrime), meets a hot chick he hates at first but then falls in love with, disobeys Big Brother, gets caught by the Thought Police, is tortured (or rather, "cured"), and finally, the story ends. It's my idea that he gets shot after being "cured" of his "lunacy."
It's a pretty good book, so I suggest it be read, though it does get dry towards the end.
And I close with this: Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4.
NON BANNER    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media